The Board has been Upgraded

VaBeach_Eagle

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

See the 1 by the 3 lines in the top right corner.   Does not show that in generic mode.

82A8570C-946E-4A63-8726-9D723B2DD283.jpeg

Ok, so the little 1 is the notification, it's just a little wide right. That's because Scott Norwood was helping develop the skin... 

• Haha 2

There's no longer an Edit option next to Quote. You have to click the 3 dot menu and pick Edit.

I have to step away from the computer for a few hours, keep listing issues for me. I'm making a list (and checking it twice). 

• Like 1

Can we increase the total attachment file size limit? Is this the upgrade or have I just uploaded too many memes? Memes are life! :lol:

I use a very old version of Chrome which is often problematic for me, although everything always worked correctly on this site. But after this upgrade, I can no longer reply to posts. When I click the upper right "Reply to this Topic" black box, my cursor moves down (like it should) to the area where I can begin typing. But I cannot actually type anything. I've had this issue with other sites so it's not shocking to me. But it's disappointing because it means I have to use a different, more inconvenient way to access this site.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Can we increase the total attachment file size limit? Is this the upgrade or have I just uploaded too many memes? Memes are life! :lol:

You were at 99% of your allotted attachment space, I raised it for everyone (slightly). We have some storage space, but if the disk gets too full, they (GoDaddy), will make us upgrade.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You were at 99% of your allotted attachment space, I raised it for everyone (slightly). We have some storage space, but if the disk gets too full, they (GoDaddy), will make us upgrade.

I got some deleting to do!

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

However, I do see a few that have earned the "contributor”badge.

The new system of 'ranks' is a little complicated, I have to read up on it. I tried to read up on it about 20 minutes ago and it gave me a headache... so I'll read up on it tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

See the 1 by the 3 lines in the top right corner.   Does not show that in generic mode.

82A8570C-946E-4A63-8726-9D723B2DD283.jpeg

Do you have to scroll horizontally in order to see that notification or is it just there?

The hamburger menu in top right is cut off

I haven’t tried it again but I was unable to post picture from phone camera roll

I have to boost the font size to be able to read, and that messes up the layout of the headings.

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

There's no longer an Edit option next to Quote. You have to click the 3 dot menu and pick Edit.

That works well in my opinion.  It will just take some getting used to. 

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I noticed a sizing issue where I have to scroll to the right to see alerts.

You're talking about on Mobile?

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I'll slide you a $20 to unupdate.

haha yeah, the rank thing is a bit interesting. We have people posting enough useless junk, so incentivizing it probably isn't ideal. Maybe that can be deleted. The old version was great.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I'll slide you a $20 to unupdate.

Unfortunately, the old version wasn't safe from hackers and was no longer being supported by Invision. That aside though, downgrading wouldn't be a simple thing. Once the database has been altered, it's hard to get it to go backwards and work without losing stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The new system of 'ranks' is a little complicated, I have to read up on it. I tried to read up on it about 20 minutes ago and it gave me a headache... so I'll read up on it tomorrow.

I wasn't being serious with that previous comment (I just found it funny for many of us longtimers to be considered n00bs again :lol:) ... I figured this will take time to update everyone's status (and honestly, I feel for you to have to put so much effort into doing so and also am extremely appreciative for all the time/effort to make this possible for all of us).  

Anyway, at least I am a "Rookie" now!  :lol:

On iPhone 13 Pro Max the default resolution of the board goes past my phone’s borders. Pinch does not fix. Just FYI. 

@VaBeach_Eagle

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have to look through all of the settings and familiarize myself with some of the new systems, but as for the reactions, I believe the decision was to disable negative reactions. @Moderator12 can weigh in on that, too. 

Personally, I think negative reactions should be allowed ... those like thumbs down but not any that some might find offensive (middle finger).  My 2 cents.  

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you have to scroll horizontally in order to see that notification or is it just there?

I can see it, have to scroll horizontally a little to click on it