Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

23 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Can you guys say anything else besides Mahomes and Kelce ? 

It’s definitely not the same offense ! Your previous offense were much better . Mahomes never holds on to the ball it’s always quick release . 

Ok I take it you have watched the Chiefs before. If you go through the stats our total yards is up by 400 this year with yards per play up slightly. Points per game are up a full point. YAC is up to nearly 2600. Gone are the highlight hill plays. Hardly seems worse to me.

1 minute ago, Carptom1 said:

Ok I take it you have watched the Chiefs before. If you go through the stats our total yards is up by 400 this year with yards per play up slightly. Points per game are up a full point. YAC is up to nearly 2600. Gone are the highlight hill plays. Hardly seems worse to me.

I’ll give you all the props in the world I respect the hell outta your weapons. By no means I am counting out the chiefs, Patrick Mahomes is a special player . I just wanna see Brittany and Jackson eat some humble pies, nothing personal. Those 2 are really irritating.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

we're better or at worst even (Special Teams) than every position on the field.

I've been thinking about special teams, the Eagles punt returner and kickoff returner should no doubt be Boston Scott, he's been doing a damn good job there and if he can continue in the SB that would greatly increase their change of winning.  If they don't put him back there then heads should roll.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Andy is 1 for 9 in final 4s. Mahomes is 1 for 4. They are not special when it comes to SBs. 1-2 and 1-1. Its delusion to think they are.

The Eagles are better at every position group besides TE and QB and QB is about even (if you understand how Hurts kills in the run game)

Even at TE Goedert can go for 120 and a TD if needed.

Spags is a jag. He was so key to 2007 that they did it again in 2011 with Perry Fewell.

Spags was humiliated in his last SB and they had no backup O-line on D.

FWIW the line that looks like the 2007 playoff Giants is on the Eagles in this one.

What makes the Mahomes - Reid combo so dominant is getting the byes / home field. They are 10-1 at Arrowhead.

They are 1-1 in SBs and this Eagles team is the best they have faced in a SB.

Well you’re obviously scared digging that deep, I got one that will keep you up…

reid 27-4 after a week off…oops 

that’s more relevant than the cherry picked stats you chose and the highest significance by amount of games

also, to even think sirianni is half the coach Reid is, laughable.

Didn't realize this was the game week chatter box.

Paths................there are paths to win for both teams -but the Eagles have the cleaner road IF the health of their offense improves.  Eagle fans are of the opinion they can win by running -and perhaps they can - but Eagles fans should know by now They have no interest in doing so for the first 30 minutes..................

They are occasionally their own worst enemies.

How long does  Lane Johnson last? How long with Chris Jones lined up outside?

If Hurts' shoulder does not have the range of motion to throw like he did earlier in the season Philly is in trouble.

What is the game plan for Brown, who is nursing an injury?  What is the game plan for Pacheco -who is not?????

We know  14 years of Andy.  No mysteries here.  Coverage seems simple, but with those 2 it never is.

My two tells.  (The outcome of all games are decided by the matchups and the circumstances):

1).  The DEFENSE that does the best job of creating turnovers and limiting opportunities wins.

2).  For Philly, TOP ------> and doing good things with it, would be their best chance.  Watch Gainwell all-around.  Must score in 2nd half or they can get caught. 

18 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

I’ll give you all the props in the world I respect the hell outta your weapons. By no means I am counting out the chiefs, Patrick Mahomes is a special player . I just wanna see Brittany and Jackson eat some humble pies, nothing personal. Those 2 are really irritating.

They are irritating to us too. I wish they would crawl in a whole. It’s really unfortunate because he is a genuine nice guy that rarely talks smack. It has made it hard for people to like him. 

18 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

Well you’re obviously scared digging that deep, I got one that will keep you up…

that’s more relevant than the cherry picked stats you chose and the highest significance by amount of games

It’s been two weeks. Oops. 

15 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Your comment of mahomes and hurt’s being on the same level is laughable. For one game perhaps he is, over the course of time at this point he is not. You can’t compare mahomes history on one hand then want to omit it for the other. We will find out Sunday which is the case. 

Btw this offense is not like the one we took to both Super Bowls. It is quicker, and a balanced passing attack. No more holding the ball waiting for hill to get open. Quick passing to multiple receivers. Our YAC is half his passing totals. 

Its because you are taking a simplistic view. Passing game is all that counts. The Eagles run for 77 a game without Hurts and 175 a game when he plays. This has more value than some extra passing stats. Their passer ratings were 105.2 to 101.2. Mahomes did not even lead the league in passer rating or ANY/A. He did lead in ESPNs pretend QB stat, wow! What you praise about him (MVP and passing yards) does not translate to the SB.

Love the Hurts is not proven yet angle.

• Mahomes won his SB in year 3 and start 36.
  • Brady won his first SB in year 2 and start 18
  • Wilson won in year 2 and start 37.
  • Montana was year 3 and start 27.
  • Big Ben was year 2 and start 31
  • Foles was an older player (year 6) but it was start 43.
  • Warner 2 years and 19 starts.
  • McMahon year 4 and start 43
  • Hurts is in year 3 and on start 36.

Yeah, but they all had SB teams with dominant lines and great skill players and DBs! Oh wait, so do these Eagles!

Hurts is 16-1 this year and 21-3 in his last 24 but Mahomes has special powers over him? Good stuff.

Some of the greatest passers in NFL History were Marino, Favre, Manning, Rodgers, and Mahomes. (lots of MVP awards there)

They are 5-5 in Super Bowls. Talk about dominance! 

