GDT: Super Bowl LVII, Kansas City Chiefs vs Philadelphia Eagles, 2-12-23, 6:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Here we go with the conspiracy crap. What happened to beating us by 40? We’re now down to somehow Toma made a crap field than told us what cleats to wear? I saw plenty of Chiefs slipping also. You guys lost because you got arrogant and thought you were above being beat. The players and coaches start believing too, because everyone in the city makes them believe it. We know from experience as that is what we did in the AFCCG last year with the Bengals. 

you confuse fans with players. we didn't lose anything but an evening to tv and bad commercials lol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Here we go with the conspiracy crap. What happened to beating us by 40? We’re now down to somehow Toma made a crap field than told us what cleats to wear? I saw plenty of Chiefs slipping also. You guys lost because you got arrogant and thought you were above being beat. The players and coaches start believing too, because everyone in the city makes them believe it. We know from experience as that is what we did in the AFCCG last year with the Bengals. 

They lost for multiple reasons, arrogance was almost certainly not one of them though.  Pretty goofy take. 

9 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Takes a giant **** to come here and write that but to each his own.

17 hours ago, Swimm said:

The field conditions  directly affected the outcome of the game. It screwed over our D-line and the Chiefs had inside knowledge of the field conditions and knew what to wear. .

During the regular season teams are on the field hours before kickoff warming up. Do they not do that for the Super Bowl? If they do shouldn't both teams know about the condition of the field?

12 hours ago, Arthur Jackson said:

Indeed. By those who just lost a game.

Everyone I've seen and talk to see otherwise.  Hell even are divisional rivals fans  are agreeing the eagles got F'ed over with that call.

18 hours ago, judunno said:

Hell no... this man runs the ball with consistency now. He ran the ball with a 7th round rookie all over us. Let that one sink in.

What game were you even watching?  They ran it a total of 20 times vs 27 passes. Pacheco had 15 attempts, for 76 yds.  It was a solid game from him, but lets not forget that IF it weren't for our crappy defense, we win that game.  Our offense dominated in time of possession, yardage, plays, 1st downs, conversions, etc. yet the defense couldn't get a stop to save their lives lol.  Reid is the same old Reid.  

6 minutes ago, MF POON said:

What game were you even watching?  They ran it a total of 20 times vs 27 passes. Pacheco had 15 attempts, for 76 yds.  It was a solid game from him, but lets not forget that IF it weren't for our crappy defense, we win that game.  Our offense dominated in time of possession, yardage, plays, 1st downs, conversions, etc. yet the defense couldn't get a stop to save their lives lol.  Reid is the same old Reid.  

20 vs 27 is pretty balanced no? 26/27 if you count Mahomes scrambles on his 'high ankle sprain' lol.

18 hours ago, judunno said:

There's no debate that Mahomes is great. What you're not acknowledging is that Reid isn't the same coach that he was when he was in Philly. Give that man his due. He changed with the league and evolved.

Because I've seen Reid in 4 SB's now and he honestly has not changed.

The only thing preventing the chief's stats from being even more lopsided in our loss was the fact that KC rarely had the ball, but they didn't need it when they scored on every possession in the 2nd half. Anyway, against the Bucs Mahomes threw it 49 times and He threw it 42 times vs the 49ers.  Both of those games the RB carries were in the teens. The only thing that saved Reid from looking like the same old buffoon was our defense allowing the Chiefs to score at will in the 2nd half.  It's one of those rare losses where you outplay your opponent, yet lose.  

11 minutes ago, judunno said:

20 vs 27 is pretty balanced no? 26/27 if you count Mahomes scrambles on his 'high ankle sprain' lol.

Ive already addressed this in another post. No, he isn't more balanced at all.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:27 AM, GreenReaper said:

I don't think he'll be fired so someone needs to hire him. 

I don't think he'll be fired either. Eagles D ranked pretty highly this season. They were made to look not so good by the #1 offense this season. Imagine that. As far as the holding call at the end of the game, I saw this on NFL.com

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Philadelphia Eagles fans might be miffed at the holding call on James Bradberry that essentially ended the drama in Super Bowl LVII on Sunday, but the corner admitted to committing the penalty after getting beat by JuJu Smith-Schuster.

