Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Wait you felt the birds would win SB 52 but are grateful that you don’t feel that way now? 

Yeah, but pay attention. I will enjoy this one much more than before, win or lose

So Chiefs fan here from a little west of Kansas City. I have joined the message board of the opposition in our last three SB visits starting with the niners. I also have interacted on the Bills forum the last few years since we have been competing and enjoy both giving insights on our team and hearing the other side so to speak. I enjoy the opposition’s opinion more than my comrades on Chiefs planet. They are a bunch of crude dipshits that don’t represent most of us.  First off I would like to congratulate you guys on an awesome season, you certainly have a great team and nobody should try to take anything away from you. After reading through this thread I do have a few observations:

1. I find it funny Broncos fan is on here trying to buddy up with you guys after a total swing and a miss after allowing us to beat them 15 straight. Now they gave up more draft picks to hire an overrated coach to try and fix Wilson. Here’s a hint, you don’t use gasoline to put out a dumpster fire.

2. We don’t want niners fan rooting for us. Talk about arrogant whiners. I was a little disappointed they didn’t win as we thumped them 44-23 earlier in the year and it really wasn’t that close.

3. I see a lot of people talking about the discrepancy of our scores vs your scopes in the playoff games this year. We played an up and coming QB in Lawrence, and a top five in Burrow. Those games either wore us out or made us stronger. The eagles played a team with no QB and one with A weak one. Mahomes is a freak and is on a mission.

4. I wouldn’t read to much into our last loss in the Super Bowl. Pat gets the ball out quickly and spreads it around. It is not uncommon for him to have receptions to eight different receivers. Not to mention three of our linemen were out in that gave, and we had multiple early drops. Much of his yardage is YAC, that will frustrate and wear out a defense. At that time he held the ball a long time looking for the home run. Losing hill made him a QB. He now realizes singles and doubles win more games.

5. Spags is going to design something to mitigate the run and blitz often, knowing we will give up some big plays but hoping he can limit them. This game will go as Hurts goes throwing the ball. I guess we will know Sunday night. Really I have no clue. 

I think this will be a good one. I think those of you thinking we will be blown out will be disappointed. I look for something in the 31-28 range and have no idea who will fall where. 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:31 AM, Portyansky said:

Definitely. But I think we will be a run heavy offense again. T.O.P. to keep Mahomes off the field. Get their D tired. If Mahomes will still be gimpy, or dline should feast. But 2 more weeks is huge for that injury.

Thanks, wasn't sure what the "advantage" was.

I'm seeing a huge play hurts to aj.   Its over due 

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

So Chiefs fan here from a little west of Kansas City. Blah blah ramble blah some more

Fyp. 

FOH. 

There's only ONE CARPTOM HERE. 

CARPTOMF 

So Chiefs fan here from a little west of Kansas City. I have joined the message board of the opposition in our last three SB visits starting with the niners. I also have interacted on the Bills forum the last few years since we have been competing and enjoy both giving insights on our team and hearing the other side so to speak. I enjoy the opposition’s opinion more than my comrades on Chiefs planet. They are a bunch of crude dipshits that don’t represent most of us.  First off I would like to congratulate you guys on an awesome season, you certainly have a great team and nobody should try to take anything away from you. After reading through this thread I do have a few observations:

1. I find it funny Broncos fan is on here trying to buddy up with you guys after a total swing and a miss after allowing us to beat them 15 straight. Now they gave up more draft picks to hire an overrated coach to try and fix Wilson. Here’s a hint, you don’t use gasoline to put out a dumpster fire.

I am not a Denver fan dude . 

2 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Welcome to the board. We used to be the official Eagles message board, but the Eagles decided that they didn't want to pay for a message board anymore (after more than 20 years). So, we banded together and went off on our own, though if you'd ever visited the EMB before the split, you'd never really know the difference. Same look, same members and same software. 

Stick around after the Super Bowl, win or lose, and bring some Chief's talk to gamedays (and draft day and any other random day). 

2 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

The eagles played a team with no QB and one with A weak one.

There may be some question as to which team had 'no QB' and which had the weak one lol. 

The Jags were a 9-8 team who beat the fraud Chargers who have 1 win all year vs a winning team (Dolphins). The Chargers coach is a fool and they had a ton of injuries, I'm not saying they don't have good players like Herbert and Ekler. The Chargers were tied with the Rams for 30th in Strength of Victory (only the Titans were worse) http://www.nflgsis.com/standings.aspx

The Bengals showed up to the playoffs without an O-line. They only survived the Ravens because Huntley tried to reach the ball over the goal line from the 2 yard line. They did beat the Bills but the Bills wheels came off in the last month or so  (Von Miller injured, lots of safeties injured, various other players injured and weird Josh Allen extreme hero ball to compensate) The Bills gave up 31 to Skylar Thompson the week before the Bengals pounded them. I live in Houston and I am here to tell you that former Texan Max Scharping is not a top 250 O-lineman and he had to start vs KC. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-issues-sink-super-bowl-chances-against-kansas-city-chiefs

KC has not really been tested on either line of scrimmage in the playoffs and still barely won both games. The Eagles would have likely killed Jacksonville and Cincy by 24+ as well. (in their playoff conditions) The Jags and Bengals had 65 sacks this year. Not each, together. The Eagles had 70 by themselves before 8 more in 2 playoff games.

