Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

6 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

Some people are giving AR way too much credit on here .

AMAZING OFFENSIVE MINDED matchup coach (maybe best ever?) but an average game day coach.  I don't even have to look it up I KNOW Andy is no better on challenges and time usage than he was with the Eagles. I know it in my heart lol.

Sirianni seldom craps the bed. Not never, but seldom.    

18 minutes ago, jamiller said:

AMAZING OFFENSIVE MINDED matchup coach (maybe best ever?) but an average game day coach.  I don't even have to look it up I KNOW Andy is no better on challenges and time usage than he was with the Eagles. I know it in my heart lol.

So far Siriani has outcoached two potential coach of the year candidates. Can he make it 3 for 3?

19 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Mahomes helps him solve the game day issue. So basically it boils down to a schematic battle between Reid and Gannon. Think we know who wins that battle.

13 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Mahomes helps him solve the game day issue. So basically it boils down to a schematic battle between Reid and Gannon. Think we know who wins that battle.

Agreed. Believe me when I tell you his first 5-6 years here the timeout usage and game management was maddening to the point many of us felt it was just a continuation of the issues he had with the Eagles. About 4 years ago it started getting better and in the last couple it seems to have become very infrequent. I do think it is a product of a QB that now understands the offense as well as he does. Mahomes is incredibly smart and always feels he can win regardless of the situation. I feel it has calmed Reid’s nerves a bit. Finally winning a Super Bowl didn’t hurt.

54 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

So far Siriani has outcoached two potential coach of the year candidates. Can he make it 3 for 3?

And let's be frank here. Not outcoached.  Outcoached the F out of them.  Like blew their doors off.  Now we get a little cheated because we broke all their QBs in the last game.  But even that was BAD COACHING on their part. 

If we stick to the run instead of trying to outsmart ourselves, Sirianni will look like a damn genius.  What is Reid going to do?  We have more facets than they do. F Reid lol.  @Thrive  

Everyone thinks that KC is somehow going to magically score 30+.  Why?  How?  SHOW ME HOW.  They have been average in the playoffs. SHOW ME HOW.    The number one pass D and the sack leader (by DOUBLE the amount of sacks they have faced from any other team in the Playoffs) is somehow MAGICALLY going to be out schemed? What are they going to do?  RUN AT US?  GTFOH with that noise.

30 minutes ago, jamiller said:

And let's be frank here. Not outcoached.  Outcoached the F out of them.  Like blew their doors off.  Now we get a little cheated because we broke all their QBs in the last game.  But even that was BAD COACHING on their part. 

If we stick to the run instead of trying to outsmart ourselves, Sirianni will look like a damn genius.  What is Reid going to do?  We have more facets than they do. F Reid lol.  @Thrive  

Everyone thinks that KC is somehow going to magically score 30+.  Why?  How?  SHOW ME HOW.  They have been average in the playoffs. SHOW ME HOW.    The number one pass D and the sack leader (by DOUBLE the amount of sacks they have faced from any other team in the Playoffs) is somehow MAGICALLY going to be out schemed? What are they going to do?  RUN AT US?  GTFOH with that noise.

Mahomes dropping 30+ points on us isn’t all that crazy a take, considering, well he’s Mahomes (nor would it be the first time he’s done so to a top 3 defense all season and nor would it be the first time a QB has dropped 30+ points on us this very season). Also, didn’t the Chiefs average close to 30ppg this season? 

Oh and lest we forget, Sirianni isn’t coaching against Reid; unfortunately Gannon is.

4 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Mahomes dropping 30+ points on us isn’t all that crazy a take, considering, well he’s Mahomes (nor would it be the first time he’s done so to a top 3 defense all season and nor would it be the first time a QB has dropped 30+ points on us this very season). Also, didn’t the Chiefs average close to 30ppg this season? 

Oh and lest we forget, Sirianni isn’t coaching against Reid; unfortunately Gannon is.

Agreed. Mahomes dropping 30+ not crazy.  But he is not as mobile as usual.  And they couldn't do it against Cincy.  And he looked AVERAGE right?  Average.  And the Cincy D is good. Ours is WAY better.  Sacks?  NOT CLOSE. Not even half again.  Pass D. Good but not close.  Cincy TOP compared to the Eagles IF WE PLAY OUR GAME?  Not close.

Gannon has called mostly good games.  No truly bad games but a couple of crappy sequences sure.  And I think we all agree the zone is for s***. But he has been playing man and it has worked.   

I think Andy will have to throw lots of screens.  Last year's Eagles team, we would have trouble. This year?  Go ahead and try. We will keep that s*** in front and force the long drives and the INEVITABLE SB INT from Mahomes.  Every SB. EVERY DAMN ONE.  His line is best it has been this year but still, our D is other-worldly on pressure AND coverage.  And Andy can be counted on to abandon the run.  Book it.  he will screen him but he ain't going to run at us. NO F WAY. NONE.  LOL.

Honestly, I truly don't see how KC wins unless the Eagles beat themselves.

--

If I told you that you get to choose either the number one pass O versus the number one pass D and a very strong D against the run coupled with a brutal running game, would you NOT take the D team 9 out of 10 times to win?  It is basic football.  Control the LOS on both sides.  Run, stretch TOP, stop the run, D up and force short plays.  Give me that every time.  And that is WITHOUT Hurts throwing to AJ and Devonta.  Man, I feel this game in my bones.  

15 hours ago, Thrive said:

Man, the confidence is palpable with you too. All I have to say is Reid v Gannon.

