Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Never seen those mountains so can't compare but I can tell you I was born and lived in Utah for 30 years right at the base of mountains in SLC and whenever I go back home to visit a few times a year when I drive into the valley I always say wow look at those mountains those things are huge and beautiful.

Let me know when you make it out there and I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can about out there.

I do want to go to east though one of these days 

I was in the NY airport switching planes but never left the airport and was only there long enough to run through terminal to connecting plane so that doesn't really count.

 

 

I can't imagine seeing those tall peaks of the Rockies on the horizon. Their jagged peaks and valleys are nothing like the smooth and rounded mountains of the Blue Ridge. It is wild though how much older the Appalachian mountains are in comparison. Erosion, like Father Time, always wins out.

Never felt more spiritually connected to everything than at the top of a peak.

  • Replies 37.4k
  • Views 1.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Flights booked. Hotel booked. Will work on tickets this week. Gonna surprise the old man and show up to take him next Sunday. 

  • FranklinFldEBUpper
    FranklinFldEBUpper

    Getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stadium. Same thing I said five years ago....when I get home, I'm either going to be really depressed or extremely jubilant. Later gents.

Posted Images

"This is returnable from the 6 yard line. He’s gonna flip it back to Burkhead, but he’s gonna get wrapped up back at the 7 yard line.”

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

We just went up 3-0 on the Pats. I’ll let you guys know how it ends. 

When we settled for the FG I was worried. When they doinked I knew we would win. Literally never had a doubt from that point on.

"Brady, under pressure! Escapes the sack. Launching one for the end zone , it’s jump ball and it’s incomplete. Gronk was there, and time runs out.”

”And this is the end of the game.”

"And for the Philadelphia Eagles the long drought is over. Finally.”

41-33. 

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hard disagree about Wyoming due to Yellowstone which was an amazing trip. But if we’re talking about living there, I can see it getting old eventually. 

Oh yeah forgot to mention Yellowstone, I like the part of Yellowstone that's in Montana, I try to avoid Wyoming at all costs 

When BYU and Wyoming were in the WAC and would play each other every year one year Wyoming beat BYU who were perennial wac powerhouse and the headline in the paper read 

I'd rather live in Utah and lose to Wyoming than beat BYU and live in Laramie, where Uof W is located.

It stuck, people in Utah generally dont like Wyoming it's the red headed step child of the west, we go there to buy illegal fireworks and lotto tickets then rush back across the border before we get cooties.😁😉

Ok. I’m beyond drunk now. I will attempt to climb on my wife now. Fly, Eagles, Fly. 

14 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

I can't imagine seeing those tall peaks of the Rockies on the horizon. Their jagged peaks and valleys are nothing like the smooth and rounded mountains of the Blue Ridge. It is wild though how much older the Appalachian mountains are in comparison. Erosion, like Father Time, always wins out.

Never felt more spiritually connected to everything than at the top of a peak.

Yup mountains have that effect.

The mountains in Utah are my happy place, miss them pretty much every day.

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

I just hope the Eagles lose the toss

I feel heads and I feel that KC loses (by calling tails) and the Eagles take the ball to start.

I had a pretty decent coin toss record but have been sucking it up the last few years. Still about 14-6 give take.  Don't bet it but clock it to see if I am right.  

2 minutes ago, jamiller said:

I feel heads and I feel that KC loses (by calling tails) and the Eagles take the ball to start.

I had a pretty decent coin toss record but have been sucking it up the last few years. Still about 14-6 give take.  Don't bet it but clock it to see if I am right.  

I'd love for them to get the ball to start. Keep Andy and his 15 BS plays off the field and get a long drive for a TD.

3 minutes ago, jamiller said:

I feel heads and I feel that KC loses (by calling tails) and the Eagles take the ball to start.

I had a pretty decent coin toss record but have been sucking it up the last few years. Still about 14-6 give take.  Don't bet it but clock it to see if I am right.  

Want to lose the coin toss. I think the last 8 SB winners lost the opening coin toss. 

Tinder.

Man.

 

Just got invited to a spitroast.

 

Why can't I meet nice girls in libraries or museums?

3 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Tinder.

Man.

 

Just got invited to a spitroast.

 

Why can't I meet nice girls in libraries or museums?

Yeah but is she hot? 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah but is she hot? 

6.5/10

Curvy brunette with some exotic features 

Out of shape but so am I

It's so weird that husbands want another dude in the bedroom. Happens alot on that app

 

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

6.5/10

Curvy brunette with some exotic features 

Out of shape but so am I

It's so weird that husbands want another dude in the bedroom. Happens alot on that app

 

It’s happening more and more. More open marriages. Like I’m fine with it as long as he’s not there or in the room. That i wouldn’t do. I actually got invited to a swingers party a couple months back by a couple on the app. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s happening more and more. More open marriages. Like I’m fine with it as long as he’s not there or in the room. That i wouldn’t do. I actually got invited to a swingers party a couple months back by a couple on the app. 

It's crazy. She told me her husband gets off on watching another dude be with her. He films and then joins midway.

I had to respectfully pass.

Got a Super Bowl to watch lol

10 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

It's crazy. She told me her husband gets off on watching another dude be with her. He films and then joins midway.

I had to respectfully pass.

Got a Super Bowl to watch lol

image.gif.f2307a46cef82a7b8b9cf67c50631b40.gif

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.f2307a46cef82a7b8b9cf67c50631b40.gif

 

giphy-2.gif

 

It's game day! The nerves have started already. 

