Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - We can't hit for crap

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

I truly think they need to blow it up this offseason.

Nola - 34

Schwarber - 34

Harper - 34

JT - 36

Wheeler - 37

With the exception of Nola, you could move everyone of those guys for value, some obviously more than others. If you ate $10M annually from Nola’s contract, you could easily find a suitor.

Given Bohm and Arraez are free agents, and Duran, Stott and Marsh will be the same next offseason, I can’t see a path for this team to seriously contend in the next 2-3 years.

The clearest path is to clear salary and restock on young prospects and MLB ready talent.

This goes back to what I said at the deadline, they shouldn’t be buyers. In fact it was smarter to be sellers cause schwarber, wheeler and Duran could bring you a boatload of prospects back to infuse your farm and just hope you don’t F that up. Now they were never gonna do this because I have way too much money invested, and they won’t view this as a sunk cost. Meanwhile, it is a Now they were never gonna do this because I have way too much money invested and they won’t view this as a sunk cost. Reality is going to hit them hard when apathy comes through from the fans wherever we play next year. tbh it kind of started already the last two home series there were plenty of opening seats. Years past it’s not like they.

At the deadline they had consistently shown you they were good enough to potentially just make the playoffs, but they were never gonna beat the better teams. They were awful against better teams in the NL not named padres (frankly all early in season when they were as bad as us). Because the roster was too flawed. You didn’t have enough prospects in your farm because your farm system is not very good. And there wasn’t enough guys on the market that you could bring in to get you into legitimate contender territory.

Like in 2011 when Ryan Howard tore his Achilles on the last play vs. cardinals and that was really when that era ended, Kerkering throwing the ball away is going to be that moment where everybody knew it was basically over. They might make the playoffs as the last teams vying to get in like dbacks and Phillies aren’t legit contenders but better than the dreck behind them.

The issue we’re doing it now is that if Dave is gonna be here, he’s not the guy you want making those trades. You want somebody from an organization that can identify prospects and talent to make those type of trades. Furthermore, you have less value for some of those guys. Wheeler being traded at the deadline with a year and a half left would’ve gotten you more. Schwarber at the deadline when he was on a great home run pace and probably would’ve been the best bat on the market, would have gotten you more. Duran with a 1.5 years left on his contract is more valuable then now with just one year. He’s essentially a rental unless he agrees to an extension with the team he’s traded to.

  • Replies 35.2k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

The Eagles have won 2 championships in the last 10 years. If the Phillies had that feather in their cap we’re having a different conversation about them as a team.

Sorry Dave, let me be more to the point for you..... the CURRENTLY similar ( last year and so far this year ) Eagles.

FB_IMG_1790955459987.jpg

22 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Sorry Dave, let me be more to the point for you..... the CURRENTLY similar ( last year and so far this year ) Eagles.

I agree the Eagles are flawed, but we’ll see how the season plays out. Obviously Monday night wasn’t great. mellow2

The Phillies have some longer term question marks in my opinion. I mean, Turner for seven more years? Nola for four more years?

23 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I agree the Eagles are flawed, but we’ll see how the season plays out. Obviously Monday night wasn’t great. mellow2

The Phillies have some longer term question marks in my opinion. I mean, Turner for seven more years? Nola for four more years?

Tbh I think the Phillies have more of an organizational problem with their front office. Being able to get the talent in that can take them to the next level.

I think the Eagles don’t necessarily have that problem. They have a front office that will go out to acquire the talent and for better part done a good job drafting/acquiring talent in the last 5 years. Imo their biggest hurdle is coaching and Qb position.

I would fly back to Philly just to help protest

11 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I would fly back to Philly just to help protest

image.gif

honestly, Bryce could force a power move where he says he doesn’t wanna play here if Dave comes back and asks to be dealt.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

honestly, Bryce could force a power move where he says he doesn’t wanna play here if Dave comes back and asks to be dealt.

If Middleton had any stones, he would pull the ultimate power play and dump both of them.

Screenshot_20261002_212330_Instagram.jpg

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20261002_212330_Instagram.jpg

e3554b6aaf30fc6a37ef6f22d4b31d85.jpeg

14 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20261002_212330_Instagram.jpg

Nice of him to say so, but gives the energy of a goodbye letter.

DD gets the extension so that he can hire his own Manager, yes?

