Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

1 hour ago, KINGnabb said:

The Eagles blowing out all 3 teams on the way to their 2nd Super Bowl Championship would be crazy (The 85 Bears did that and people have been comparing this team them).   But the Chiefs offense is way better than both GMen or 49ers.  Again I'm expecting either a close game (3 or 7 points) or Birds take it by 10-14 points.  Chiefs can score at will so we will have to match them point for point.   This is a team that can put up points in their sleep.  Patrick Injury will be the X Factor.   He looked ok in the AFC Championship but he was still moving much slower.    Plus he's had two weeks to heal. But he hasn't seen a pass rush like this all season long.  I'm not concerned about Jalen's shoulder as he's proven in two playoff games, if they have to change to a power running game, they can do that and only pass at a minimal level.   The Chiefs secondary can be exploited so I do want some more passing to AJ, Devonta etc.   But as I said in the season Blog.  If Jalen has 250 Yards, 1 Pass TD and 1 Rush TD but we rush for over 150 combined yards and we win by two scores, I'll be just fine.  

Chiefs secondary is super young. They've been playing pretty well recently. When I watch the eagles on tape, the big concern for me (as a Chiefs fan) is the Chiefs LB's. 

Bolton and Gay are pretty good and generally tackle pretty well, but we've not played a zone read offense this year. The closest thing to the Eagles in the AFC that we have played is probably the Bills to be honest. Big difference between the teams is the Bills do not have the Eagles offensive line. The Eagles really dictate the terms of engagement and that is hell on a LB core. Hurts is an excellent decision maker and very accurate. 

May change my mind as we get closer to the game, but right now my guess is Spags is going to blitz a lot early on any down and distance. Spags will likely be less aggressive later, but he will show blitz early to make it difficult for Hurts to make reads. I expect the corners to force the WR's to the sideline and try to keep everything out of the middle of the field. Chiefs will be open to giving up big plays but try to make everything else hard. 

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Patrick Mahomes led the league in passing yards.

The last QB to lead the league in passing yards and win the SB was ... Nobody! It has never happened.

Six of them got to the SB and all six lost. The last was 500+ Brady in LII.

15 hours ago, vaff said:

This stat scares me.

Same here. Couple that with the fact that it has been eons since the league MVP also won the SB, the Freak Show has a chance to rewrite history. And he is the one player with the capability of giving history the finger.

4 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

Cuz both mixed  ? Lol … he kinda reminds me of sideshow Bob honestly. Dude needs a haircut 

For me how they made the unconventional acceptable as far as half court form jumpers and side arm no look passes and how they can both light up a score board and both (at least when I said it) could pass for high school kids. 

10 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Same here. Couple that with the fact that it has been eons since the league MVP also won the SB, the Freak Show has a chance to rewrite history. And he is the one player with the capability of giving history the finger.

Its because the NFL is not a lean far too heavy on the passing game league.

4 of the 6 passing leaders lost in blowouts including the unstoppable 2013 Broncos and 1984 Marino.

They faced superior teams, just like next week.

Mahomes has not been blown out in a SB since his last SB...

Mahomes is already top 10 all-time for SB picks with 4.  He averages 2 picks per game in every playoff game not played in Arrowhead (both SBs)

He's great. Great QBs lose SBs all the time. Philly beat a better QB 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, boilertiger said:

Chiefs secondary is super young. They've been playing pretty well recently. When I watch the eagles on tape, the big concern for me (as a Chiefs fan) is the Chiefs LB's. 

Bolton and Gay are pretty good and generally tackle pretty well, but we've not played a zone read offense this year. The closest thing to the Eagles in the AFC that we have played is probably the Bills to be honest. Big difference between the teams is the Bills do not have the Eagles offensive line. The Eagles really dictate the terms of engagement and that is hell on a LB core. Hurts is an excellent decision maker and very accurate. 

May change my mind as we get closer to the game, but right now my guess is Spags is going to blitz a lot early on any down and distance. Spags will likely be less aggressive later, but he will show blitz early to make it difficult for Hurts to make reads. I expect the corners to force the WR's to the sideline and try to keep everything out of the middle of the field. Chiefs will be open to giving up big plays but try to make everything else hard. 

Isn't that what the 9ers tried?

Saint Nick weighed in on the Eagles Returning to the Super Bowl 5 Years after his Legendary performance.

superbowl-eagles.gif

"You’ve just got to block out the noise,” Foles told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "Honestly, I only really talked to my wife during the two weeks leading up to it. Most importantly, he’s been leading the guys well, and they respond to him,” Foles said. "You can tell that when he steps on the field there is a huge effect on the game, and that’s what makes a player so valuable. And not only that, he doesn’t have to do it himself. He has great players around him. He’s got a great O-line. He’s got a great D. He’s got a great teamHe’s had an MVP-caliber year,” Foles said.”

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

If Tom Brady and Peyton manning couldn’t win the sb and MVP in the same season, I highly doubted that Flawed KC D with one legged PM would . MVP better go to someone else if KC wants a ring . 

