Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

10 hours ago, vaff said:

Yeah, I’m a Raptors fan. Dell played for the Raptors for a bit. There’s video of Steph shooting around at ScotiaBank Arena (then ACC) when he was a kid.

I think his mom is black. Her Wikipedia page makes note of her family’s racist abuse from the KKK when she was a child growing up in Virginia. I also remember Steph’s sister Sydel saying that they are not mixed. 

If you saw Seth & Steph you would never think they are brothers lol. I think Seth plays in Portland now, not sure .

35 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

If you saw Seth & Steph you would never think they are brothers lol. I think Seth plays in Portland now, not sure .

Brooklyn Nets. Part of the Ben Simmons trade

8 hours ago, Thrive said:

That’s the Freak Show effect.

Is their red zone defense equally as good?

Their Red zone D is terrible at 67.3%, only Indy was worse at 67.9%

Both D's are middle of the pack on 3rd down conversions and both Ds are in the 20s on 4th down conversions. KC is slightly better in both.

You can find and sort everything here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm

I would love to see our TE’s get a bit more involved in the SB. If the outside throws/plays are being taken away, then gouge the Chiefs Defense in the middle of the field.

44 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I would love to see our TE’s get a bit more involved in the SB. If the outside throws/plays are being taken away, then gouge the Chiefs Defense in the middle of the field.

Eagles offensively have really not been creative all season. Spags  is gonna have two weeks to game plan against the Eagles and the RPO.  Hopefully the  Eagles  mix it up a bit with some curveballs. 

7 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Game is in state farm arena so to me that'd be like winning 2 SBs lmao

You should hear the conspiracy behind That coming from Chiefs side . " no way we are losing in Patrick’s house” ! 

16 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

5 Years, where did the time go.   Time to bring it back home again.  

Awesome victory !  But going into that game I didn’t think EAGLES had much of a chance . I didn’t watch the whole game, I already had the conclusion of this game gonna suck and pats are just gonna roll . Thanks for proving the doubters wrong . I look like a fool  . 

GO EAGLES! 

9 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Awesome victory !  But going into that game I didn’t think EAGLES had much of a chance . I didn’t watch the whole game, I already had the conclusion of this game gonna suck and pats are just gonna roll . Thanks for proving the doubters wrong . I look like a fool  . 

GO EAGLES! 

Regardless of how I think a game will go, I can't fathom not watching a Super Bowl the Birds are playing in. It's not like we are a team that makes it in very frequently. Not to mention, aside from the game briefly being 0-0, we had the lead in that game for all but about 7 1/2 minutes.

16 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Regardless of how I think a game will go, I can't fathom not watching a Super Bowl the Birds are playing in. It's not like we are a team that makes it in very frequently. Not to mention, aside from the game briefly being 0-0, we had the lead in that game for all but about 7 1/2 minutes.

Oh I totally understand being a fan . I don’t really have a football team to root for, I watch NFL more as in a casual fan . I just hate Tom Brady and the pats . I am more of a baseball, basketball, hockey guy .

39 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I watched it, having waited a very l;ong time, but I can't really say I enjoyued it (apart from moments, obviously). In my mind, for some reason, it was a foregone conclusion the Eagles would win, no ifs and no buts. I have no idea why. Just, deep dpwn, it felt inevitable.

This year, I am grateful I don't feel like that,

16 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I watched it, having waited a very l;ong time, but I can't really say I enjoyued it (apart from moments, obviously). In my mind, for some reason, it was a foregone conclusion the Eagles would win, no ifs and no buts. I have no idea why. Just, deep dpwn, it felt inevitable.

Exactly my point . I wanted the Eagles to upset the pats but I wasn’t very confident and I just couldn’t stand watching Brady win another one . But I did re watch the heck out of it when NFL network aired it all night and next day . It’s a lot easier to enjoy the games when you know the outcome, you stay younger lol

1 hour ago, Davidj77 said:

GO EAGLES! 

You missed out, that game had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  The Last thing I was expecting was a point for point shootout.  I'll never forget when we went up 38-33 and Brady was driving. My brother was sitting next me like "Oh no."  I was like "We need a Pick, a Stop, Something".   Then Boom, Brandon got him we were literally screaming like girls when brady was just sitting there on the ground pissed, lol.  I still was nervous because Brady ran out of time and still actually threw a pretty good hail Mary pass.  Also them running out to "Dreams and Nightmares" was Classic. 

tom-brady-defeated.gif

brandon-graham-strip-sack.gif

21 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

You missed out, that game had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  The Last thing I was expecting was a point for point shootout.  I'll never forget when we went up 38-33 and Brady was driving. My brother was sitting next me like "Oh no."  I was like "We need a Pick, a Stop, Something".   Then Boom, Brandon got him we were literally screaming like girls when brady was just sitting there on the ground pissed, lol.  I still was nervous because Brady ran out of time and still actually threw a pretty good hail Mary pass.  Also them running out to "Dreams and Nightmares" was Classic. 

tom-brady-defeated.gif

brandon-graham-strip-sack.gif

I was so sick of pats in sbs that i decided if they are in the sb again I’ll just save myself a stomach ulcers and just check the score on my phone every now and then . It was a fantastic victory.

3 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

I was so sick of pats in sbs that i decided if they are in the sb again I’ll just save myself a stomach ulcers and just check the score on my phone every now and then . It was a fantastic victory.

I feel you, I was sick of them too.  I'm glad the Bills are dominating them now post-Brady.  After Super Bowl XXXIX, I don't think i could have taken back to back losses to them.   But I was told when I was younger by a wise man, what goes around comes around. The Birds got Redemption and Revenge in Super Bowl LII.  We now have to face Andy and Spags for Super Bowl LVII. 

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

I feel you, I was sick of them too.  I'm glad the Bills are dominating them now post-Brady.  After Super Bowl XXXIX, I don't think i could have taken back to back losses to them.   But I was told when I was younger by a wise man, what goes around comes around. The Birds got Redemption and Revenge in Super Bowl LII.  We now have to face Andy and Spags for Super Bowl LVII. 

I underestimated the Eagles ! feel stupid about it. There are teams in every sport that I won’t watch if they are in the Finals or ws or sb . Yankees , patriots , warriors , or basically any Boston teams, I am allergic:)

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

Wait you felt the birds would win SB 52 but are grateful that you don’t feel that way now? 

4 hours ago, Swimm said:

Eagles offensively have really not been creative all season. Spags  is gonna have two weeks to game plan against the Eagles and the RPO.  Hopefully the  Eagles  mix it up a bit with some curveballs. 

They played the most bland offense possible against the #1 defense and still scored 31 points.

6 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

They played the most bland offense possible against the #1 defense and still scored 31 points.

To be clear, being creative is a bit redundant when you can just physically over power folks. The Chiefs are a veteran side so I expect them to do what the Bears tried to do and make running the football a very difficult enterprise. This game is on Jalen Hurts’ arm to win (and he’ll need to as I expect Reid to emphatically out-scheme Gannon)

3 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

5 Years, where did the time go.   Time to bring it back home again.  

I still want Philly Philly

Harold Kuntz update. He is now working for Fox 4 in KC.

This should be an interesting couple of weeks for him.

3 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

You should hear the conspiracy behind That coming from Chiefs side . " no way we are losing in Patrick’s house” ! 

🤮🤮

4 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

That kinda has me worried TBH. 

Archived