Even the GoaT has lost 3 times in 10 (ask Brandon Graham)

20 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

You are trolling on another team's message board. I'd say you are feeling a bit insecure.

We feel great here.

13 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Didn't realize this was the game week chatter box.

Paths................there are paths to win for both teams -but the Eagles have the cleaner road IF the health of their offense improves.  Eagle fans are of the opinion they can win by running -and perhaps they can - but Eagles fans should know by now They have no interest in doing so for the first 30 minutes..................

They are occasionally their own worst enemies.

How long does  Lane Johnson last? How long with Chris Jones lined up outside?

If Hurts' shoulder does not have the range of motion to throw like he did earlier in the season Philly is in trouble.

What is the game plan for Brown, who is nursing an injury?  What is the game plan for Pacheco -who is not?????

We know  14 years of Andy.  No mysteries here.  Coverage seems simple, but with those 2 it never is.

My two tells.  (The outcome of all games are decided by the matchups and the circumstances):

1).  The DEFENSE that does the best job of creating turnovers and limiting opportunities wins.

2).  For Philly, TOP ------> and doing good things with it, would be their best chance.  Watch Gainwell all-around.  Must score in 2nd half or they can get caught. 

And that’s all we need to say about that. I would agree with all of the above 

So I went back to watch the Chiefs vs 49ers game earlier this year, since I think that is the best reference you can find for what Chiefs vs Eagles would be like.

What I saw was a horrid Chiefs run defense with bad tackling and huge holes to run thru all game. But what was baffling was the 49ers never stuck with the run. They became predictable, and threw more than they had to and didn't have confidence in the run game, even though it was working well. As a result you got that killer Garoppolo INT at the goal line and too many 3 and outs. They also settled for FGs instead of TDs (again as a result of not running the ball). Overall I think this was one of the worst called games by Shanahan on offense that I've seen. Maybe he wanted to get into a shootout?

And on the other side, Mahomes was his usual self, he wasn't perfect, but the 49ers gave him way too many clean pockets. Bosa for some reason wasn't effective at all that game, maybe he was injured? Even with that though, I think the 49ers could have won that game if they stuck with the run. 

Anyway, I think the 49ers we faced last week would have beaten the Chiefs. That 9ers team learned to be more confidence in their running game, ie they wouldn't be afraid to run on 3rd down, because they know they would go for it on 4th down. You need that mentality if you want to beat the Chiefs. You want long TD drives to keep the ball out of Mahome's hands. 

Feel very confident. We are better almost everywhere. If we don’t win it will no doubt be considered an upset. Period. Everyone knows it. Even the trolls. That’s why they are here. They are terrified. See you Sunday. 

44 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

And he has a losing record when a  opposing team has a week off coinciding with their week off.

Listening to sports radio I'm LA a d apparently the under on passing yards is 290yrds and eagles d hasnt given up even 250 all season 

Andy coached 3 SBs

• He gets an F for the first one. Belichick was yelling at his coaches "What are they doing?" on the clock killer drive when down 10 late.
  • He gets a B- for the 2nd one. Jimmy G had a wide open Sanders that changes that game if its on target. Bad coverage is not good coaching.
  • He gets an F for the last one. His team was annihilated on both sides of the ball.
    • Obvious excuses on O and none on D

We know Andy better than Chiefs fans do. He is a HoF coach and the QB guru but game day / adjustments / bright lights are not his specialty.

There is every advantage to having AR for a season or a franchise. There is zero advantage in a Super Bowl.

Mahomes almost never gets blown out outside of the SB.

He has a 50% blowout loss rate in the SB.

You can give me all the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders games stats you want.

13 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Andy coached 3 SBs

• He gets an F for the first one. Belichick was yelling at his coaches "What are they doing?" on the clock killer drive when down 10 late.
  • He gets a B- for the 2nd one. Jimmy G had a wide open Sanders that changes that game if its on target. Bad coverage is not good coaching.
  • He gets an F for the last one. His team was annihilated on both sides of the ball.
    • Obvious excuses on O and none on D

We know Andy better than Chiefs fans do. He is a HoF coach and the QB guru but game day / adjustments / bright lights are not his specialty.

There is every advantage to having AR for a season or a franchise. There is zero advantage in a Super Bowl.

How do you figure this? He’s been in KC for a decade now. 

Just saw an interview with Reno... he said he's betting on the Eagles but rooting for Andy.  My 10 Mahe Jerseys will be on fire momentarily... :nonono:

4 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

It only took Reid 20 years to win a Super Bowl... 

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I've been thinking about special teams, the Eagles punt returner and kickoff returner should no doubt be Boston Scott, he's been doing a damn good job there and if he can continue in the SB that would greatly increase their change of winning.  If they don't put him back there then heads should roll.

Kickoff for sure. Punt returns I don't think it matters. We suck at blocking the gunners.

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

We know Andy better than Chiefs fans do. 

Lol… for that matter. The Chiefs know Siranni better than the Eagles. Four years in kc vs two in Philadelphia. 

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Mahomes almost never gets blown out outside of the SB.

He has a 50% blowout loss rate in the SB.

You can give me all the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders games stats you want.

Here’s another pointless stat from previous teams that has absolutely zero relevance right now.

Mahomes is 10-1 vs QB’s not named Tom Brady in the playoffs. 

Jalen Hurts is 2-0 when not facing Dracula Tom.

Archived