Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Featured Replies

I guess Burrow backed out

  • Replies 37.4k
  • Views 1.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Flights booked. Hotel booked. Will work on tickets this week. Gonna surprise the old man and show up to take him next Sunday. 

  • FranklinFldEBUpper
    FranklinFldEBUpper

    Getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stadium. Same thing I said five years ago....when I get home, I'm either going to be really depressed or extremely jubilant. Later gents.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't know there was a face of the league. Who has it been all this time? Brady?

Oh yeah, 100%. Think of a random kid in Wales who has never watched an nfl game. He probably has no idea who Patrick Mahomes is, but he more than likely not only Knows Tom Brady, knows he’s an NFL player, but also knows he won a bunch with the Patriots

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Herbert? How? I thought we weren't playing against Chargers in 2023

Im just saying thats who will be playing QB in each conference.  The AFC is going to be like a Who's Who of Pro Bowl QBs and the NFC is going to be Hurts, a 74 year old Brady, and a bunch of dudes

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Oh yeah, 100%. Think of a random kid in Wales who has never watched an nfl game. He probably has no idea who Patrick Mahomes is, but he more than likely not only Knows Tom Brady, knows he’s an NFL player, but also knows he won a bunch with the Patriots

I imagine Mahomes has replaced Brady as the face of the league then

1 hour ago, RLC said:

One of the rare times we will have the better ST unit.

These numbers mean absolutely nothing to me.   Football is about matchups.   

How will the Chiefs' OL handle the Eagles' relentless pass rush?   How healthy will Mahomes' ankle be to evade the rush when he inevitably breaks through?  Will Andy commit to running the ball?  ( :roll: sorry, had to include it)

How will the Chiefs' front 7 stand up to the beating that the Eagles' OL can put on them?  Will the Eagles be as dominant on the ground as they have been and just wear down the Chiefs' D as they have done to countless teams this season/post-season.   Chiefs give up 1.0 more yard rushing per attempt than the 49ers.  49ers were the best in ypc, Chiefs are tied for 15th... aka, they are very mediocre in that department.

Meanwhile, Chiefs are second in sacks (15 behind the Eagles who were obviously #1).   So, this game needs to be won behind the OL opening holes for the running game.  And frankly, I don't think any team has actually shut down our running game in a single game this year.  

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to BWF podcast they said lane told them it felt like the complete opposite of 2017 where they were challenged a lot by having to overcome season ending injuries throughout the year and this year they’ve managed to avoid the significant season ending injuries except to Barnett. 

Was losing Barnett really a negative though?  🤔

The Pro Bowl has officially jumped the shark. Tyler Huntley made it at QB. :roll:

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

It's a good meme, though.  Maybe I'm just a petty person, but if I were Sirianni this would be a thing.

Will he show the team a video of him getting fired by Reid? 

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Some of you guys take superstition to an almost unhealthy level :lol: 

the-office-michael-scott.gif

20 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Losing Barnett was a net plus

I meant it as more of significant in terms of severe injury 

 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I meant it as more of significant in terms of severe injury 

Honestly, we probably don’t waste a 4 on Quinn if he doesn’t get hurt…

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Herbert?

Wow, I just assumed Herbert was already on the roster. Yeah, that's much much worse that Huntley made it in.

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Eh, I don't know, Ertz was such a matchup headache for DCs. I feel like you can cover Goedert with a S, but that was just asking for trouble with Ertz. Now granted, Ertz doesn't block nearly as well in the run game, but that was counterbalanced by Celek. I wouldn't argue against a push there, but hard for me to give the edge to this group.

The TE Trio of Ertz, Celek and Burton were better than Goedert, Stoll and Calcaterra.  Not even close, honestly.  

37 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think goedert is far better than Ertz. Ertz was an unreal zone buster, but that was it. DG blocks, is physical, can turn screens into big plays, can catch downfield as well. The only real issue I have with DG is untimely drops on what should be easy catches.

I think Ertz was somewhat inflated because there was not many other options around. It was like that one season Jordan Matthews put up "decent” numbers. 

I think it's true that Ertz's target share played a big role in his production but it was highest when he played with Jeffrey and Agholor.  I think a lot of it was driven by his ability to get open and create mismatches in coverage. Matthews is a little different.  He put up decent numbers in his first 2 seasons.  The first season Maclin was still on the team with Ertz. The second was related probably more to his target share.  It was clear, however, the he could not be a number 2 WR.  

45 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I asked if he was going to get a contract similar to a LB or a DE

A contract similar to LT.

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

Wow, I just assumed Herbert was already on the roster. Yeah, that's much much worse that Huntley made it in.

Herbert is injured

55 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So is Reddick going to be paid like a LB or a DE?

He's under contract for 2 more years.

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The NFCCG prediction winner goes to @Cliftoma who predicted a 34-10 Eagles win.

Bonus prediction winners:

@Aerolithe_Lion Hurts has 11+ carries

@BigEFly Reddick Sack

@EaglePhan1986 Defense forces 3 TO's

@LeanMeanGM Reddick strip sack

 

On to the Super Bowl!

 

3o6MbbP5msFnLrf0Xu (1).gif

25 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Herbert?

 

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

Wow, I just assumed Herbert was already on the roster. Yeah, that's much much worse that Huntley made it in.

He had surgery for a torn labrum. He was the first alternate but obviously can't make it because of his injury. 

46 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think goedert is far better than Ertz. Ertz was an unreal zone buster, but that was it. DG blocks, is physical, can turn screens into big plays, can catch downfield as well. The only real issue I have with DG is untimely drops on what should be easy catches.

I think Ertz was somewhat inflated because there was not many other options around. It was like that one season Jordan Matthews put up "decent” numbers. 

Disagree.  The game winner was him beating a safety... man to man for the TD.  

But the TE position isn't just one guy.  It wasn't just one in 2017 (they ran a ton of 13 personnel, actually) and it isn't with this team either who still run a lot of 12.  The full slate of TEs in 2022 aren't even close to what the 2017 room had to offer.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Disagree.  The game winner was him beating a safety... man to man for the TD.  

But the TE position isn't just one guy.  It wasn't just one in 2017 (they ran a ton of 13 personnel, actually) and it isn't with this team either who still run a lot of 12.  The full slate of TEs in 2022 aren't even close to what the 2017 room had to offer.

Yep. He often was isolated opposite of trips. He was excellent against man coverage. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

 

He had surgery for a torn labrum. He was the first alternate but obviously can't make it because of his injury. 

Apparently Huntley made it in above Lawrence. The whole thing is dumb. I haven't watched a pro bowl in years, but I don't see how the NFL expects to increase viewership when they do stupid stuff like this. Maybe Andy Dalton or Daniel Jones will get the nod to replace Hurts.

4 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Apparently Huntley made it in above Lawrence. The whole thing is dumb. I haven't watched a pro bowl in years, but I don't see how the NFL expects to increase viewership when they do stupid stuff like this. Maybe Andy Dalton or Daniel Jones will get the nod to replace Hurts.

Lawrence made it in above Huntley

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/31/trevor-lawrence-replaces-patrick-mahomes-on-pro-bowl-roster/amp/

PFT deduces that Lawrence was second alternate and Huntley fourth alternate

 

And Goff is already the Hurts replacement

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's under contract for 2 more years.

I edited my post since you're the 2nd to reply with this

I was asking if he'd get paid like a DE or a LB when he gets a new contract

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Ertz was used more as a weapon. Goedert has been used for everything but not as big of an impact as a weapon since Hurts has Brown and Smith. Difficult to compare IMO

Did they compare the TE group or just the starter?  2017 had the better group overall.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.