The Board has been Upgraded

VaBeach_Eagle

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

iPhone formating

Go to the bottom of the screen and switch to the "Generic" skin and see if that formats better or if it works the same, and let me know. 

20 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Is there a way to disable signatures? They seem way more annoying on this update 

You can do that in your profile settings. I haven't had sigs enabled here or on the old EMB for probably 15 years. 

The board was upgraded today (January 22nd). Please report any bugs, or problems reading things, like I just noticed in this posting where you can't read the word "Poll":

image.png

Report anything at all (and when I say 'report', I don't mean to use the report feature, just post it here or in the "Board Technical Issues" thread). Post about what you like, don't like, problems or whatever. We need to know it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Layout has more wasted space.

Gray color isn't as nice on the eyes.

Notification menu on mobile is off screen to the right, need to scroll to see full.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Notification menu on mobile is off screen to the right, need to scroll to see full.

What he said^

Will just take time to get used to it.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah, Mark had to step away (he's in the UK so they're 5 hours ahead of us), but we're going to keep working on things as we go along and the skin has some adjustments that need to be made. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, Mark had to step away (he's in the UK so they're 5 hours ahead of us), but we're going to keep working on things as we go along and the skin has some adjustments that need to be made. 

Please add some reaction emojis. Either a 👎 🤬 😡 or 🖕

• Like 2

Most of us are n00bs!  :lol:

However, I do see a few that have earned the "contributor”badge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

At least it all works. It's just cosmetic stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Please add some reaction emojis. Either a 👎 🤬 😡 or 🖕

I have to look through all of the settings and familiarize myself with some of the new systems, but as for the reactions, I believe the decision was to disable negative reactions. @Moderator12 can weigh in on that, too. 

• Like 1

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have to look through all of the settings and familiarize myself with some of the new systems, but as for the reactions, I believe the decision was to disable negative reactions. @Moderator12 can weigh in on that, too. 

Boooooo!!!! Freedom of emoji (speech)!!! 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here you go @VaBeach_Eagle, you can see I was quoted at the bottom of the screen, but nothing up, and nowhere to click on notifications anywhere.

4396CB6E-E05C-469E-870E-B4B0687F164D.jpeg

That could just be that the poster removed the quote or deleted the post

That would happen before the update

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That could just be that the poster removed the quote or deleted the post

That would happen before the update

It was the second I was quoted 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

At least it all works. It's just cosmetic stuff.

Yeah, he made sure to get everything functional before he had to step away for now. 

The upgrade actually wasn't meant to happen in the middle of our afternoon, it was meant to happen early morning (6 am time frame, Eastern time). But I neglected to give him a username for part of the upgrade. 

I sent it to him, then stepped away from the computer to fix my mother's lunch for her. In the time that I was away, he emailed me and said that he was about to start. Had I been at the computer, I'd probably have suggested waiting until 6 am-ish, since a game was going on and more people were online.

But since I was away from the computer and didn't respond, he went ahead and got started. But he immediately ran into an issue that I had to be here for. I was away from the computer for about 45 minutes, though and had no idea that anything was happening. 

So while it wasn't meant to happen during the afternoon, it's a good thing that it did. Otherwise the board would have been down for quite a few hours waiting for me to discover that I was needed for it to continue. So I'm glad that it happened when it did. 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here you go @VaBeach_Eagle, you can see I was quoted at the bottom of the screen, but nothing up, and nowhere to click on notifications anywhere.

4396CB6E-E05C-469E-870E-B4B0687F164D.jpeg

How would it happen previously? Was there a bell icon or something else?

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'll see if there's anything that I can have done to fix that, but there may not be. I'll see though. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How would it happen previously? Was there a bell icon or something else?

See the 1 by the 3 lines in the top right corner.   Does not show that in generic mode.

82A8570C-946E-4A63-8726-9D723B2DD283.jpeg