Moderation transparency

Moderator6

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Perhaps the dumbest suggestion I've read here. This place would be full of legally questionable material and notsee propaganda within a matter of hours. 

I think you didn't read.  My post addresses things like not seeing propaganda.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think you didn't read.  My post addresses things like not seeing propaganda.

Your post was "we don't need moderation, but here's why we need moderation". We've also had incidents of doxing and people bringing other people's kids into ridiculous "e-beefs". Bottom line... we need moderation. Unless you are a complete ****, the moderation here shouldn't affect you. I've posted on the EMB since 2004 and never received so much as a point or a warning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Your post was "we don't need moderation, but here's why we need moderation". We've also had incidents of doxing and people bringing other people's kids into ridiculous "e-beefs". Bottom line... we need moderation. Unless you are a complete ****, the moderation here shouldn't affect you. I've posted on the EMB since 2004 and never received so much as a point or a warning. 

Wrong 

11 hours ago, Gannan said:

Nerd 

• Like 1

F, Chipotle gave me the ish today. It's just pouring out. Looks like a hershey flavor pre-workout shake I get at GNC

Probably a bad idea adding habanero's to it

I see Mod5 is back.... that's cool. Still got the same ghey avatar

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, EaglePhan1986 said:

This is still freakin hilarious 🤣

#freeShocker 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I made a youtube channel the other day. So far I have only posted 3 shorts, over the past 2 days. Today I got an email saying my channel was terminated due to severe or repeated violations.

I appealed it.

And my channel is already re-instated. They agreed that I actually did nothing wrong.

Its nice to be able to appeal.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I made a youtube channel the other day. So far I have only posted 3 shorts, over the past 2 days. Today I got an email saying my channel was terminated due to severe or repeated violations.

I appealed it.

And my channel is already re-instated. They agreed that I actually did nothing wrong.

Its nice to be able to appeal.

You were very lucky, one to get it reinstated, two to have it happen so fast. A couple of years ago, my main channel was terminated with no explanation given as to why and I had zero copyright strikes. I appealed but after about a month, it was denied. I appealed again, but never heard anything back from them. Then 4 or 5 months later, they finally reinstated it, but again with no explanation given as to why it was terminated and no reason given for why it was finally reinstated. 

Before that happened to my main channel, I was making somewhere between $2,000 and $2,500 per month in ad revenue. It never recovered after being reinstated. Since then, I've had two other channels get terminated with no copyright strikes and no explanations given, and all appeals denied out of hand.

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You were very lucky, one to get it reinstated, two to have it happen so fast. A couple of years ago, my main channel was terminated with no explanation given as to why and I had zero copyright strikes. I appealed but after about a month, it was denied. I appealed again, but never heard anything back from them. Then 4 or 5 months later, they finally reinstated it, but again with no explanation given as to why it was terminated and no reason given for why it was finally reinstated. 

Before that happened to my main channel, I was making somewhere between $2,000 and $2,500 per month in ad revenue. It never recovered after being reinstated. Since then, I've had two other channels get terminated with no copyright strikes and no explanations given, and all appeals denied out of hand.

If that becomes such solid source of income for people, I wonder if there is a lawsuit to be won somehow. Im sure they have tons written up mixed in with tons of words in terms of service and all that....

But when they do this without explanation, or very vague and it affects your income whether its a side hustle, or something that is used to promote a business, or your main source of income itself it seems they should be much more careful about abruptly deleting accounts without any warnings first.

Here is what I think happened to me.

I created this channel to post some mindless shorts that are making people money. Put up 3 videos. Decided to apply for an amazon affiliate link last night. So last night in each video I pinned a comment with a link to some books related to the topic of the short.

At first I thought they were accusing me of spamming, or the links being malicious in some way.

This happened while I was at my moms house and I was telling her this as I read their message. When I explained what my channel was I happened to mention that on a video about mindfulness I had linked to a mindfulness adult coloring book.

Right away that triggered in her head and she said I bet they got you for linking to adult content because of the word Adult.

So after I had already appealed in haste, I did a second appeal and focused on that specific link, explaining what an adult coloring book was. And letting them know its animal pictures. Nothing x-rated or explicit in any way. After that appeal was sent, I had my account back in about 6 minutes.

They must have some stupid computer reviewing content. Any human could have clicked my link and noticed that it was harmless.

As far as lawsuits go, I know for athletes- for instance a college athlete- may sue (malpractice/negligence/etc) and actually be compensated for expected income based on the notion that he was about to make millions as a professional. 

In this case, you have successful creators making hundreds of thousands, or millions even. If they have this very trigger happy dumb computerized content reviewer that automatically bans people without so much as a warning and that has done damage to your business- I feel like there may be a case there. 

For me I have 3 subscribers so far- myself, my wife who is in on this with me, and my mom. lol. And there are less than 50 views so far. Its not been discovered yet so no real damage was done. In your case- I think they owe you. They sent me an email with an apology and admitting their mistake. If you have an admission of guilt, and can prove damages- showing your ad revenue hasnt recovered... Might have something there. Possibly what you feel youve lost over that time, as well as what more you think you could have earned based on some trajectory of expected growth.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

If that becomes such solid source of income for people, I wonder if there is a lawsuit to be won somehow. Im sure they have tons written up mixed in with tons of words in terms of service and all that....

