GDT: Super Bowl LVII, Kansas City Chiefs vs Philadelphia Eagles, 2-12-23, 6:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

26 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Sigh, believe whatever you wish man lol

I will certainly believe it.I know for a fact he doesn't run the same offense as he did when he was here. His approach is absolutely different. The man has infused some RPO principles into the playbook to suit Mahomes skill set. He's a different man dude. But believe whatever you wish man ;)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toolg said:

The Eagles lost because the defense gave up 38 points and couldn't get a stop when in mattered. The Chiefs were able to sit on the ball until the final seconds and kick a FG. When the Eagles finally got the ball back they didn't have enough time left to come up with an answer.

The Eagles made some mistakes: Hurts dropped the ball that the Chiefs scooped up and scored a TD. They punted on 4th and short that the Chiefs almost returned for a TD. They lost 30 yards in field position, vs. had they gone for it and lost. The Eagles defense wasn't good enough, they couldn't force a turnover. If a ref sees a hold and throws the flag, it is a penalty no matter how much time is left or what calls they missed earlier in the game.

In a game that was played really well by two very good teams, it came down to a few small mistakes on everybody: offense, defense, special teams, coaches. No excuses.

May be an image of 7 people, beard and text that says 'NFL "IT WAS A HOLD JAMES BRADBURRY ON THE HOLDING CALL: "WE SHOULDN'T EYEN PUT OUTSELVES IN THAT POSITION. -BRANDON GRAHAM "...REFLECTING ON THE THINGS I COULD HAYE DONE BETTER." -JALEN HURTS NWE -NICK SIRIANNI EAGLES WERE NOT MAKING EXCUSES ON THE FIELD SURFACE: "DEFINITELY NOT THE REASON WE LOST. -DALLAS GOEDERT "CHIEFS HAVE TO PLAY ON IT, TOO." -JORDAN MAILATA "BOTH TEAMS HAVE TO PLAY ON IT.' -JASON KELCE'

You're talking to the wall.

I already tried.

It just sits there, all full of bricks, in a daze of narrative fallacy.

I haven't gone through the 112 pages of this thread - but after sitting on this a couple of days, I am so impressed by the man with how the Eagles players and coaches have dealt with this.  It may hurt some hard core Philadelphians to read this, but damnit, this organization is class all the way.  They gave credit that was rightfully earned and deserved to the Chiefs.  They didn't blame the field.  They didn't blame the refs.  THEY DID NOT BEHAVE LIKE LOSERS.  Everybody in the organization carried themselves with class.

I'm sure most are thinking of would have been, but I'm still basking in what was.  To me, this has more of a vibe of Rocky going the distance and damn the final count.  Sure, would've been great to come out on top.  But we really did come out on top anyway.  Congratulations to the Chiefs, and congratulations to the Eagles.  Both teams put on a show for the world and both teams put on a great after show as well.  The NFL, Chief and Eagle organizations did well - very well.

17 minutes ago, Procus said:

I haven't gone through the 112 pages of this thread...

:nonono:

fairweather fan

17 minutes ago, Procus said:

I haven't gone through the 112 pages of this thread - but after sitting on this a couple of days, I am so impressed by the man with how the Eagles players and coaches have dealt with this.  It may hurt some hard core Philadelphians to read this, but damnit, this organization is class all the way.  They gave credit that was rightfully earned and deserved to the Chiefs.  They didn't blame the field.  They didn't blame the refs.  THEY DID NOT BEHAVE LIKE LOSERS.  Everybody in the organization carried themselves with class.

I'm sure most are thinking of would have been, but I'm still basking in what was.  To me, this has more of a vibe of Rocky going the distance and damn the final count.  Sure, would've been great to come out on top.  But we really did come out on top anyway.  Congratulations to the Chiefs, and congratulations to the Eagles.  Both teams put on a show for the world and both teams put on a great after show as well.  The NFL, Chief and Eagle organizations did well - very well.

As a Chiefs fan, I look at this game as two juggernauts throwing haymakers. It was a tremendous game. Had the Eagles been playing any other team I would have been rooting for them. 

Jalen Hurts was on another planet. I didn't realize he was capable of making some of the plays that he made. The long passes I knew he could execute but the hole shot to Goedert was next level. If he stays healthy, he'll be back in the big game. 

14 minutes ago, boilertiger said:

As a Chiefs fan, I look at this game as two juggernauts throwing haymakers. It was a tremendous game. Had the Eagles been playing any other team I would have been rooting for them. 

Jalen Hurts was on another planet. I didn't realize he was capable of making some of the plays that he made. The long passes I knew he could execute but the hole shot to Goedert was next level. If he stays healthy, he'll be back in the big game. 

Thanks for your side of things as a Chiefs fan. 

I think for me there's still a bitter feeling towards how the game ended. The Chiefs were brilliant and it was a great game from start to finish. Both teams played so well and made some huge plays. I just wish the officials hadn't made that call at the end. We may well have still lost but I'd have liked to see what Jalen could do with 2 minutes left. 

1 hour ago, boilertiger said:

Eat a bag of poop, jabroni.

I see your olive branch and raise you a balsamic vinegar enema.

Only one game will matter next year, 49ers at eagles for home field, they each team will win enough for number 1 or 2 seed

9 hours ago, toolg said:

The Eagles lost because the defense gave up 38 points and couldn't get a stop when in mattered. The Chiefs were able to sit on the ball until the final seconds and kick a FG. When the Eagles finally got the ball back they didn't have enough time left to come up with an answer.