"It was a holding," he said following the Eagles' 38-35 loss. "I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide."

With the game tied 35-35 with 1:54 remaining, the Chiefs faced a third-and-8 from the Philly 15. Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes lobbed a pass to Smith-Schuster that wasn't close. However, a flag flew in, giving K.C. an automatic first down, allowing them to drain the clock to 11 seconds before kicking the game-winning field for the win.

"Oh yes, a hundred percent," Smith-Schuster said when asked if it was a penalty. "My route's to strike in, strike back out. I mean Bradberry's a good player, but you know I feel like at some day, the call's gonna be called."

After the game, referee Carl Cheffers told pool reporter Lindsay Jones that the grab was transparent and there was "no debate" on whether it was a flag.

"The receiver went to the inside, and he was attempting to release to the outside," Cheffers said. "The defender grabbed the jersey with his right hand and restricted him from releasing to the outside. So, therefore, we called defensive holding."

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-cb-james-bradberry-on-crucial-third-down-penalty-it-was-holding

37 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I don't think he'll be fired either. Eagles D ranked pretty highly this season. They were made to look not so good by the #1 offense this season. Imagine that. As far as the holding call at the end of the game, I saw this on NFL.com

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Philadelphia Eagles fans might be miffed at the holding call on James Bradberry that essentially ended the drama in Super Bowl LVII on Sunday, but the corner admitted to committing the penalty after getting beat by JuJu Smith-Schuster.

"It was a holding," he said following the Eagles' 38-35 loss. "I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide."

With the game tied 35-35 with 1:54 remaining, the Chiefs faced a third-and-8 from the Philly 15. Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes lobbed a pass to Smith-Schuster that wasn't close. However, a flag flew in, giving K.C. an automatic first down, allowing them to drain the clock to 11 seconds before kicking the game-winning field for the win.

"Oh yes, a hundred percent," Smith-Schuster said when asked if it was a penalty. "My route's to strike in, strike back out. I mean Bradberry's a good player, but you know I feel like at some day, the call's gonna be called."

After the game, referee Carl Cheffers told pool reporter Lindsay Jones that the grab was transparent and there was "no debate" on whether it was a flag.

"The receiver went to the inside, and he was attempting to release to the outside," Cheffers said. "The defender grabbed the jersey with his right hand and restricted him from releasing to the outside. So, therefore, we called defensive holding."

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-cb-james-bradberry-on-crucial-third-down-penalty-it-was-holding

I don't think anyone would argue it wasn't a hold, mostly, people argued why the flag was thrown at that specific time, when there were plenty of holds and penalties on both teams that were ignored all game.  Yet to ice the game, they threw the flag.  That's why there are people that are pissed and as much as I hate to admit it, I agree that flags at those times shouldn't be thrown unless it's been consistently called all game.

20 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Ive already addressed this in another post. No, he isn't more balanced at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Sure does look it to me that his more willing to mix in the running game and has more patience with it to keep defenses unbalanced since he's been in KC. Especially in the post season. That takes EXTREME discipline when you have a QB like Mahomes.  

5 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I don't think anyone would argue it wasn't a hold, mostly, people argued why the flag was thrown at that specific time, when there were plenty of holds and penalties on both teams that were ignored all game.  Yet to ice the game, they threw the flag.  That's why there are people that are pissed and as much as I hate to admit it, I agree that flags at those times shouldn't be thrown unless it's been consistently called all game.

There's no disputing that the game should be called consistently.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Sure does look it to me that his more willing to mix in the running game and has more patience with it to keep defenses unbalanced since he's been in KC. Especially in the post season. That takes EXTREME discipline when you have a QB like Mahomes.  

Yeah we will, because if you're being objective there's no way you'd see otherwise.  In the AFC champ game Mahomes had 43 pass attempts, and Pacheco had just 10 carries. As a whole, their RB's had 16 total carries, yet you somehow believe that Andy has changed his philosphy lol.   Fine, be a homer for the Chiefs but I'm not going to agree with you just because Andy is an ex Eagles coach.