10 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

You missed out, that game had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  The Last thing I was expecting was a point for point shootout.  I'll never forget when we went up 38-33 and Brady was driving. My brother was sitting next me like "Oh no."  I was like "We need a Pick, a Stop, Something".   Then Boom, Brandon got him we were literally screaming like girls when brady was just sitting there on the ground pissed, lol.  I still was nervous because Brady ran out of time and still actually threw a pretty good hail Mary pass.  Also them running out to "Dreams and Nightmares" was Classic. 

tom-brady-defeated.gif

brandon-graham-strip-sack.gif

Possibly the greatest Super Bowl of all time, with Nick's being the greatest qb performance of all time in a Super Bowl. 

I may be biased though 😉 😃.

6 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

I am not a Denver fan dude . 

He’s not talking about you. We have another new member by the name of @Broncos72 .

8 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

2. We don’t want niners fan rooting for us. Talk about arrogant whiners. I was a little disappointed they didn’t win as we thumped them 44-23 earlier in the year and it really wasn’t that close.

3. I see a lot of people talking about the discrepancy of our scores vs your scopes in the playoff games this year. We played an up and coming QB in Lawrence, and a top five in Burrow. Those games either wore us out or made us stronger. The eagles played a team with no QB and one with A weak one. Mahomes is a freak and is on a mission.

4. I wouldn’t read to much into our last loss in the Super Bowl. Pat gets the ball out quickly and spreads it around. It is not uncommon for him to have receptions to eight different receivers. Not to mention three of our linemen were out in that gave, and we had multiple early drops. Much of his yardage is YAC, that will frustrate and wear out a defense. At that time he held the ball a long time looking for the home run. Losing hill made him a QB. He now realizes singles and doubles win more games.

5. Spags is going to design something to mitigate the run and blitz often, knowing we will give up some big plays but hoping he can limit them. This game will go as Hurts goes throwing the ball. I guess we will know Sunday night. Really I have no clue. 

I think this will be a good one. I think those of you thinking we will be blown out will be disappointed. I look for something in the 31-28 range and have no idea who will fall where. 

Funny a Chiefs fan is here mocking me for joining and saying I'm buddying up with Eagles fans, yet, you're here doing the same thing and trying to get on good terms with Eagles fans by being a "respectable and reasonable" KC fan. Hypocrite.

Yeah, the Chiefs have won 15 in row...good for you. Still want you to lose the Super Bowl....just like I'm sure you want Denver to lose each time they make it. Not unusual for someone not wanting their division rival to lose in the Super Bowl.

And by the way, I have been living in the Philly area for years now and have some family and friends who are Eagles fans, which is also why I joined. I joined to talk football year round, not just about the Super Bowl. Maybe if you read my posts you'd know that. Educate yourself on why I'm here. 

As for the trade for Payton, we'll see how it works out. I'm not making any assumptions. 

I'd say good luck next Sunday...but, nah. 

2 hours ago, Broncos72 said:

Funny a Chiefs fan is here mocking me for joining and saying I'm buddying up with Eagles fans, yet, you're here doing the same thing and trying to get on good terms with Eagles fans by being a "respectable and reasonable" KC fan. Hypocrite.

Yeah, the Chiefs have won 15 in row...good for you. Still want you to lose the Super Bowl....just like I'm sure you want Denver to lose each time they make it. Not unusual for someone not wanting their division rival to lose in the Super Bowl.

And by the way, I have been living in the Philly area for years now and have some family and friends who are Eagles fans, which is also why I joined. I joined to talk football year round, not just about the Super Bowl. Maybe if you read my posts you'd know that. Educate yourself on why I'm here. 

As for the trade for Payton, we'll see how it works out. I'm not making any assumptions. 

I like this new guy!! You have eagles fan spirit!

10 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Don't underestimate the defensive component of this game.  Enormous respect for Spags, but from a personnel perspective we clearly have the edge on that side of the ball.  Offensively, if we can establish the run, sustain long drives and keep KC's offense on the field as little as possible we will only need a couple of defensive stops to keep this thing close.  

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.  

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Jags were a 9-8 team who beat the fraud Chargers who have 1 win all year vs a winning team (Dolphins). The Chargers coach is a fool and they had a ton of injuries, I'm not saying they don't have good players like Herbert and Ekler. The Chargers were tied with the Rams for 30th in Strength of Victory (only the Titans were worse) http://www.nflgsis.com/standings.aspx

The Bengals showed up to the playoffs without an O-line. They only survived the Ravens because Huntley tried to reach the ball over the goal line from the 2 yard line. They did beat the Bills but the Bills wheels came off in the last month or so  (Von Miller injured, lots of safeties injured, various other players injured and weird Josh Allen extreme hero ball to compensate) The Bills gave up 31 to Skylar Thompson the week before the Bengals pounded them. I live in Houston and I am here to tell you that former Texan Max Scharping is not a top 250 O-lineman and he had to start vs KC. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-issues-sink-super-bowl-chances-against-kansas-city-chiefs

KC has not really been tested on either line of scrimmage in the playoffs and still barely won both games. The Eagles would have likely killed Jacksonville and Cincy by 24+ as well. (in their playoff conditions) The Jags and Bengals had 65 sacks this year. Not each, together. The Eagles had 70 by themselves before 8 more in 2 playoff games.

