GDT: Super Bowl LVII, Kansas City Chiefs vs Philadelphia Eagles, 2-12-23, 6:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

They have no business calling that BS hold at that stage of the game of the most important game the superRefBowl!  The refs ended the game on that call, otherwise Eagles would have gotten the ball back with a chance to score more .

Well the Eagles should not have put themselves in a position to allow the refs to call that bogus call. I agree by the way that call was bogus especially when you see stuff like this from the game. 

B1777308-90E5-4197-B806-EA43EA949746.jpeg

2 hours ago, M.C. said:

Today it's that false start & fumble. Literally could've been up 31-7 at halftime w/o that. 🤢🤮

They were up 14-7 with around 9 minutes left, if no fumble they punt with less than 9 minutes left, KC most likely takes 3 or 4 minutes at least off clock, even assuming they don't score, Eagles get ball back and at that point go on the long drive they had it is 21 points, then kick back to KC for likely end of Half, there  is no time to score 31 points , because of the fumble return for TD the Eagles received another possession they would not have had in the half. Without the false start, more time comes off clock , assume they make it 21-7, then kick off to KC, more time off clock, most  likely 21-7 score at half, there simply was not enough time to score 17 more points, that is ridiculous

2 hours ago, Davidj77 said:

That ball was not catchable! 

If you are talking about the final flag, catchable does not matter, it was not a PI penalty it was holding

21 hours ago, 91defense said:

Well, we did try to let them score for a reason. That was our only chance to win at that point. Chiefs did the right thing there.

Nope. If they miss that fg and we win they would be the laughing stock of every athlete and sports fan of every sport.  It would be one of the most embarrassing moments in all of sports 

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

If you are talking about the final flag, catchable does not matter, it was not a PI penalty it was holding

They should’ve just let it go ! BS call to make sure mahomes win it . Ref absolutely F the game . NFL desperately needs PM to catch Brady and pass him asap . PM will win 6 sbs in 3 yrs . BS ending to a great game ! 

37 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

They should’ve just let it go ! BS call to make sure mahomes win it . Ref absolutely F the game . NFL desperately needs PM to catch Brady and pass him asap . PM will win 6 sbs in 3 yrs . BS ending to a great game ! 

Of course it should not have been called but the catchable factor was not relevant, the fact they let things go all game was why it should not be called

17 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Of course it should not have been called but the catchable factor was not relevant, the fact they let things go all game was why it should not be called

They could’ve called it any BS they wanted to . They F the eagles because mahomes must catch Brady asap . This is why I prefer MLB/NBA/ NHL best of 7 playoffs ! One BS corrupt call can not change the series! I am sorry but NFL is filled with too much conspiracy and propaganda and favoritism ! Just my opinion don’t shoot the messenger . I mean Arian Foster even said it’s scripted.

phi got screwed but then again I remember how many times KC got screwed when they played the patriots with Brady 

I think the Eagles played softer. They didn't want to risk hurting little Kelce or St. Pat. Not enough physicality. I get it though. In the SB you're easily the bad guy for playing aggressive, and it can stain the franchise's reputation. 

I am sorry Jason but your brother is a freaking idiot for thinking people actually doubt it KC AND said they won’t make the playoffs ! All I remember everyone picked KC to win AFC W 

20 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They were up 14-7 with around 9 minutes left, if no fumble they punt with less than 9 minutes left, KC most likely takes 3 or 4 minutes at least off clock, even assuming they don't score, Eagles get ball back and at that point go on the long drive they had it is 21 points, then kick back to KC for likely end of Half, there  is no time to score 31 points , because of the fumble return for TD the Eagles received another possession they would not have had in the half. Without the false start, more time comes off clock , assume they make it 21-7, then kick off to KC, more time off clock, most  likely 21-7 score at half, there simply was not enough time to score 17 more points, that is ridiculous

Being vague, my bad-

Looking from the prespective they convert that 3 & 1 then get TD in the same drive. 

6 days on and it’s still raw…😬 I’m never going to be able to watch that game again…despite Hurts playing some incredible football, it would just bring all of that pain and anguish back.

