Moderation transparency

Moderator6

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

There's already a massive amount of protein in a Chipotle bowl with chicken.  A shake would be excess protein and it would cause Olsilverbags to just sheet it all out with no nutritional value.  Luckily @mikemack8 would be there to lick up the scraps.  It would be like our own little version of the Human Sheeting Centipede.  

You could always fan it out for dramatic effect

XQ1Mtj.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Godfather said:

#freePhilipOut

#freeGrammis

#freeJock

#freedownunderkaren

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

#freedownunderkaren

#freeMod5

51 minutes ago, Eagz said:

You could always fan it out for dramatic effect

XQ1Mtj.gif

The saddest part about this grotesque clip is it might not even be in the top 3 in this movie.  🤮

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

There could have been a bunch in the blog yesterday as someone who has managed to not get banned in the previous drama and claims no inolvement decided to troll for no reason about the Phillies. 

There could have been, there's an icon near the Liberty Bell and PM envelope that informs when there's a report similar to when you have a new notification, so I can see when there's reported content, and I didn't notice any yesterday (that I can recall). 

Spoiler

image.png

35 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The saddest part about this grotesque clip is it might not even be in the top 3 in this movie.  🤮

Yup. Those scenes with the baby are hard to forget.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hputenis said:

What movie is it?  Can't say that I've seen it based on that clip

3 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

No reports, no one else brining that to our attention.  I just scrolled that conversation.  It's his opinion on a sports topic, others have different opinions and people are attacking him for it.  Others are replying and debating him, and he is replying. That's not trolling.  That's a sports debate.  He suggested one reply to him was a personal insult, do you have a problem with that perceived insult toward him?  Or only his opinions because you don't like him?

If everyone would stop engaging him and then he continues to just rant about the Phillies and people have asked him to stop over and over and he just continues, that's where I'd step in and warn.  So you're crying about unfair moderation instead of telling guys to stop replying to him. Don't like seeing his posts? Put him on ignore. Don't like that the conversation is happening, post in the forum to ask everyone to stop replying to him.  They might continue to engage him, then what?  You don't like the conversation, step away from it or scroll.

Transparency: I will tell you that during the World Series he was trashing the Phillies way too much and ruining the enjoyment of the WS for fans, so I gave him warnings points then.  People publicly complained about him and reported the posts.

This is a sports debate.  Just like people arguing about Hurts, which draft pick to take, Howie has us in cap hell and sucks at drafting, etc.  There are plenty of posters who repeat the same sports opinions over and over.  It's a sports message board with people arguing sports opinions.  You seem to only care about the ones who do it that you don't like, or are some some perceived "side." 

The guidelines are pretty clear on how to handle these situations.

I pretty much scrolled passed catching a few words of each post as i skimmed. 

Just noticed a lot of people annoyed.

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Are you guys allowed to take action without reports?

The Mods have the ability to moderate regardless of reports, but the 'offending' posts (or whatever it may be that needs moderating), has to be seen to be moderated. I don't moderate, but let's say for a moment that I did. Because of everything that I have going on, I don't have the time to read a whole lot of posts (in most cases, on most days). So without the report feature, I'd see very few posts that may or may not need moderating. 

So the report feature is helpful there... though it can be something that's also abused/used for things that really don't need to be reported. 

An example of that is from me, myself years ago on the old EMB. I knew that the report feature would get a Mod's attention. So on gameday, I'd 'report' the gameday thread to ask for it to be unlocked (there were a couple of occasions, before that feature existed that the GDT wasn't unlocked until after the game had already begun).

What I didn't know was that there was a fairly new feature (new at that time) whereby locked threads could be scheduled to automatically unlock and the GDT's were scheduled to unlock at a specific time. Eventually, a Mod PMd me and let me know about that feature, so I didn't have to use the report button to ask for it to be unlocked.

So not all 'reports' are for 'legit' reporting reasons. 

3 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Who did that? DUM? 

He wasn't banned, he left on his own.

3 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Except for continuing to bring up the same things, and ignoring my replies engaging in the conversation you claim you wanted to have, yeah you've totally moved on.  :rolleyes:

I need a confused face reaction. 

33 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

What movie is it?  Can't say that I've seen it based on that clip

Trainspotting. Definitely a must watch but it’s disturbing to say the least!

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Mods have the ability to moderate regardless of reports, but the 'offending' posts (or whatever it may be that needs moderating), has to be seen to be moderated.

Yeah.  There should be a mod who is a very active blog contributer. Since it's such an active thread,  it only makes sense to use someone who sees it all the time to help moderate. 

And I know someone interested, who is not me.  I believe they may have already reached out to you,  possibly. 

5 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Howie has us in cap hell and sucks at drafting, etc. 

Wrong

On 3/29/2023 at 3:56 PM, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’s @Godfather’s fault that I’m so immature and it’s definitely his fault that @hputenis keeps pm’ing you nudes and offering free blowies at every tailgate behind the porto potties in lot c 

whoa there, that was him ? 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

whoa there, that was him ? 

How's olsilver**** after that bullitt train? 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

This thread is sexy like a chocolate strawberry 

Sexy like a crooked tooth slapper

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Sexy like a crooked tooth slapper

bow to your new King Charles, captain manigott

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah.  There should be a mod who is a very active blog contributer. Since it's such an active thread,  it only makes sense to use someone who sees it all the time to help moderate. 

And I know someone interested, who is not me.  I believe they may have already reached out to you,  possibly. 

I guarantee you that if a mod were browsing the blog all day and giving out warnings, people will then complain that we're over moderating, they feel watched all day, they'll ask why we're not hanging out in other topics looking over their shoulder, they'll say we're nit picking and then keep score and say why aren't we also giving warnings to this other poster and stuff like that.

You think a mod should browse the blog all day, others might think no stay away and let people enjoy and only worry about reported posts.  Everyone has different opinions.

If you haven't noticed, posters complain no matter what we do, or don't do.  No matter how we do it.  Can't make everyone happy.

13 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

bow to your new King Charles, captain manigott

Bow to @EaglePhan1986 for he is your true king

14 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I guarantee you that if a mod were browsing the blog all day and giving out warnings, people will then complain that we're over moderating, they feel watched all day, they'll ask why we're not hanging out in other topics looking over their shoulder, they'll say we're nit picking and then keep score and say why aren't we also giving warnings to this other poster and stuff like that.

You think a mod should browse the blog all day, others might think no stay away and let people enjoy and only worry about reported posts.  Everyone has different opinions.

If you haven't noticed, posters complain no matter what we do, or don't do.  No matter how we do it.  Can't make everyone happy.

If the blog likes to report, it seems those people would be happy to have a mod a lot.

I can tell you they wouldnt like to have a mod telling them to stay on topic about football. But they would like a mod keeping trolling at bay, and keeping CVON topics like politics and religion out.

• Like 1