Friday at 01:35 AM3 days 3 minutes ago, Tnt4philly said:I DGAF about Nola. He sucks. I’m not sitting JT in the playoffs cuz Nola has an issues pitching to one of the best strategic catchers in baseball. Nola couldn’t hit the broad side of Kate Smith tonight. Can’t blame that on JT.Yeah, you blame the manager because again if you are playing him you either give him his binky or don't start him.
Friday at 01:35 AM3 days 3 minutes ago, Tnt4philly said:I DGAF about Nola. He sucks. I’m not sitting JT in the playoffs cuz Nola has an issues pitching to one of the best strategic catchers in baseball. Nola couldn’t hit the broad side of Kate Smith tonight. Can’t blame that on JT.What universe are you living in that he is the best strategic catcher in baseball? It is 2026. He had a 1-40 streak to end the season and hasn’t been good all Fing year.And if you were so good to strategically, tell me why Stubbs when he’s took over catching Nola around July figured out how to get Nola to pitch his best baseball in 2 years and a 2.82. Meanwhile, Jt got the opportunity again. The last two starts of Nola’s season. Guess what Nola sucked again. I don’t know maybe there’s a correlation between the fact Nola feels more comfortable pitching with stubbs and that might benefit him. So once again, if you’re gonna make the idiotic decision to start nola then you better just not compound it with the fact that you had data showing you he and Jt are not good together.
Friday at 01:44 AM3 days That was a great opportunity to do something and they come up small. Hope for some big changes next year.
Friday at 01:46 AM3 days 24 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:I'm not watching but I'm guessing it's just swing for the fences or bust. That's all they know how to do.Not only that, swinging at pitches way out of the zone.
Friday at 01:48 AM3 days 1 minute ago, GreenReaper said:Not only that, swinging at pitches way out of the zone.Also known as Thursday to this team.
Friday at 01:50 AM3 days 1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:Also known as Thursday to this team.They had an offensive outburst yesterday of 4 runs. Should’ve expected them to be offensively drained today
Friday at 01:53 AM3 days 2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:They had an offensive outburst yesterday of 4 runs. Should’ve expected them to be offensively drained today7 runs in 2 straight games is monumental for this offense, had a feeling this game would be a goose egg, a fitting end to a playoff exit
Friday at 01:54 AM3 days For some reason I expected a better approach. We see how walks lead to runs but for some reason they want to be super aggressive. We finally get 2 on with no outs and JT flies out on what would have been a 2-0 count. Then it ends with a double play. It's sickening.
Friday at 02:00 AM3 days 5 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:For some reason I expected a better approach. We see how walks lead to runs but for some reason they want to be super aggressive. We finally get 2 on with no outs and JT flies out on what would have been a 2-0 count. Then it ends with a double play. It's sickening.Watching them for like 150 of their 162 games this year, I kind of expected them to do this. The only time they changed their approach was that August run. And I would argue it wasn’t that they changed their approach as much they just faced a lot of bad pitching and feasted on it. And as soon as they got back to facing good pitching, they went right back to what they were.
Friday at 02:03 AM3 days Just now, NothingClever said:Well, good night everybody... see you for the 2028 season?We’ll be here, we always are
Friday at 02:10 AM3 days 6 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:We’ll be here, we always areI’d like to say I won’t be but I guess I’m a masochist so yeah, I’ll be here.
Friday at 02:33 AM3 days I got no problem with the team having Nola pitch. He gets paid $25 million a year to do this job. Unfortunately he sucked. They were never gonna make it with Wheeler and a crap bullpen, so what can you do?
Friday at 02:38 AM3 days 26 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:I’d like to say I won’t be but I guess I’m a masochist so yeah, I’ll be here.The good news is the lockout it’s gonna push back the start of the season. So at least we don’t have to watch them for like another 8 to 9 months.
Friday at 02:48 AM3 days 3 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:Harper is a POS.Screw him and his IG baking BS for the next year
Friday at 02:59 AM3 days Big move in the offseason will probably be to re-sign Arraez and Stott for 2nd and 3rd, respectively. They’ll sign another Whit Merrifield/Adolis Garcia/Max Kepler. And their OF will be, again, Marsh, Johan Roj….I mean Crawford, plus their annual addition.Pitching will all be one year worse and the Schwarber/Harper/Turner/JT train will also be one year worse.They’ll invest something in someone for the bullpen. Nothing more, nothing less. They are predictable.
Friday at 04:48 AM3 days Their season may have finished today but it really ended back in the offseason when their plan was to just run it back again. That mess of an offseason doomed this team to failure. They came back with a worse older team, what did they expect?
Friday at 06:02 AM3 days Seems like we lost this series in the final week of the season when we couldn’t close things out and totally Fed the rotation.
Friday at 06:12 AM3 days 8 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:Seems like we lost this series in the final week of the season when we couldn’t close things out and totally Fed the rotation.I don’t know if they win the series if they clinch earlier. However they definitely took away their biggest advantage by their poor finish.
Create an account or sign in to comment