Was totally gutted at the time…and still totally gutted! 😫

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

One week later and I am still disappointed and pissed off!!! I will probably feel like this for quite some time!

:censored:

It wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for that Fing penalty that effectively ended the game!!!!

34 minutes ago, M.C. said:

It wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for that Fing penalty that effectively ended the game!!!!

To be honest, the Chiefs played a nearly perfectly game, IMO. Our Eagles were the team that made more mistakes and cost themselves the win. 

But to your point, there wasn’t a single DPI or DHolding called on either Secondary the entire game. And then the Ref calls THAT one a penalty??!! UGHHH 

On 2/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, roadagain65 said:

I was having a good day but then saw this...

Whats baffling to me that Gannon still got hired right after the debacle. There must be something going on theyre not telling us.

Roob's first observation.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-observations-nfl-refuses-admit-super-bowl-field-conditions-were

1.  I had to laugh at the NFL’s "statement” about the field conditions at State Farm Stadium last Sunday: "The State Farm Stadium field surface met the required standards for the maintenance of natural surfaces, as per NFL policy.” What a crock. Not surprising the league showed no accountability for the deplorable field conditions and hid behind such a lame statement. How do you play a Super Bowl on a hockey rink? I asked Howie Roseman if the team would make any sort of formal complaint to the league about the field, and he replied in a near-whisper, "Both teams played on the same field.” I pointed out that the field conditions clearly neutralized the Eagles’ biggest strength, their pass rush, and he quietly repeated, "Both teams played on the same field.” And while I appreciate Roseman – and the entire organization – not using the field as an excuse – especially after the way the 49ers whined and cried after the Eagles beat ‘em – the field was completely unacceptable for a preseason game, much less a Super Bowl. We could all see Eagles players slipping on every other snap, and a few Cards players, too. The field had a major impact on the way the game was played, and that can’t happen. Shame on the NFL for hiding behind a hollow statement. I don’t know who would have won if the game were played on a field that allowed guys from both teams to perform the way they’re capable of. But it would have been awfully nice to find out. 

Both teams did have to play on the same field, and they can't publicly complain about it or the refs. But everyone could see how bad it was and teams will definitely be addressing it with the league just not publicly. Even other teams seeing that will be concerned going into next year.

23 hours ago, LacesOut said:

To be honest, the Chiefs played a nearly perfectly game, IMO. Our Eagles were the team that made more mistakes and cost themselves the win. 

But to your point, there wasn’t a single DPI or DHolding called on either Secondary the entire game. And then the Ref calls THAT one a penalty??!! UGHHH 

I agree in that it’s the consistency of the calls.

It would be like in game 7 of WS, ump hasn’t  been calling low outside pitches strikes all night. Good he has been consistent, although some of those could have been strikes. Then bottom 9th, 2 outs, 2 strikes and a runner on 3rd and your team is down 1. The pitch is low outside and the ump calls it a strike!

That’s what makes me crazy as a fan! Just be consistent!!

On 2/18/2023 at 2:06 PM, Davidj77 said:

They could’ve called it any BS they wanted to . They F the eagles because mahomes must catch Brady asap . This is why I prefer MLB/NBA/ NHL best of 7 playoffs ! One BS corrupt call can not change the series! I am sorry but NFL is filled with too much conspiracy and propaganda and favoritism ! Just my opinion don’t shoot the messenger . I mean Arian Foster even said it’s scripted.

phi got screwed but then again I remember how many times KC got screwed when they played the patriots with Brady 

Yeah they are setting PM to be Brady and Jalen to be his Eli Manning/SB rival. Thats why i think they would eventually give Jalen one or even two SB wins out of pity.

I recorded the entire season and a LOT of Super Bowl Week build up shows. 

Worth keeping for the 'team history' of worthy of deletion after the 2nd half collapse? What should I do? Opinions?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I recorded the entire season and a LOT of Super Bowl Week build up shows. 

Worth keeping for the 'team history' of worthy of deletion after the 2nd half collapse? What should I do? Opinions?

Keep.

1) you already did the work

2) it was still a hugely successful season and you have the season itself (not just the disappointing second half of the SB)

3) When Hurts and company win next year AND/OR the next year or two after that it will make for good context.  

Archived