Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

19 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

You missed out, that game had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  The Last thing I was expecting was a point for point shootout.  I'll never forget when we went up 38-33 and Brady was driving. My brother was sitting next me like "Oh no."  I was like "We need a Pick, a Stop, Something".   Then Boom, Brandon got him we were literally screaming like girls when brady was just sitting there on the ground pissed, lol.  I still was nervous because Brady ran out of time and still actually threw a pretty good hail Mary pass.  Also them running out to "Dreams and Nightmares" was Classic. 

tom-brady-defeated.gif

brandon-graham-strip-sack.gif

Donny "bag-o-bones” Jones !  😂 

This matchup is Phillies vs Blue Jays/Astros or Flyers vs Oilers/Red Wings/Blackhawks.

Dykstra juiced to MVP performance level. Schilling is a HoF talent and ultra playoff pitcher. Harper is a beast and Schwarbs hits 'em to the moon. Hextall was playoff MVP, Briere could have been playoff MVP. Lindros was the best player in the world. It was not enough against a bunch of juggernauts.

Getting here is great. Full respect for doing it. KC has a chance to win and maybe even a good chance if they scheme and play a near perfect game. The other team is much better. This formula worked 2x for the Giants so its always possible. Its just not very likely.

The Chiefs hands down have the best player in this game in Mahomes. Depending on how you view the Eagles the next best player in this game is probably Jalen Hurts. From that point you could argue the next 9-10 better players in this game are Eagles players. This is why I am confident in a win. I get anything can happen so I wouldn’t say it is 100% solid lock as an Eagles victory, but realistically they should win their second SB in franchise history. I believed the Eagles could win the last one, but this time I am confident the Eagles should win.

46 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

You think chiefs roster is better than PHI ? It’s a joke right ? 

That’s not what he is saying at all. It does seem many have discounted the Chiefs roster in favor of the eagles. Almost as if it is Mahomes and Kelce against your entire team. While I would agree you have a better overall roster, that doesn’t always guarantee a win. This is the most complete team we have had in the last few years. 

13 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

That’s not what he is saying at all. It does seem many have discounted the Chiefs roster in favor of the eagles. Almost as if it is Mahomes and Kelce against your entire team. While I would agree you have a better overall roster, that doesn’t always guarantee a win. This is the most complete team we have had in the last few years. 

I don’t think anyone has discounted KCs roster at all , I am hearing praise for PM/ kelce and AR . Speaking for myself my impression from KC fans was that " we beat Burrow, phi should be no match . And that’s absolutely arrogant and comical  PM is 1-3 vs joe burrow 

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This matchup is Phillies vs Blue Jays/Astros or Flyers vs Oilers/Red Wings/Blackhawks.

Dykstra juiced to MVP performance level. Schilling is a HoF talent and ultra playoff pitcher. Harper is a beast and Schwarbs hits 'em to the moon. Hextall was playoff MVP, Briere could have been playoff MVP. Lindros was the best player in the world. It was not enough against a bunch of juggernauts.

Getting here is great. Full respect for doing it. KC has a chance to win and maybe even a good chance if they scheme and play a near perfect game. The other team is much better. This formula worked 2x for the Giants so its always possible. Its just not very likely.

I guess I just don’t get the " much better " and that we need to play a " perfect game to win ". Really don’t see it like that. Hopefully your team has that level of discount and overconfidence. That’s how teams end up getting beat.

1 minute ago, Carptom1 said:

I guess I just don’t get the " much better " and that we need to play a " perfect game to win ". Really don’t see it like that. Hopefully your team has that level of discount and overconfidence. That’s how teams end up getting beat.

It’s like this KC ( the team with superstars) is playing the victim saying ohhh the media is counting us out. Which is not true, the picks are like 60-40 Philadelphia. Nobody is counting you out .

9 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

I don’t think anyone has discounted KCs roster at all , I am hearing praise for PM/ kelce and AR . Speaking for myself my impression from KC fans was that " we beat Burrow, phi should be no match . And that’s absolutely arrogant and comical  PM is 1-3 vs joe burrow 

You must have been on Chiefs planet. There is quite a bit of arrogance on there. I have also seen quite a bit from eagles fans…. Even on this thread. I don’t think anyone is getting blown out. 