Gannon has already beaten every so called coach better than him. Doug P beat Belicheat. The Eagles I’d say are way more likely to make in game adjustments than Reid will also. The Eagles are the better team unlike when they beat the Patriots. Still this won’t be an easy task. The Chiefs are here for a reason. Mahomes is next level special for certain. 

Was watching some youtube clips about the turf at the state farm stadium. Very clever stuff, had no idea it was real grass grown outside and slid in for gameday.

14 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Mahomes and Kelce. That's it, we're better or at worst even (Special Teams) than every position on the field. But that's just on paper still gotta play the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. If we can establish our run game and end drives in TDs, win the t.o.p. we will win this game.

I feel like the Eagles will be able to offensively move the ball on the Chiefs via run or pass. I don’t see the Chiefs running on the Eagles. Kelce against our LBs and Safeties is a concern for sure. This game will come down to turnovers. Who will keep the ball and who won’t. Is AR foolish enough to play Reddick one on one with a TE too? Probably won’t be a lot of punts in this game. 

5 hours ago, Thrive said:

But how bad has Gannon’s defense really been this year? I mean you’re making it seem like Gannon has been overwhelmed this year and he hasn’t. Everyone was talking about how great Purdy was, but even before the injury he looked average in the game. How about the Giants and Jones? He was supposed to have turned the corner. Pundits were saying the Giants are in a better position than the Eagles because of him. He looked like trash out there. Cooper Rush was the greatest thing since sliced bread and then he faced the Eagles and suddenly he’s just a backup. Mahomes is the biggest test. All the great offensive minds (Gannon has made the great mind of Dabol look pedestrian) who the Eagles went against have fallen. Seriously where are these moments when Gannon’s defense got owned that you’re so afraid of especially when they were at full strength?

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel like the Eagles will be able to offensively move the ball on the Chiefs via run or pass. I don’t see the Chiefs running on the Eagles. Kelce against our LBs and Safeties is a concern for sure. This game will come down to turnovers. Who will keep the ball and who won’t. Is AR foolish enough to play Reddick one on one with a TE too? Probably won’t be a lot of punts in this game. 

I feel as though everytime a game is slated as a barn burner offensive shootout it's the exact opposite lol. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I feel as though everytime a game is slated as a barn burner offensive shootout it's the exact opposite lol. 

I’ve thought the last two games would be close and the Eagles just blew the doors off those teams. So I think this is going to be close. 😂

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve thought the last two games would be close and the Eagles just blew the doors off those teams. So I think this is going to be close. 😂

It would be fitting for Reid to get blown out by his old team by running the ball down his throat lol. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It would be fitting for Reid to get blown out by his old team by running the ball down his throat lol. 

Poetic justice 

Not to mention a team that actually atoned for sins at the wr position 

3 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

Both teams are good ! Eagles are BETTER 

People are completely overreacting to fans saying or believing this. Both statements can be true.

Lol @ Knicks fans chanting "Eagles Suck" when they were beating the sixers last night. 

14 hours ago, Thrive said:

Mahomes helps him solve the game day issue. 

I agree with this to an extent. All of the clock management issues have gone away with Mahomes. The first several years were an adventure with Alex Smith and his reputation in Philadelphia is well known. 

An elite QB like Mahomes kinda ends clock mgmt problems for almost any coach. 

That being said, Reid tends to be more conservative than he should be in many game situations. The only time his clock mgmt is an issue now is when the Chiefs have a lead and the team doesn't kill the clock well. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

But how bad has Gannon’s defense really been this year? I mean you’re making it seem like Gannon has been overwhelmed this year and he hasn’t. Everyone was talking about how great Purdy was, but even before the injury he looked average in the game. How about the Giants and Jones? He was supposed to have turned the corner. Pundits were saying the Giants are in a better position than the Eagles because of him. He looked like trash out there. Cooper Rush was the greatest thing since sliced bread and then he faced the Eagles and suddenly he’s just a backup. Mahomes is the biggest test. All the great offensive minds (Gannon has made the great mind of Dabol look pedestrian) who the Eagles went against have fallen. Seriously where are these moments when Gannon’s defense got owned that you’re so afraid of especially when they were at full strength?

I am really interested to see how Gannon approaches this game. When this Chiefs team has lost over the past 4 years (since Spags arrived) it's been because the offense has stalled out. This game could be the exception to that rule but it's something to be aware of.

If you go back and watch the Bucs superbowl or the second half of the AFC championship game last year vs. the Bengals you will see that the offense completely self destruct. Part of the issues was the offensive line in the superbowl, but the other part was Todd Bowles just got Mahomes. In the AFC title game, Lou Anarumo got Mahomes. Chiefs were expecting the Bucs to be aggressive and bring 5+ guys every time and play press man. They dropped 8 and Mahomes was constantly hunting the homerun ball. Against the Bengals last year, they dropped 8 in the second half and it broke Mahomes brain again. 

IMO, if Gannon really wants to break the Chiefs, he will play press man (Chiefs WR aren't great anymore) and double or triple Kelce. I know he doesn't like to play man that much, but this version of the Chiefs doesn't handle it well and a tendency breaker by Gannon at this point in the season could be tough for a beat up Chiefs offense to react to. Ultimately, I firmly believe that the Eagles coverage unit (not the defensive front) is the biggest story. It always is versus Mahomes.  

If Gannon doesn't self scout his tendencies before this game, Mahomes will light the Eagles defense on fire. 

Archived