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

Because I've seen Reid in 4 SB's now and he honestly has not changed.

The only thing preventing the chief's stats from being even more lopsided in our loss was the fact that KC rarely had the ball, but they didn't need it when they scored on every possession in the 2nd half. Anyway, against the Bucs Mahomes threw it 49 times and He threw it 42 times vs the 49ers.  Both of those games the RB carries were in the teens. The only thing that saved Reid from looking like the same old buffoon was our defense allowing the Chiefs to score at will in the 2nd half.  It's one of those rare losses where you outplay your opponent, yet lose.  

Those games the run game was stuffed. The fact that the RB were even in the teens is huge considering what we've seen from Reid here. He used to completely abandon the run man... like completely. Backs wouldn't even see double digit carries. I watched him do this in a damn Monsoon my man.

47 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Yeah we will, because if you're being objective there's no way you'd see otherwise.  In the AFC champ game Mahomes had 43 pass attempts, and Pacheco had just 10 carries. As a whole, their RB's had 16 total carries, yet you somehow believe that Andy has changed his philosphy lol.   Fine, be a homer for the Chiefs but I'm not going to agree with you just because Andy is an ex Eagles coach.

I repeat... there were times where Reid wouldn't even get in the double digits in carries with the RBs. And it wasn't always because they were down big.

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

I repeat... there were times where Reid wouldn't even get in the double digits in carries with the RBs. And it wasn't always because they were down big.

And I repeat, Andy is no different than old Andy.  In the 2004 Super Bowl with the Eagles, Westbrook had 15 carries. McNabb had 51 attempts. Mahomes in his prior 2 SB games had 49 and 42. I have no doubt he'd have had that many attempts if the defense wasn't giving up TD's on every drive in the 2nd half.  But again, please feel free to not remind me again about how Andy has changed so much 🤣

26 minutes ago, MF POON said:

And I repeat, Andy is no different than old Andy.  In the 2004 Super Bowl with the Eagles, Westbrook had 15 carries. McNabb had 51 attempts. Mahomes in his prior 2 SB games had 49 and 42. I have no doubt he'd have had that many attempts if the defense wasn't giving up TD's on every drive in the 2nd half.  But again, please feel free to not remind me again about how Andy has changed so much 🤣

The SB they won. 18 carries to the backs 1 carry to the TE 1 carry to WR (Mahomes 9 carries and a TD) - 29 total rushes

The SB they lost. TB went crazy in the 1st 3 quarters going up big. That game was over by quarter 3. Even still Reid ran the ball up until Mahomes threw a pick and Tampa went up 28-9. After that in the 4th quarter it was pretty much all pass pass pass to get back in the game as it was 31-9 in the 3rd essentially. He didn't abandon the run in that game until it was a must.

And you know what happened in this last Superbowl that they won. 

This man has changed his whole offensive approach. He was big time WCO when he was in Philly. Give that man his due he has evolved with the game.

The Eagles lost because the defense gave up 38 points and couldn't get a stop when in mattered. The Chiefs were able to sit on the ball until the final seconds and kick a FG. When the Eagles finally got the ball back they didn't have enough time left to come up with an answer.

The Eagles made some mistakes: Hurts dropped the ball that the Chiefs scooped up and scored a TD. They punted on 4th and short that the Chiefs almost returned for a TD. They lost 30 yards in field position, vs. had they gone for it and lost. The Eagles defense wasn't good enough, they couldn't force a turnover. If a ref sees a hold and throws the flag, it is a penalty no matter how much time is left or what calls they missed earlier in the game.

In a game that was played really well by two very good teams, it came down to a few small mistakes on everybody: offense, defense, special teams, coaches. No excuses.