But when they do this without explanation, or very vague and it affects your income whether its a side hustle, or something that is used to promote a business, or your main source of income itself it seems they should be much more careful about abruptly deleting accounts without any warnings first.

Losing that income, definitely sucked. But it wasn't something that was making sure that I had food on the table, but I wish it would get back on track to get back to where it was, but I'm not counting on that happening.

I did see a video of one man who got demonetized within the past few months with no reason given. He said that he actually was depending on that income to feed his family and pay his bills.

He has over 300,000 subscribers, so his monthly income from it was likely really nice. It hit his household income so hard that he said that his wife had to go get a job just so that there was an income, and he (I think) was also looking for a job. He posted a video about it a few weeks ago after his appeal was denied, but I see that the video is gone now and he's back to making his regular videos. So maybe they re-instated his ability to earn income.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Losing that income, definitely sucked. But it wasn't something that was making sure that I had food on the table, but I wish it would get back on track to get back to where it was, but I'm not counting on that happening.

I did see a video of one man who got demonetized within the past few months with no reason given. He said that he actually was depending on that income to feed his family and pay his bills.

He has over 300,000 subscribers, so his monthly income from it was likely really nice. It hit his household income so hard that he said that his wife had to go get a job just so that there was an income, and he (I think) was also looking for a job. He posted a video about it a few weeks ago after his appeal was denied, but I see that the video is gone now and he's back to making his regular videos. So maybe they re-instated his ability to earn income.

I feel worse for you than for him.

IMO this wont last forever (at least what I am doing). And Im not sure anyone can predict how long this will last. That likely goes for a bunch of other niches too.

I dont care if I start making 50k a month from my channel. Im still working my regular job till I have enough money banked that I can retire on. My luck itll be hot for 2 months after Im monetized. Id quit my job and then the income stream comes to a halt after Ive only made like 100k. lol.

I suspect the niche that Im in right now is going to be short lived. Im hoping to get monetized and make some money before youtube cracks down on it. But its hot right now because they are really trying to take over the shortform market and attracting users from tiktok and whatever else to come post on their platform.Eventually, I think theyre going to say they need videos better than what I am doing, and demonetize what Im doing, or just pay very little for it. Im just trying to strike while the iron is hot.

Sounds like you were smart about it. 

Hell, not only are the lifespans of some niches unpredictable, now we know youtube is even worse. You never know when your channel is going to just disappear without warning.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I feel worse for you than for him.

IMO this wont last forever (at least what I am doing). And Im not sure anyone can predict how long this will last. That likely goes for a bunch of other niches too.

I dont care if I start making 50k a month from my channel. Im still working my regular job till I have enough money banked that I can retire on. My luck itll be hot for 2 months after Im monetized. Id quit my job and then the income stream comes to a halt after Ive only made like 100k. lol.

I suspect the niche that Im in right now is going to be short lived. Im hoping to get monetized and make some money before youtube cracks down on it. But its hot right now because they are really trying to take over the shortform market and attracting users from tiktok and whatever else to come post on their platform.Eventually, I think theyre going to say they need videos better than what I am doing, and demonetize what Im doing, or just pay very little for it. Im just trying to strike while the iron is hot.

Sounds like you were smart about it. 

Hell, not only are the lifespans of some niches unpredictable, now we know youtube is even worse. You never know when your channel is going to just disappear without warning.

You definitely can't depend on YouTube as a long term career, even if it's making 'career income' because it definitely can go away in an instant and for no apparent reason. Get what you can while you can and enjoy it... or save it for a rainy day. 

If I get back to where I was before being demonetized, I'd just fund EMB out of pocket and any Amazon/Ad revenue would just be a bit of help in that.

• 2 months later...

It appears I strayed outside "the rules” today.  I went looking for a copy of them, since I had never seen them, but couldn’t find them.  Can you point me in the right direction to brush up on what those rules are?  Thanks.

Matt

11 hours ago, mattwill said:

It appears I strayed outside "the rules” today.  I went looking for a copy of them, since I had never seen them, but couldn’t find them.  Can you point me in the right direction to brush up on what those rules are?  Thanks.

Matt

Pinned in TATE, Around the NFL and What's Up.

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/1751-new-emb-guidelines/

On 3/29/2023 at 2:58 AM, Moderator6 said:

DUM, 4for4, Toronto and others would tag me, send me quotes and screen shots via pm.  DUM kept screen shots of things from the old board going back years, it was creepy.  He stalked people he had problems with and reported them all the time.  These guys didn't get called snitches in the forums despite them quoting posts and tagging me.  

Hmm.

Did he turn up at a bar with them printed out while staring at you from afar all night? 

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 12:57 AM, EaglePhan1986 said:

Where’s olsilversack? 

I’m in RnR 

On 3/31/2023 at 10:34 AM, Godfather said:

@olsilverhairis holding a Trump rally at his trailer park. @EaglePhan1986 are you taking @hputenisas your date? 

I’ve been banned to this trailer park, I just mod 5s trailer and outhouse