Two narratives I hate as a Chiefs fan:

1) Eagles aren't that good because they have played a terrible SoS and terrible QB’s. This is bogus. Every team in the NFL is good. Chiefs lost to the Colts and almost lost to the Texans - the two worst teams in the league. Eagles hammered everyone.

2) This is Great Roster vs Great QB - This is also WAY overblown. Hurts is a great QB and the Chiefs have a great roster. Hurts has grown tremendously and is extremely intelligent. The Chiefs roster had several holes last year, not anymore. This is the deepest roster of the Mahomes era. 

21 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

Don't underestimate the defensive component of this game.  Enormous respect for Spags, but from a personnel perspective we clearly have the edge on that side of the ball.  Offensively, if we can establish the run, sustain long drives and keep KC's offense on the field as little as possible we will only need a couple of defensive stops to keep this thing close.  

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.  

I don’t underestimate it. Like I said this game will hinge on how well we can slow down the run. You guys run for 150+ we are probably going to lose

2 hours ago, Broncos72 said:

It’s all good you’re right I wouldn’t pull for you either. I did love Elway when he was playing as he was fun to watch. Something happened once you guys won a couple Super Bowls. Many fans started to get a little ****. I think that is happening here some to LOL. The bandwagon fans are the worst. I was surprised Payton took the job. With mahomes and Herbert in the same division his ego must be bigger than I thought.

15 hours ago, Thrive said:

To be clear, being creative is a bit redundant when you can just physically over power folks. The Chiefs are a veteran side so I expect them to do what the Bears tried to do and make running the football a very difficult enterprise. This game is on Jalen Hurts’ arm to win (and he’ll need to as I expect Reid to emphatically out-scheme Gannon)

Yup. This game will likely be on Hurts even if the Run game is going. The eagles are the more talented team. What I am worried about is our  OC/DC  who implement some of the most basic schemes in the NFL.   Eagles can't go into this game predictable on both sides of the ball and hopefully they have been saving stuff for this moment..

I expect alot of screens from the chiefs. Hopefully the Eagles are prepared for them. 

The Eagles are terrible and overrated. This will be a walk in the park for KC. In fact, I suggest staying out all night and partying 'til sunrise for the Chiefs starters 😆

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like this new guy!! You have eagles fan spirit!

I get that a lot from the Eagles fans I know. 

While most Broncos fans are dedicated and passionate, I do admit I have a vicious nature in my fanhood that most of those I know in Broncos Country don't. 

It may be why I connected rather easily with Eagles fans. And I mean that as a compliment.

It’s all good you’re right I wouldn’t pull for you either. I did love Elway when he was playing as he was fun to watch. Something happened once you guys won a couple Super Bowls. Many fans started to get a little ****. I think that is happening here some to LOL. The bandwagon fans are the worst. I was surprised Payton took the job. With mahomes and Herbert in the same division his ego must be bigger than I thought.

Hey, if you're good, I'm good. Just wanted to clear the air.

While I don't like KC, it doesn't mean I don't respect how good they are and have been the last few years.

6 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

I get that a lot from the Eagles fans I know. 

While most Broncos fans are dedicated and passionate, I do admit I have a vicious nature in my fanhood that most of those I know in Broncos Country don't. 

It may be why I connected rather easily with Eagles fans. And I mean that as a compliment.

Hey bronco guy ! I have a question. Is it true Peyton manning folded that sb vs Sea because Pete Carroll  paid him off ? I mean 43-8 for the best offensive juggernaut of a team like Denver ? That game was over since the first min ! 

2 hours ago, boilertiger said:

Two narratives I hate as a Chiefs fan:

2) This is Great Roster vs Great QB - This is also WAY overblown. Hurts is a great QB and the Chiefs have a great roster. Hurts has grown tremendously and is extremely intelligent. The Chiefs roster had several holes last year, not anymore. This is the deepest roster of the Mahomes era. 

You think chiefs roster is better than PHI ? It’s a joke right ? 

51 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Hey bronco guy ! I have a question. Is it true Peyton manning folded that sb vs Sea because Pete Carroll  paid him off ? I mean 43-8 for the best offensive juggernaut of a team like Denver ? That game was over since the first min ! 

No. Seattle just dominated. They were the more physical team, which is who usually wins in the playoffs.

In Super Bowl 50, Denver was the more physical team, which is why they held Cam Newton in check and won with a washed up Manning. 

And there is no way Peyton Manning would accept a bribe or ever throw a game, especially a Super Bowl. He, along with the offense, were just outmatched.

Archived