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I forget the details but I recall something about the Super Bowl champion Cowboys in '92. (Yeah it's gross thinking about how after two decades of being really good, they suck for only about three years, and then became great again, even better than before. Gross.) Jimmy Johnson said something about how they were just loaded that year and that all they really had to do in the Super Bowl was simply lay the cards out on the table because they had the winning hand. I forget the exact metaphor he used, but it was along those lines, that they were just the better team and they were going to win if they played their game.

I kinda get that same vibe here. I'm not guaranteeing victory, but I feel that if we "lay our cards on the table", meaning we play our best game, we win even if the Chiefs play their best game too. We're the better team.

Incidentally that '92 Cowboys team was a historically healthy team so the similarity holds here as well since we're slated to start all 22 starters who opened the season.

My single concern is losing a shootout if Hurts injury is preventing him from throwing like he did earlier in the year. Don’t see it getting that far but with Mahomes and the interior Chiefs OL it is possible. 

Ugh...the longest wait of our lives has begun. Kickoff can't come soon enough.  Go Birds!  

Time to predict.

Andy attempts to crowd the LoS and force Hurts to pass deep under pressure.  Nick sticks to standard Eagles playbook.

The key to the game will be whether or not the Chiefs keep the Eagles from getting a push up the middle.  If they do it becomes a high scoring tight shootout and comes down to whether Hurts can hit those passes he hit earlier in the year or not (is he healthy enough?).

 

Eagles 31  Chiefs 27

Suh with a big sack

 

@LeanMeanGM

Gonna be a special day. My pops passed away yesterday (long time coming). He asked me earlier in the week who i thought i was gonna win and i calmly told him Eagles. He asked me why and i couldnt stop giving him reasons..he asked why they would lose (if they did) and the only answer i had was we beat ourselves. Something tells me that he’s up there and will make sure that wont happen. Its been a special season. The day to finish it off is upon us

1675075886-36798.jpg

 

Well Eagles Fans.  This is it. The Birds are back in the Super Bowl.   Just 5 short years ago…..we watched our Philly Special Birds lift Lombardi for the first time.   Well their back to do it again in the Blockbuster Sequel.  We have some returning characters from the last time.  But we have some new heroes on this journey.    In a sense of irony. It’s against our beloved former Coach Andy Reid and his dominate Chiefs Team.  He left us the Winningest Coach in Eagles History.  He would then turn the Chiefs organization around.  They would appear in  5 AFC Championships in a Row with 3 Wins.  3 Super Bowl Appearances and on Win thus far.  7 AFC West Championships.   They are an amazing team, and Andy got a 2nd Life Coaching them after leaving the Eagles.   With that said, we’ve seen this story in the past.  The Patriots were that team during Super Bowl LII.   They were the dominate force who had just won Super Bowls the previous years.  We were the underdog and shocked the world.  Why can’t it happen again?  The Eagles and Chiefs have only played each other 9 times.  Chiefs lead the series 5-4.  So we really don’t have beef with them or a serious rivalry.  Throw in the Kelce Brothers and Andy situation doesn't make this game as bitter as the Patriots rematch in the Super Bowl LII.   

The Patriots situation was different because it had a lot of storylines.  With that said, they are standing in the way of our Next Championship.  Andy is 3-0 against the Birds since he left.  He beat Chip, Doug and Nick which were his successors.   The Eagles haven’t beaten the Chiefs since 2009 back when Andy was coaching, and Donovan was playing.  The Chiefs have also been in several one score games.  So yes this is a tall task.  But this team has done nothing but defy history all year long.  This is the perfect time for Andy to get his first Loss against the Birds.   Yes Andy is a better coach than Nick.  But so was Belichick against Doug.   It’s not about being the Better coach All Time.  It’s about being the better coach on that day.   I think our Coaches work as unit so it’s not just on Nick but Nick, Shane and Gannon working together.   I believe the Eagles are the better team top to bottom and they will show that.  There’s a reason the Birds have outscored teams 69-14 in the Playoffs.   I think they keep it going in the Super Bowl. 

I expect the Offense to be balanced and Jalen actually have some strong passing numbers.   I expect him to tear it up on the ground as well (Super Bowl QB Rushing Record?).   I think the running game will work against this defense.   Patrick will get some points, no doubt but I feel the D will hold him.  The Pressure from this Pass Rush will be too much, and I don’t think Patrick’s ankle is all the way healed so he won’t be as mobile. I expect Spags and the Chiefs Defense to throw the kitchen sink to stop Jalen, but they won’t have the answers.   AJ, Devonta and Dallas should be able to take advantage of the young rookie Defenders.  Jalen will leave everything out there along with this team as they’ve done all year.   They rolled the GMen.   They rolled the 9ers.  Yes this could end up being be a close game  (3 to 7 points), but I feel they might as well make it three for three dominate performances.  Birds will put up big points, Patrick plays catch up, but it won’t be enough.   Birds Roll to 2nd Super Bowl Championship in just 5 years.  5th Overall Franchise Championship. 

 

BIRDS – 38

CHIEFS – 24

 

Jalen – Rush TD

Miles – Rush TD

AJ – TD

DeVonta – TD

Goedert – TD

Jake  - FG

 

Defense – Multiple Sacks, INT, Fumble Recovery

4 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

I've never been west of Alabama. But up and down the East Coast many times. From Key West to Massachusetts.

It's on the bucket list to make it out west.

I’ve never been further west than Dallas, Witchita KS or Knoxville Iowa. Not sure which is furthest west. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.