44 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

42 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Chiefs hands down have the best player in this game in Mahomes. Depending on how you view the Eagles the next best player in this game is probably Jalen Hurts. From that point you could argue the next 9-10 better players in this game are Eagles players. This is why I am confident in a win. I get anything can happen so I wouldn’t say it is 100% solid lock as an Eagles victory, but realistically they should win their second SB in franchise history. I believed the Eagles could win the last one, but this time I am confident the Eagles should win.

Man, the confidence is palpable with you too. All I have to say is Reid v Gannon.

6 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Andy is 1 for 9 in final 4s. Mahomes is 1 for 4. They are not special when it comes to SBs. 1-2 and 1-1. Its delusion to think they are.

The Eagles are better at every position group besides TE and QB and QB is about even (if you understand how Hurts kills in the run game)

Even at TE Goedert can go for 120 and a TD if needed.

Spags is a jag. He was so key to 2007 that they did it again in 2011 with Perry Fewell.

Spags was humiliated in his last SB and they had no backup O-line on D.

FWIW the line that looks like the 2007 playoff Giants is on the Eagles in this one.

What makes the Mahomes - Reid combo so dominant is getting the byes / home field. They are 10-1 at Arrowhead.

They are 1-1 in SBs and this Eagles team is the best they have faced in a SB.

6 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

You must have been on Chiefs planet. There is quite a bit of arrogance on there. I have also seen quite a bit from eagles fans…. Even on this thread. I don’t think anyone is getting blown out. 

Chiefs planet / YouTube videos, any article related to sb . Any source I can find, clearly tells me KC is already measuring their ring size . I am not joking you, level of cockiness and arrogant is high on the KC side . 

4 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Chiefs planet / YouTube videos, any article related to sb . Any source I can find, clearly tells me KC is already measuring their ring size . I am not joking you, level of cockiness and arrogant is high on the KC side . 

I’d be super confident too if I was carrying around the biggest/baddest weapon in a fight. They know Mahomes tilts the level of play by just being alive. It’s really quite unfair.

Your team is +10 in the playoffs. Our team is +55. Both faced the same level of competition. (or the Eagles faced stronger)

The Giants are better than the Jags (about a yard better it turns out) The Giants also beat the Ravens (with Lamar) who played the Bengals even and a weird long reach fumble decided the game.

The 49ers were on a 12 game winning streak (Cincy on a 10 game streak) and their QBs did just not slip on some steps.

I never heard a single excuse on how unfair it was that the 85 Bears got to play vs backup QBs. We live in a world of delusion where people lie to themselves to feel better so now the Eagles did not really earn the NFCCG win.  🤣

The Bengals division was 1-3 vs the NFC East and they lost to the Cowboys. They had no O-line in the AFCCG. They were not the 1988 Bengals. They were a 4 seed and then a 3 seed that won a bunch of close playoff games (and beat up the team that could not contain some QB named Skylar) Part of the problem is "AFC is bettah!" ignorance. I can't really blame you when you are fed lies all year and just believe them. The AFC was -2 head to head.

Here is one example. The Vikings suck! The Vikings were 11-2 when not playing the NFC East. (5-0 vs the AFC) They were 2-3 vs the NFC East with 2 close Giants games and 2 annihilations by the Eagles and Cowboys. The Vikings blowouts did not mean the AFC was a better conference. It meant the NFC East was the best division by far. That people can take a 5-0 vs the AFC Vikings to prove AFC superiority is so 2020's idiocracy.

Maybe it works better if you use a college analogy. The Chiefs are from a lesser conference of Jags and Chargers and no-line Bengals. They won their conference championship by 7 and the first playoff by 3.  The Eagles are from the SEC (+20 NFC East) and they won their conference championship by 31 and their playoff by 24. Do we pretend its an even matchup because the Chiefs QB won the Heisman?

I wish we had some historical data about the power of having the MVP QB or the NFL passing yards leader in the Super Bowl...

Oh, we do.

26 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Andy is 1 for 9 in final 4s. Mahomes is 1 for 4. They are not special when it comes to SBs. 1-2 and 1-1. Its delusion to think they are.

The Eagles are better at every position group besides TE and QB and QB is about even (if you understand how Hurts kills in the run game)

Even at TE Goedert can go for 120 and a TD if needed.