May be an image of 7 people, beard and text that says 'NFL "IT WAS A HOLD JAMES BRADBURRY ON THE HOLDING CALL: "WE SHOULDN'T EYEN PUT OUTSELVES IN THAT POSITION. -BRANDON GRAHAM "...REFLECTING ON THE THINGS I COULD HAYE DONE BETTER." -JALEN HURTS NWE -NICK SIRIANNI EAGLES WERE NOT MAKING EXCUSES ON THE FIELD SURFACE: "DEFINITELY NOT THE REASON WE LOST. -DALLAS GOEDERT "CHIEFS HAVE TO PLAY ON IT, TOO." -JORDAN MAILATA "BOTH TEAMS HAVE TO PLAY ON IT.' -JASON KELCE'

1 hour ago, toolg said:

The Eagles lost because the defense gave up 38 points and couldn't get a stop when in mattered. The Chiefs were able to sit on the ball until the final seconds and kick a FG. When the Eagles finally got the ball back they didn't have enough time left to come up with an answer.

The Eagles made some mistakes: Hurts dropped the ball that the Chiefs scooped up and scored a TD. They punted on 4th and short that the Chiefs almost returned for a TD. They lost 30 yards in field position, vs. had they gone for it and lost. The Eagles defense wasn't good enough, they couldn't force a turnover. If a ref sees a hold and throws the flag, it is a penalty no matter how much time is left or what calls they missed earlier in the game.

In a game that was played really well by two very good teams, it came down to a few small mistakes on everybody: offense, defense, special teams, coaches. No excuses.

May be an image of 7 people, beard and text that says 'NFL "IT WAS A HOLD JAMES BRADBURRY ON THE HOLDING CALL: "WE SHOULDN'T EYEN PUT OUTSELVES IN THAT POSITION. -BRANDON GRAHAM "...REFLECTING ON THE THINGS I COULD HAYE DONE BETTER." -JALEN HURTS NWE -NICK SIRIANNI EAGLES WERE NOT MAKING EXCUSES ON THE FIELD SURFACE: "DEFINITELY NOT THE REASON WE LOST. -DALLAS GOEDERT "CHIEFS HAVE TO PLAY ON IT, TOO." -JORDAN MAILATA "BOTH TEAMS HAVE TO PLAY ON IT.' -JASON KELCE'

Summed up quite nicely. KC was marginally better in those conditions with their game plan and with their adjustments period. We had the better talent overall... they had the better experience from the coaches to the QB. Talent was negated by a great coaching staff and QB on the offensive side of the ball. Came up 4 points short of a spectacular season. It burns because we all know how hard it is to get there and there's a possibility it will take another 5 years+ . Dems the breaks. Oh... and Reid and Mahomes played the world with the injury reports lol. They had to be chuckling after the game like 'Hey... how's that ankle.... bwahahahhaha.'

7 minutes ago, judunno said:

Dems the breaks. Oh... and Reid and Mahomes played the world with the injury reports lol. They had to be chuckling after the game like 'Hey... how's that ankle.... bwahahahhaha.'

His ankle had to be sore on Monday.... He has a sprain, so it's not like his leg is completely useless. He can play on it as long as he can manage the pain and he doesn't aggravate it. They must have some good stuff in the locker room.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

The SB they won. 18 carries to the backs 1 carry to the TE 1 carry to WR (Mahomes 9 carries and a TD) - 29 total rushes

The SB they lost. TB went crazy in the 1st 3 quarters going up big. That game was over by quarter 3. Even still Reid ran the ball up until Mahomes threw a pick and Tampa went up 28-9. After that in the 4th quarter it was pretty much all pass pass pass to get back in the game as it was 31-9 in the 3rd essentially. He didn't abandon the run in that game until it was a must.

And you know what happened in this last Superbowl that they won. 

This man has changed his whole offensive approach. He was big time WCO when he was in Philly. Give that man his due he has evolved with the game.

Sigh, believe whatever you wish man lol

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Sigh, believe whatever you wish man lol

I agree I don't think he's changed at all. I'd be called an offensive genius if I had Mahomes as the QB.

Just now, Perforator said:

I agree I don't think he's changed at all. I'd be called an offensive genius if I had Mahomes as the QB.

I agree. What's crazy is that it was more of a let down from the defense playing poorly than Mahomes just making great plays. Aside from his one long run near the end, all he did was dump it off to wide open guys for easy completions due to bad coverage. Gannon's inability to adapt to not getting pressure, and leaving players wide open cost us. Neither team played all that well defensively, but at least KC held us to a FG once when they really needed to.

Archived