The Board has been Upgraded

VaBeach_Eagle

57 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is still cut off on iphone and you have to scroll the screen left to click on it.

Check now and see how it looks. If it's still causing issues, let me know which system you use (iPhone what?). 

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Check now and see how it looks. If it's still causing issues, let me know which system you use (iPhone what?). 

Much better in the correct theme, still not showing in generic, but I don't think that matters.

I don't have the WU/CVON etc. forums. 

Did they get removed? Sorry if I missed any news regarding that. Late to the party, as always, I am.

15 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I don't have the WU/CVON etc. forums. 

Did they get removed? Sorry if I missed any news regarding that. Late to the party, as always, I am.

It was determined your services in WU/CVON were no longer required lol

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2023 at 4:33 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Also my name doesn't fit.  Might need this left section given some more width.

image.png.f2568b9467f5eccf57ed151f0272889c.png

This is being looked into. As long as it doesn't mess up other areas, if it can be fixed, it will be. 

• Like 1

I started a poll to see what everyone thinks about the new 'rank' system. Please let me know what you all think/want.

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Great, that's exactly what I was coming to ask about. 

Check your phone now and see how it is. 

Looks like it’s working now. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Still sad about the change. It looked so much better before.

If it's 'cosmetic' sort of stuff, that can be worked on. If it's 'feature' sort of stuff, that might be able to be worked on. 

Here's a recent archive of the board from before the upgrade: https://web.archive.org/web/20230109044858/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/

If you can get some screen shots of things from there that are different here, you can either post them here (and tag me), or PM me the screen shots. 

If it's something that I can fix, or that I can have fixed, I'll do what I can. But I'll need some specifics and examples. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If it's 'cosmetic' sort of stuff, that can be worked on. If it's 'feature' sort of stuff, that might be able to be worked on. 

Here's a recent archive of the board from before the upgrade: https://web.archive.org/web/20230109044858/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/

If you can get some screen shots of things from there that are different here, you can either post them here (and tag me), or PM me the screen shots. 

If it's something that I can fix, or that I can have fixed, I'll do what I can. But I'll need some specifics and examples. 

It's just cosmetics for me. I really liked the way it looked before. I don't care for it now. It functions just fine though, you've done a great job taking care of this place.

• Like 1

Just now, schuy7 said:

It's just cosmetics for me. I really liked the way it looked before. I don't care for it now. It functions just fine though, you've done a great job taking care of this place.

The theme can be tweaked. So I would welcome any suggestions, and like I said, examples from the older version, could help a lot. I want it to be 'right', so feel free to (at your leisure) screen cap some examples if you wish to. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I was just comparing the main page of the archive to the current main page and I see a couple of differences, which I'm going to have addressed (if possible). 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just comparing the main page of the archive to the current main page and I see a couple of differences, which I'm going to have addressed (if possible). 

Yeah, I'm not even sure what specifically I liked on the old version compared to now. Just everything really. I'll get used to it though. It seems most are pretty happy with the new look.

On 1/22/2023 at 5:05 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Hey @VaBeach_Eagle, I notice post counts shown are only an estimate, and will show if you hover your cursor overtop. Same with reputation points. Not shown at all, and estimated if you go to your profile.

Apparently, Invision made those changes to be permanent and not something that I can change in the boards controls. However, it seems that others who use this software, didn't like that change. So they've come up with custom modifications that will put it back to the way it was. 

It's just something that I'll have to dig into the board's code and make some changes. So that's something that will happen, as time permits. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, I'm not even sure what specifically I liked on the old version compared to now. Just everything really. I'll get used to it though. It seems most are pretty happy with the new look.

I've been going through the board and little by little, I've been seeing some things to tweak. Tags, for instance: @schuy7  That's not how they used to show up, so I'm going to get that adjusted to fit what they used to be (as seen below from an old GDT).

image.png

Are those some of the little things that affect the look and feel for you? Please do point them out, as you notice them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've been going through the board and little by little, I've been seeing some things to tweak. Tags, for instance: @schuy7  That's not how they used to show up, so I'm going to get that adjusted to fit what they used to be (as seen below from an old GDT).

Are those some of the little things that affect the look and feel for you? Please do point them out, as you notice them. 

Yeah, I liked the older version of the tags too. Just about anything from the old version is better to me. The whole layout looks nicer. Anything that can be done that is closer to that is a good move to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, schuy7 said:

Yeah, I liked the older version of the tags too. Just about anything from the old version is better to me. The whole layout looks nicer. Anything that can be done that is closer to that is a good move to me. 

The layout is actually pretty close now, to what it was before. Very close, as near as I can see. Just some tweaks are needed. So I'm wondering if you might be using the generic theme? 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The layout is actually pretty close now, to what it was before. Very close, as near as I can see. Just some tweaks are needed. So I'm wondering if you might be using the generic theme? 

No, I'm on the custom/Eagles one.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

No, I'm on the custom/Eagles one.

Ok, it's still a work in progress so hopefully we'll be able to get it closer to what it was. 

My personal preference was to not upgrade. I've been putting it off for over a year, but letting it go for too long, makes things really difficult down the road when a hard requirement of an upgrade would be upon us and we were approaching that situation (a required upgrade). So we had to just bite the bullet.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ok, it's still a work in progress so hopefully we'll be able to get it closer to what it was. 

My personal preference was to not upgrade. I've been putting it off for over a year, but letting it go for too long, makes things really difficult down the road when a hard requirement of an upgrade would be upon us and we were approaching that situation (a required upgrade). So we had to just bite the bullet.  

I think the biggest thing is the dark border around each post. One that's more translucent would look better. I don't remember exactly how it looked before.

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I think the biggest thing is the dark border around each post. One that's more translucent would look better. I don't remember exactly how it looked before.

That's on the list of things to adjust.

• Like 1

My last complaint, I know I've been a doozy, is the stat bar underneath the first post. I know it started on the side of the screen which was even worse. If there's anyway to get rid of that altogether, I would be in favor of that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

My last complaint, I know I've been a doozy, is the stat bar underneath the first post. I know it started on the side of the screen which was even worse. If there's anyway to get rid of that altogether, I would be in favor of that.

Yeah, why is it even there?

• Like 1