Moderation transparency

Moderator6

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If the blog likes to report, it seems those people would be happy to have a mod a lot.

I can tell you they wouldnt like to have a mod telling them to stay on topic about football. But they would like a mod keeping trolling at bay, and keeping CVON topics like politics and religion out.

Fair point.  And we have indeed had talks about more mods (we have 2 or 3 people we're talking to that are thinking about it).  We've thought about frequenting the blog more because of that.  I'm just saying, if we start moderating more, people will complain.  Some will like it, some won't.  

When the new boards started a few years ago, there were no pinned rules, and we weren't giving warnings or moderating much at all.  Then people started reporting posts, posting publicly asking what are the rules, what can we "get away with" and asking why certain things are allowed.  Some people reported posts and sent us pm's saying why aren't we moderating?  Then we moderated and then others said "who asked for this?  not me."  Some said hey we're not on the official Eagles site anymore so we don't need any moderation at all.  So everyone has different opinions and no matter what happens there will be someone who doesn't like it and tells us we should do something different.

42 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Fair point.  And we have indeed had talks about more mods (we have 2 or 3 people we're talking to that are thinking about it).  We've thought about frequenting the blog more because of that.  I'm just saying, if we start moderating more, people will complain.  Some will like it, some won't.  

When the new boards started a few years ago, there were no pinned rules, and we weren't giving warnings or moderating much at all.  Then people started reporting posts, posting publicly asking what are the rules, what can we "get away with" and asking why certain things are allowed.  Some people reported posts and sent us pm's saying why aren't we moderating?  Then we moderated and then others said "who asked for this?  not me."  Some said hey we're not on the official Eagles site anymore so we don't need any moderation at all.  So everyone has different opinions and no matter what happens there will be someone who doesn't like it and tells us we should do something different.

How much does the mod position pay, 6???

47 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

My preference for here is no moderation (save for something really significant like swastikas where its an easy auto-ban).

I think with no moderation, guys like RTK and 4for4 eventually would have annoyed each other so much, someone would have learned to use ignore, or stay away from a particular thread, and not respond to a particular poster.  

Maybe 4for4's buds would have quoted his posts to RTK so he couldnt effectively ignore him. So 4for4 may have won in the end. Do you think theres even 1  person who would be disappointed if RTK quit posting in the blog? No. We would be better off in that thread. And both members would still be on the board.

When the mods are here, theyll use you for help, abuse the report feature hoping to get the other guy banned. And then other people will become upset if they think youve got the wrong guy.

With no mods, people will be forced to make their own decisions on how they can make this place more enjoyable for themselves, and there is no one to complain to about it.

It forces people to self moderate which is the most peaceful possible way of dealing with any of these issues. It also prevents banning, losing members who could be donating right now when our bill is due, and we happen to be in the red for the year.

For a lot of years on the old boards, the blog did a great job at self moderating. I was going to type about how that worked but this post would look 10x longer than it already is.

My second choice is more mods.  You already know whats been said about why 1-2 active mods can look bad and how more mods can fix it at least appearance-wise. But thats just appearance. In the end, more moderation can only result in more suspensions and ultimately banning which = lost members and lost financial support for the boards. So its not the best option. Only a slight improvement on whats in place right now insofar as there isnt as much to complain at on the way to someones demise. But it still only further allows a community to cannibalize itslef.

Best option- no mods. Just 1 to handle the really rare time where someone is waaay out of line. Things like racism, anti-semitism, and nudes that would ruin our adsense account.

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

...(we have 2 or 3 people we're talking to that are thinking about it)...

shy-excited (1) (1).gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

God doesn’t need to save me because I’m an American and not a pu$$y Brit @Arthur Jackson

Murica!

13 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@HazletonEagle and @Moderator6 when you two just gonna hate fu€k and get it out of your system 

Mod6 is olsilverbags side piece. America's trailer trash couple

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

My preference for here is no moderation (save for something really significant like swastikas where its an easy auto-ban).

I think with no moderation, guys like RTK and 4for4 eventually would have annoyed each other so much, someone would have learned to use ignore, or stay away from a particular thread, and not respond to a particular poster.  

Maybe 4for4's buds would have quoted his posts to RTK so he couldnt effectively ignore him. So 4for4 may have won in the end. Do you think theres even 1  person who would be disappointed if RTK quit posting in the blog? No. We would be better off in that thread. And both members would still be on the board.

When the mods are here, theyll use you for help, abuse the report feature hoping to get the other guy banned. And then other people will become upset if they think youve got the wrong guy.

With no mods, people will be forced to make their own decisions on how they can make this place more enjoyable for themselves, and there is no one to complain to about it.

It forces people to self moderate which is the most peaceful possible way of dealing with any of these issues. It also prevents banning, losing members who could be donating right now when our bill is due, and we happen to be in the red for the year.

For a lot of years on the old boards, the blog did a great job at self moderating. I was going to type about how that worked but this post would look 10x longer than it already is.

My second choice is more mods.  You already know whats been said about why 1-2 active mods can look bad and how more mods can fix it at least appearance-wise. But thats just appearance. In the end, more moderation can only result in more suspensions and ultimately banning which = lost members and lost financial support for the boards. So its not the best option. Only a slight improvement on whats in place right now insofar as there isnt as much to complain at on the way to someones demise. But it still only further allows a community to cannibalize itslef.

Best option- no mods. Just 1 to handle the really rare time where someone is waaay out of line. Things like racism, anti-semitism, and nudes that would ruin our adsense account.

Hey nice novel Charles Dickens 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think everyone would be happy if he stopped posting in the blog. The only thing people would miss would be his finger paintings and @mattwillowning him

22 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Shut your sloot face

So much better without Westbrook 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So much better without Westbrook 

You ain't lying. I've always liked Russell and was upset when they traded him to the Nets. Beasley has been a nice addition as well. I hope they keep those 2 and stay away from Kyrie. Get a few more roll players to fill out the roster. Stay away from "the big 3" paring 

On 4/2/2023 at 6:35 PM, EaglePhan1986 said:

How sweet is my American flag shirt?!

Pair it up with these bad boys for the ultimate roundhouse kick to the face

tumblr_ltbteqqwv31qcjvpjo1_400.png

• Haha 2

On 4/2/2023 at 1:05 PM, hputenis said:

I found @olsilverhair.  He’s still recovering from his birthday party where he had his head smashed in with melons and mustard. Looks like @EaglePhan1986 @Godfather @mikemack8 and @Bwestbrook36 were all in attendance!  

@Moderator6 how many warning points do each of us get for participating in such an act? 

Also #freeshocker 

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2023 at 1:05 PM, hputenis said:

I found @olsilverhair.  He’s still recovering from his birthday party where he had his head smashed in with melons and mustard. Looks like @EaglePhan1986 @Godfather @mikemack8 and @Bwestbrook36 were all in attendance!  

Litty like a Effn booby bruh!

• Haha 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Litty like a Effn teety bruh!

On 3/31/2023 at 5:32 PM, HazletonEagle said:

They would because they did do that for people they knew were ignoring them. They trolled a lot and bullied a lot. The site is better without them

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, Procus said:

More to the point, I deleted a thread - and rightfully so.  It was about the FBI raid on Trump and a left wing orgy fest.  Of course, no raid on Biden for the same complained of violations.

Talking mean about your orange god isn't a reason to deny us our free speech!

shame-ring.gif

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 6:32 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Perhaps the dumbest suggestion I've read here. This place would be full of legally questionable material and notsee propaganda within a matter of hours. 

• Haha 2