Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Merril Kelly looks like Chris Elliot

Nice job tonight Ranger! Need 10 runs this half inning before the bullpen shows up

1 minute ago, RoadToHell said:

Nice job tonight Ranger! Need 10 runs this half inning before the bullpen shows up

At least we can use dominguez, Alvarado, kimbrel and soto tonight. Not sure that eases my mind but it’s better then the alternatives the last two nights 

8 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Yep here we go

Thomson has to have a quick hook here with dominguez if he can’t get this guy out after giving up a double and walk need to pull him 

yup of Fing course dominguez implodes. 

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Jesus Fn Christ I hate our bullpen

Part of this is Thomson. Dominguez was awful in May against the dbacks. He didn’t even record an out. Not exactly the guy I’d go to considering Alvarado the dbacks haven’t seen this year and soto was good against dbacks in the last series. 

Phillies going 0-11 with RISP tonight 

IMG_7799.jpeg

gonna need to at least get the runner home from second and likely a second run home with walker coming up and Carroll

Love Bryce but he’s been awful with runners in scoring position so far this year. he is hitting .162

Thank god for Alvarado, soto and kimbrel holding it down after the implosion by dominguez. Feels big we could at least get a split in Az. 

We win good! Sucks this bullpen can’t keep the ball in the ballpark and can’t keep runs off the scoreboard when we’re up plenty but Jose got us the win and Nicky two bags drove in the 4th run so I’ll take it but shouldn’t have come to this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

We win good! Sucks this bullpen can’t keep the ball in the ballpark and can’t keep runs off the scoreboard when we’re up plenty but Jose got us the win and Nicky two bags drove in the 4th run so I’ll take it but shouldn’t have come to this. 

Surprising dominguez looked like he had turned the corner. He had a 0.47 era from April 18 until his last two appearances. Soto has the same issues all year. He’s great for like 5-6 appearances then has an implosion that’s really bad. Alvarado looks to be getting more sharp although really needs to not be walking guys. To Kimbrel’s credit he’s actually been good since his GS implosion. It’d be nice if we could get one more big bullpen arm in here. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Surprising dominguez looked like he had turned the corner. He had a 0.47 era from April 18 until his last two appearances. Soto has the same issues all year. He’s great for like 5-6 appearances then has an implosion that’s really bad. Alvarado looks to be getting more sharp although really needs to not be walking guys. To Kimbrel’s credit he’s actually been good since his GS implosion. It’d be nice if we could get one more big bullpen arm in here. 

Yea I hope we can pick up a bullpen arm and a 5th starter real soon. Something please 

On another note, it's crazy to me that Arizona is in first place in their division but their stadium is empty. Is this the new norm for baseball? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnB said:

On another note, it's crazy to me that Arizona is in first place in their division but their stadium is empty. Is this the new norm for baseball? 

Most of the fans in Az couldn’t care less about the dbacks. more opposing fans than dbacks fans. The only team that Phoenix shows up for are the suns. The cardinals they show up when they are good. If they are ok or bad they start not showing up. Even then I’d argue if it’s a team like the eagles, packers, cowboys, Steelers or of that nature it’s 40-60% opposing fans. The dbacks won’t get fans til like September and October assuming they make the playoffs. besides the suns and Arizona wildcats basketball most of the fan bases aren’t invested and a lot of transplants 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

4.35 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, 5.3 BB/9 - all at Lehigh this year.  Yeah, he'll help :rolleyes: 

I guess the point is to save the bullpen more than anything - since we're losing all the damn bullpen games anyway