2 hours ago, Momlove said:

I am pretty not sure this is the exchange thread but if anyone is up to secure my 3 superbowl tickets in good seats: [NEGOTIABLE].

Contact: 551two5743two4 or Email: Jredcstores@protonmail.com.

I'll give you $10 total and that's a bargain

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Isn't that what the 9ers tried?

Yeah, There was some success from what i could tell.

I dont think this is some type of blue print to shut down the eagle offense. The Eagles are scoring 30 points in this game regardless. 

Only way kc wins is if they score 35 or more. Every player on the team ha to elevate their level. This cannot just be the Mahomes show as others here have mentioned. 

Some Playoff Stats PPG Offense and Defense:

Chiefs Playoffs:

25 PPG Offense

20 PPG Defense

Eagles Playoffs:

34.5 PPG Offense

7 PPG Defense

Here's a throwback of Jalen and Patrick from back in the day.  

C17cdJEVQAAw3UQ?format=jpg&name=small

24 minutes ago, DBW said:

Eagles by 40!!!

image.png

Love Jalen Hurts' mindset.  Always set on the goal ahead. Just mentally tough as anyone.

Brady and to a lesser degree Eli's longevity were based a lot on that they knew when to get down and avoid a hit. If the line can't protect the quarterback to the point where he can't even drop to the ground before a sack or he doesn't know to, and it's a legal hit, well...

1 hour ago, RebelJedi said:

Love Jalen Hurts' mindset.  Always set on the goal ahead. Just mentally tough as anyone.

Finish the job bro! Don’t let PM win another one then we will never hear the end of the so called the new GOAT lol. Give ‘em some humble pie PHILLIE !

7 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

For me how they made the unconventional acceptable as far as half court form jumpers and side arm no look passes and how they can both light up a score board and both (at least when I said it) could pass for high school kids. 

I honestly dislike both of them . 

11 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

Cuz both mixed  ? Lol … he kinda reminds me of sideshow Bob honestly. Dude needs a haircut 

I don’t think Curry is mixed. Well, his whole family have a similar complexion. 

Mahomes’ father is black and mother is white, tho. And his brother is an idiot.

6 minutes ago, vaff said:

I don’t think Curry is mixed. Well, his whole family have a similar complexion. 

Mahomes’ father is black and mother is white, tho. And his brother is an idiot.

Steph’s dad is Del curry,former NBA player , he was really a good shooter played for the CHA hornets, he is light skin black kinda, his mom Sonya is a white lady but she goes to those tan places . Steph’s family is pretty cool actually, steph is just so damn good I don’t like him . Yes I am a hater . But PMs family his brother and Brittany are just annoying. I feel bad for the Eagles during media day cuz all the spotlight will be on PM and Brittany and so on and somehow mom and dad and his brother . 

GO EAGLES!

49 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Steph’s dad is Del curry,former NBA player , he was really a good shooter played for the CHA hornets, he is light skin black kinda, his mom Sonya is a white lady but she goes to those tan places . Steph’s family is pretty cool actually, steph is just so damn good I don’t like him . Yes I am a hater . But PMs family his brother and Brittany are just annoying. I feel bad for the Eagles during media day cuz all the spotlight will be on PM and Brittany and so on and somehow mom and dad and his brother . 

GO EAGLES!

Yeah, I’m a Raptors fan. Dell played for the Raptors for a bit. There’s video of Steph shooting around at ScotiaBank Arena (then ACC) when he was a kid.

I think his mom is black. Her Wikipedia page makes note of her family’s racist abuse from the KKK when she was a child growing up in Virginia. I also remember Steph’s sister Sydel saying that they are not mixed. 

I found one thing I don't like about this matchup,

The Chiefs are very clutch. They have excellent numbers on 3rd down, 4th down, and red zone conversions.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I found one thing I don't like about this matchup,

The Chiefs are very clutch. They have excellent numbers on 3rd down, 4th down, and red zone conversions.

That’s the Freak Show effect.

Is their red zone defense equally as good?

7 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

GO EAGLES!

I find Mahomes and those damn state farm commercials annoying as all hell. "Jake from state farm " is a knock off from a once amusing commercial but now it's jus overplayed and annoying. 

There's this too, Rodgers wins SB in 2010, starts doing state farm commercials, 0 rings since.

Mahomes wins SB in 2019, starts doing state farm commercials, 0 rings since.

Chris Paul skipped straight to step 2 😂😂

Game is in state farm arena so to me that'd be like winning 2 SBs lmao

Saw the SB rerun of TB vs KC on NFL Network, which TB won.  Suh gave Mahommes a hard time in that game.  If he repeats the same performance in the upcoming SB game, we should be in good shape.  Suh is not the most dangerous weapon we have on DL, other will bring more heat to the KC offense.

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

Saw the SB rerun of TB vs KC on NFL Network, which TB won.  Suh gave Mahommes a hard time in that game.  If he repeats the same performance in the upcoming SB game, we should be in good shape.  Suh is not the most dangerous weapon we have on DL, other will bring more heat to the KC offense.

I'm sure Suh wouldn't mind renewing acquaintances...that is if the starters leave any leftovers 

Archived