The Eagles made some mistakes: Hurts dropped the ball that the Chiefs scooped up and scored a TD. They punted on 4th and short that the Chiefs almost returned for a TD. They lost 30 yards in field position, vs. had they gone for it and lost. The Eagles defense wasn't good enough, they couldn't force a turnover. If a ref sees a hold and throws the flag, it is a penalty no matter how much time is left or what calls they missed earlier in the game.

In a game that was played really well by two very good teams, it came down to a few small mistakes on everybody: offense, defense, special teams, coaches. No excuses.

While most of these things are true, just because the players give us "media speak" in front of the camera with a mic doesn't mean they don't on a personal level think they got screwed. 

Yes, had they not made other mistakes it wouldn't have come down to the holding call.  But your take on it is wrong.  Did he technically hold slightly?  Sure.  Was it cool to let them play physical all game and then call something ticky tack in the last 2 minutes to gift wrap the game to the Chiefs?  Absolutely not.  Consistency in officiating is key to a fair outcome and maintaining integrity of the game.  And don't forget them overturning a huge Smith catch that cost us 4 points with no evidence that he dropped it. 

6 hours ago, Procus said:

I'm glad the Eagles staff and players said the right things and took responsibility.  But that doesn't mean that turf wasn't an absolute disaster and embarrassment.  And it doesn't mean that the officiating was fair. 

9 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

While most of these things are true, just because the players give us "media speak" in front of the camera with a mic doesn't mean they don't on a personal level think they got screwed. 

Yes, had they not made other mistakes it wouldn't have come down to the holding call.  But your take on it is wrong.  Did he technically hold slightly?  Sure.  Was it cool to let them play physical all game and then call something ticky tack in the last 2 minutes to gift wrap the game to the Chiefs?  Absolutely not.  Consistency in officiating is key to a fair outcome and maintaining integrity of the game.  And don't forget them overturning a huge Smith catch that cost us 4 points with no evidence that he dropped it. 

Pretty much this.  Unfortunately we somehow had to play a prefect game to win and we didn't.  The defense not being able to stop a nosebleed is the reason we lost, but to let guys play a certain way and then flag something so miniscule in the final minutes is just downright horsecrap. 

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

wtf is TJ doing here?

The chiefs run alot of motion . The Eagles defensively have actually been pretty bad against the motion all season. Want to know why?  Cause Gannon is a moron who did nothing to prepare his team for motion offenses.  He certainly didn't in the Superbowl as you can see with TJ edwards or Maddox.  Biggest game of the year and he doesn't get his team ready.

Watching the game, it seemed to hurt the Eagles more. The team relies on its pass rush to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks. But, they rarely pressured Patrick Mahomes, and never sacked him. The slippery field clearly affected their get-off. Though, I do wonder why Chiefs players were slipping less than the Eagles.

This is even more startling when you realize the Eagles defense was out on the field way less than the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, Swimm said:

This is even more startling when you realize the Eagles defense was out on the field way less than the Chiefs.

The NFL has been a clown organization for years and only getting worse.  Why test this trash field in the Super Bowl and not some preseason games or something?  Unbelievable 

15 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

They chose to not take the td and put the season in the hands of their kicked who already missed one. 

Pathetic. 

If Steichen has a great year and Gannon sucks the media will probably act surprised.

Who won’t be surprised? Pretty much every Eagles fan. 😄

You never know for sure, but..

Saw a play breakdown at NFL Network post SB.  KC was able to recognize and exploit our S shift when the WR was in motion from sideline towards the OL.  The WR did not finish the motion and stopped about half way.  But the S kept on going leaving a wide space open and easy walk-in TD.  They ran it twice, one on each side of the field and got 2 TDs.

This was the pattern seem in earlier game during the season.  To their credit, KC picked that up and used it effectively again our team.  Sadly, our DC did not recognized the problem and did not fix it or made adjustment during the game.  The vet DBs did not made the adjustment during the game either.

10 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

They chose to not take the td and put the season in the hands of their kicked who already missed one. 

Pathetic. 

True, typical Andy

The field neutralized our defense and that was the biggest difference in the game. We needed one stop and they couldn't even get pressure. Not the players fault but I do blame the DC who is thankfully gone. We needed to be sending more than the front four. Again, not the players fault. Team had a good year, Hurts came through big when it was needed. Offense put up 35. Very memorable year, stinks that we didn't bring it home but at least we were in the dance.

Hopefully, we get a pair of good coordinators. We lacked a little bit in creative play calling on both sides of the ball. We relied too much on the players. They did an amazing job of making up for it, especially Hurts. One of the best teams we've had but with the right coordinators they could have been even better.

23 hours ago, Swimm said:

I'd say it's because the majority of the Chief's pass rush is straight up the middle, while our is speed and bending around the edge.  It's much more difficult to round the edge on a slippery surface than it is to push straight ahead.

10 hours ago, Vileborg said:

The field neutralized our defense and that was the biggest difference in the game. We needed one stop and they couldn't even get pressure. Not the players fault but I do blame the DC who is thankfully gone. We needed to be sending more than the front four. Again, not the players fault. Team had a good year, Hurts came through big when it was needed. Offense put up 35. Very memorable year, stinks that we didn't bring it home but at least we were in the dance.

Hopefully, we get a pair of good coordinators. We lacked a little bit in creative play calling on both sides of the ball. We relied too much on the players. They did an amazing job of making up for it, especially Hurts. One of the best teams we've had but with the right coordinators they could have been even better.

Agreed.  It's pretty annoying that the Chiefs seemed to be prepared for the field and the Eagles weren't. 

Archived