Spags is a jag. He was so key to 2007 that they did it again in 2011 with Perry Fewell.

Spags was humiliated in his last SB and they had no backup O-line on D.

FWIW the line that looks like the 2007 playoff Giants is on the Eagles in this one.

What makes the Mahomes - Reid combo so dominant is getting the byes / home field. They are 10-1 at Arrowhead.

They are 1-1 in SBs and this Eagles team is the best they have faced in a SB.

Love the confidence. So Hurts with his one good year and no experience in any type of pressure game is at an equal level with mahomes? That’s a bit delusional. I think he is a fine quarterback but longevity is what brings greatnesses.

mahomes Super Bowl loss was hardly on him. He was absolutely destroyed by a porous line and multiple drops early.

We will find out Sunday, but if you expect a blowout you will be disappointed.

41 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

You have read the comments by eagles fans too? Or just Chiefs. They aren’t giving us any chance. Like we might as well not go. 

Just now, Carptom1 said:

You have read the comments by eagles fans too? Or just Chiefs. They aren’t giving us any chance. Like we might as well not go. 

I have honestly read both sides . Eagles fans are giving all the credit that’s due to Mahomes and Kelce and AR, and won’t take them for granted . 

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I wish we had some historical data about the power of having the MVP QB or the NFL passing yards leader in the Super Bowl...

Oh, we do.

Oh yeah btw according to them PM on one ankle will conquer all ! What MVP curse ? 

I would like to read some opinions on the following supposition (mine of course):

The Eagles are built to beat the Chiefs.  And of course, I am interested in whether the converse is true, i.e., are the Chiefs built to beat the Eagles.   

By way of example only and not intended to be exhaustive nor even persuasive.  I am looking for both counterpoints and justification.

Eagles D versus KC O

1) Mahomes has thrown 12 INTs (none in the playoffs though THIS year); the Eagles have 17 INTs regular season. 

2) Eagles have the Number 1 pass defense to go against KCs number 1 pass Offense (as an aside and taken with a huge grain of salt as all of these past performances that don't necessarily include THESE TWO teams, no number 1 PASS O has won a Superbowl in 3 tries versus a number 1 PASS D).

3) KCs receiver core-good at best/great when you add Kelce; Philly has great and impactful CBs. Here is a stat that I don't know the answer to. How many balls have the Eagles CBs TOUCHED (INT, tips but still caught, 50-50s regardless of how whether caught or not, passes defended).  I don't know the number but it is a TON. The Eagles are not easy to throw on.    

4) KC run stats (not handy to me); Philly against the run (tricky one because we will flex on teams when we had those big leads and play a bit more off); focus on post Suh and Linval J additions; even smaller data set post additions AND Davis back.   

5) Andy absolutely will be Andy time and again FOREVER. Which means you can make him abandon the run.  The Eagles surely are the team to make you want to do this early.  

6) Mahomey's style is predicated on his ability to escape in part and just run around and be amazing in much larger part; so how much "escapability" will he have at 70% or 80% or 90%. We can all agree he likley isnt 100% but who is at this time of year.  Perhaps more interesting is that he loves to roll right, right?  Not so easy against the Eagles. Are we shocked when Reddick is sitting over there? Or that CGJ is coming up for the screen cover and is also there to chase Mahomes?

7) Eagles front has the horses to swap in and out to BOTH chase Mahomes all day and stuff that run. Who gets tired first? 

--

Eagles O versus KC D 

Only going to drop a couple here as i have to head out but a few good ones.

1) KCs young corners have played OK but KC overall has allowed the most (or close to it?) TDs in the air? Correct me if I am wrong.  What is the plan to handle Brown? Devonta? Goeddert?  The screens to Gainwell? You going to slide some safety coverage over?  Really?  And you don't think our massive O line is going to get 150 yards?  I want to hear real analysis on this. 

2) KC hasn't faced the RRPO and we do it the best of anyone in the league. It isn't even close.  Who is taking this away and how?  Spags will blitz a bunch (I would for sure). If Hurts handles that well, feels like game set match to me.  Heck there is a version where we just run right at KC the whole game. Forget 35 attempts for Hurts. We could win this game with 25 throws. Yes I am being serious.  Conversely there is no scenario on earth where KC can say this, IMO.  No one would even suggest this.  But it is totally reasonable for the Eagles to do it.  In fact, I expect us to run, despite the perceived weakness of the KC D backfield.  To control TOP from the start.