@Diehardfan where are you at, in that you would fly back here? Just curious. I’m being nosy. 🦮🏈🏄

So I'm watching the Braves/Dodgers game, and do you know what I noticed when they showed the Dodgers lineup? The Dodgers lineup 1-9 puts absolute fear into the opposing pitcher. The Phillies? Other than Schwarber and Harper, it looks like a Triple AAA lineup compared to LA. They pretty much have 7 dead spots in their lineup, maybe 6 if Bohm is going good. What a joke.

8 hours ago, LacesOut said:

DD gets the extension so that he can hire his own Manager, yes?

@Diehardfan where are you at, in that you would fly back here? Just curious. I’m being nosy. 🦮🏈🏄

Utah. Good excuse to come back and see fam

So You are now in charge.... I dunno...maybe ya gave Middleton a handy or something.

Anyway..... you are keeping 6 players from this team. Trade equity is of no concern.... if all you get back is a ball girl.... do it

The Idea here is shed salary however you can and change the culture of this clubhouse.

Who ya keeping ? 6 players is it..... the rest must go.

Schwarber

McFarlane

Stott

Painter

Luzardo

Crawford

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Phillies AA Reading squad won their championship this season.

But, with Arraez out with an injury, did the Phillies bring anyone up?

No help from the minors except Otto Kemp late in game 3 versus Atlanta with the game out of reach.

On 10/2/2026 at 12:27 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh I think the Phillies have more of an organizational problem with their front office. Being able to get the talent in that can take them to the next level.

I think the Eagles don’t necessarily have that problem. They have a front office that will go out to acquire the talent and for better part done a good job drafting/acquiring talent in the last 5 years. Imo their biggest hurdle is coaching and Qb position.

DD has been obtuse. RF, bullpen and C were weak spots all year.

Don't get me started on giving up a loss every 5 days with starting Taijaun Walker or Andrew Painter. We seemingly did not care if we lost.

Was that a 10 game losing streak I recall earlier in the season?

That is the team that DD built.

Fire DD!!

3 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

So You are now in charge.... I dunno...maybe ya gave Middleton a handy or something.

Anyway..... you are keeping 6 players from this team. Trade equity is of no concern.... if all you get back is a ball girl.... do it

The Idea here is shed salary however you can and change the culture of this clubhouse.

Who ya keeping ? 6 players is it..... the rest must go.

6 is not enough:

Harper

Schwarber

Arraez

Wheeler

Luzardo

Sanchez

and then

Duran

Painter

Stott

Bohm

I want to sign:

OF Seiya Suzuki

OF Teruaki Sato from Japan

C Ryan Jeffers

C Tyler Stephenson

13 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Utah.

Oh cool. Never been to Utah.

I spent most of my summer out in Southern California for work and personal ish. Palm Springs area, and then Huntington Beach. Met a few really nice people from Utah while I was out there.

Beautiful. Palm Trees and Mountains and low humidity and deep blue skies. All things I don’t get here in Delaware.☹️

I’m a beach guy, but after my California experiences, I’d prefer the Desert of California over the Beaches.

I’m not too much of a Phillies fan, but it seems the "window” is closing.

Just now, LacesOut said:

Oh cool. Never been to Utah.

I spent most of my summer out in Southern California for work and personal ish. Palm Springs area, and then Huntington Beach. Met a few really nice people from Utah while I was out there.

Beautiful. Palm Trees and Mountains and low humidity and deep blue skies. All things I don’t get here in Delaware.☹️

I’m a beach guy, but after my California experiences, I’d prefer the Desert of California over the Beaches.

I’m not too much of a Phillies fan, but it seems the "window” is closing.

I'm from the city, so I never saw it before either. If you ever take a trip to Vegas drive up to Southern Utah and see Zion and Bryce. You don't regret it. I'm there all the time and would be happy to give you some tips if you ever do. It's unbelievable.

11 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm from the city, so I never saw it before either. If you ever take a trip to Vegas drive up to Southern Utah and see Zion and Bryce. You don't regret it. I'm there all the time and would be happy to give you some tips if you ever do. It's unbelievable.

I'll take you up on advice for Zion and Bryce Canyon. Some year I want to go there. How far of a dive is it from Las Vegas? How far of a drive is it from Flagstaff?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.