The Board has been Upgraded

VaBeach_Eagle

28 minutes ago, Thunda32 said:

I remember that. It was down for a while, at least days, not sure if a week - but it felt like forever at the time with everyone’s pent up frustration from the game.

It was down for a good while. I would check it nearly every day to see if it was back up, and looking now at the archive of the old EMB's member list, I see that it shows my join date as February 28th, 2003 (my member number was 611).

I know that there's others with earlier join dates, but not substantially earlier. Just a quick glance, I see Dave's join date as February 27th with a member number in the 300's. Another member on the same day (the 27th) with a member number in the 130's, and those join dates are from just after the switch from that old (non-Invision) software, to the Invision software (which we're still using to this day), which was during that period that the board was down. 

Toaster's join date was February 26th, 2003 and his member number was 20. So that's probably the exact day that the board came back online. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Oh I Member GIFs | Tenor

Don't quote me till you learn how to read

12 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Thumbs down and middle finger reactions???

Thumbs down, as in disliking posts as opposed to the current likes system?

On 1/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The board upgrade is coming soon. It's planned to begin at 8:14 PM Eastern Time on Saturday and will take about 4 hours to complete... just kidding, of course. It's either happening late tonight, or early Sunday morning. 

So if you come and the board is down, that's why. 

We appreciate all your efforts and hard work on this board, @VaBeach_Eagle!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes sir.  I thought we had it when we first started this board, but someone cried about it so it was removed.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

... when dumb@ss posters run their mouth about how awesome they are.

Come on, I don't do it THAT often, do I? :huh: 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Yes sir.  I thought we had it when we first started this board, but someone cried about it so it was removed.

I don't specifically remember if it's an option or not.  

@Moderator12 might remember better, and if it is available, why it isn't active. I have a vague thought that it was because of the potential to abuse that system in a retaliatory sort of way against other members. But that could be completely incorrect. I just don't recall right now. 

36 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't specifically remember if it's an option or not.  

@Moderator12 might remember better, and if it is available, why it isn't active. I have a vague thought that it was because of the potential to abuse that system in a retaliatory sort of way against other members. But that could be completely incorrect. I just don't recall right now. 

Mods definitely said no to the negative reactions because they'd get abused

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't think that was here.  I think that's when Edwin made the big change on the old boards. 

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Mods definitely said no to the negative reactions because they'd get abused

I think that was the reasoning behind disabling it, but I've just had so much going on that I just don't specifically remember. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't think that was here.  I think that's when Edwin made the big change on the old boards. 

I think we asked about it here, but the idea was shut down.  I think it would be good, and maybe there would be less dumb posting if you piled up negative reactions.

Just now, downundermike said:

I think we asked about it here, but the idea was shut down.  I think it would be good, and maybe there would be less dumb posting if you piled up negative reactions.

No one would ever post again then

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I ain't scared, I dominate positive reaction.

I am leading today.

2nd yesterday and the day before.

2nd on the 13th

1st on the 11th and 12th

2nd on the 10th

1st on the 9th

1st on the 4th, 5th and 6th

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/pastleaders/?sortdirection=desc

There take the confused face!

Either a 👎 or a 😡 emoji is needed imo. If people are too sensitive about it, maybe they'll think twice about posting. 1 thing I know for sure, will save me time quoting people in the GDT and telling them that they're morons, fair weather fans etc. 🤣

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Everything looks and feels the same to me. 

Don't think it happened yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Don't think it happened yet.

Think VA said after the game or Sunday morning he is doing it

• Like 2

Just a reminder, the board may go down for a while in a few hours (from this posting). 

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just a reminder, the board may go down for a while in a few hours (from this posting). 

I'll believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Are we upgraded yet?

No, I forgot to give Mark a username to be able to log in to do what he needs to do, so it's still pending.