3) Who gets tired first the KC D line or the Philly O line?  If we are running it is going to be the most miserable game for KCs D line. 

One more odd thought (edit)

Let's say Hurts is Hurts of the last few games. Dinged. Not as accurate.  Throw in some nerves too. Newbie whereas Mahomes is ice ice baby. EVEN with that we can still win the game.  Heck we did it already repeatedly this season and in the playoffs.  BECAUSE of the RRPO and Hurts/vision at the LOS. He just has to be serviceable in the air and continue to be on point on the ground.  If I'm Spags I am going Armegeddon to mush rush Hurts from jump street and try and disrupt that RRPO and FORCE him to beat you with the quick throws.

Time's yours.  Gotta head out.    

Just now, Carptom1 said:

Love the confidence. So Hurts with his one good year and no experience in any type of pressure game is at an equal level with mahomes? That’s a bit delusional. I think he is a fine quarterback but longevity is what brings greatnesses.

mahomes Super Bowl loss was hardly on him. He was absolutely destroyed by a porous line and multiple drops early.

We will find out Sunday, but if you expect a blowout you will be disappointed.

Its all percentages. They don't play 400 simulations. They only play once.

• 25% Eagles blowout
  • 45% Eagles close win
  • 25% Chiefs close win
  • 5% Chiefs blowout

Who cares about what Mahomes did 3 years ago with Cheetah and Watkins abusing Sherm? Your 2022 team is playing the 2022 Eagles.

Hurts has the option for 2 runs and a pass on every RPO play and it kills guys like Warner, Bosa, and Parsons but the Chiefs are better than the best, right? Watch this video and notice that none of it is about Hurts' passing TDs or passing yards.

I also have some research homework for you. Can you find a SB QB who threw multiple picks in his first 2 SBs and then got better and stopped doing that? Mahomes is the non-SB GoaT. In the SB he's a mid 60s rated QB with 5 TDs and 4 picks.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mahomes and Kelce. That's it, we're better or at worst even (Special Teams) than every position on the field. But that's just on paper still gotta play the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. If we can establish our run game and end drives in TDs, win the t.o.p. we will win this game.

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its all percentages. They don't play 400 simulations. They only play once.

• 25% Eagles blowout
  • 45% Eagles close win
  • 25% Chiefs close win
  • 5% Chiefs blowout

Who cares about what Mahomes did 3 years ago with Cheetah and Watkins abusing Sherm? Your 2022 team is playing the 2022 Eagles.

Hurts has the option for 2 runs and a pass on every RPO play and it kills guys like Warner, Bosa, and Parsons but the Chiefs are better than the best, right? Watch this video and notice that none of it is about Hurts' passing TDs or passing yards.

I also have some research homework for you. Can you find a SB QB who threw multiple picks in his first 2 SBs and then got better and stopped doing that? Mahomes is the non-SB GoaT. In the SB he's a mid 60s rated QB with 5 TDs and 4 picks.

Your comment of mahomes and hurt’s being on the same level is laughable. For one game perhaps he is, over the course of time at this point he is not. You can’t compare mahomes history on one hand then want to omit it for the other. We will find out Sunday which is the case. 

Btw this offense is not like the one we took to both Super Bowls. It is quicker, and a balanced passing attack. No more holding the ball waiting for hill to get open. Quick passing to multiple receivers. Our YAC is half his passing totals. 

5 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Your comment of mahomes and hurt’s being on the same level is laughable. For one game perhaps he is, over the course of time at this point he is not. You can’t compare mahomes history on one hand then want to omit it for the other. We will find out Sunday which is the case. 

Btw this offense is not like the one we took to both Super Bowls. It is quicker, and a balanced passing attack. No more holding the ball waiting for hill to get open. Quick passing to multiple receivers. Our YAC is half his passing totals. 

Can you guys say anything else besides Mahomes and Kelce ? 

It’s definitely not the same offense ! Your previous offense were much better . Mahomes never holds on to the ball it’s always quick release . 

Archived