Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Part of me wants the Phillies to sign him for the simple fact that he'll probably turn it around and go on to kill the Mets because of karma 

20 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Rhys is tricky.  Pathologically hot and cold.  Terrible fielder.  Combine the two and you get a controversial player.  OPS and HR stats are nice, an established .245 hitter isn't as nice.  I like the guy and he's still above average, but I think you aspire for a better bat from an inconsistent fielding 1b.

How is a horrible fielder, a 245 hitter that goes through horrible streaks above average exactly?. It is hilarious how people just brush off the defensive side of the game, hate to tell you it matters alot  

FYI, if you have T-Mobile cellular or home internet you can get MLB TV for free today on the T mobile Tuesdays app (maybe for the rest of the week as well)

If you have the cellular internet they will send you the confirmation code to the little screen on your router to sign up for T-Mobile Tuesdays app.

You need to be signed in to the MLB app with the same email as your T-mobile account and it probably won't work on a device on a rival network.

I got it to work on a Galaxy Tab that has no service besides wifi and my computer.

I am watching the Angles kill the Dodgers right now.

Its a much better deal for out of town people because the Phillies will be blacked out in the Delaware Valley but its hard to beat free.

Interesting trade.... 

He is only 24 and was the key piece the Braves traded for Matt Olson last year. 

He was rated as the Braves #2 prospect going into 2022 and was #3 overall OF prospect in all of mlb in 2021.

Hes an elite defender (80 prospect grade) who hasn't hit in limited mlb time, but it's still worth a shot 

• Haha 1

Last year in Oakland he was 5th in defensive runs saved despite only playing in 90 games (70 starts) 

He was #7 overall prospect in all MLB in 2021. 

This could be highway robbery by Dombrowski 

Last year in Oakland he was 5th in defensive runs saved despite only playing in 90 games (70 starts) 

He was #7 overall prospect in all MLB in 2021. 

This could be highway robbery by Dombrowski 

Could be a L/R platoon situation with Marsh. Also a great defensive replacement in left and right field. 

If his bat comes along, great. If not, who cares. Doesn’t appear the Phils gave up much. 

Marsh with a nice poke down the left field line. 5-0 Phils. 

Guys, Bohm is on pace to hit 1,000 with 162 hr.

If he can only keep up half that pace, he’ll still hit .500 with 81 hr.

• Like 1

Nola imploded in the 4th. Now 5-5. Shame on Thomson. He just have been pulled 2 batters earlier. That 10 pitch at bat screwed Nola all up. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Jake cave looks terrible

Not shocking. Nola also looking like he did at the end of the year. Can easily see him having a 09 hamels type year after his 08 postseason run 

Gonna be 0-5 the last 2 years vs. the Fing rangers.