June 26, 20251 yr 20 minutes ago, Khani1 said:Don’t you like his game?He’s fine, but between Maxey, McCain, VJ, and Grimes, we’ve got too many guards. Grimes seems the most tradeable.
June 26, 20251 yr 6 minutes ago, Blazehound said:He’s fine, but between Maxey, McCain, VJ, and Grimes, we’ve got too many guards. Grimes seems the most tradeable.I prefer to keep all 4, at least for a year or two.
June 26, 20251 yr Back at the hotel room. Thoughts. I don't hate this pick. I didn't have at scenario where VJ was my top choice and that's because I wanted size, rather than another guard. I did hate the Maxey pick. I did hate the McCain pick. Both of those guys made fans out if me real quick. Can't say I hate this one but I almost wish I could. Lol.I think he will be good playing off of the gravity of our other guys. Id like to see Grimes start, and bring in VJ off the bench for his defense. My worst case comp for him is Springer, a very athletic defensive guard without offensive creation ability. But I think that's very unlikely, as I think Edgecombe is already better, and his athleticism shows up much more in game than Springers did. If he learns to create fire himself, he could be a prime Oladipo or even a Jimmy Butler type. Stylistically ( not overall talent), the dunks he makes remind me of Morant, so it will be an exciting thing to watch him hopefully grow. His hops are a joy to watch. I think him, Maxey, and McCain will get along well and that's a great thing if he learns their work ethic. Should bode well for development.
June 26, 20251 yr Author 7 hours ago, Blazehound said:He’s fine, but between Maxey, McCain, VJ, and Grimes, we’ve got too many guards. Grimes seems the most tradeable.isn’t grimes a free agent?
June 26, 20251 yr 1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:isn’t grimes a free agent?He’s a restricted free agent, so 76ers hold his rights. They could negotiate a sign and trade. In my mind, with Maxey, McCain and VJ, I feel as though he won’t get enough burn, which will hurt his value. Trade while his value is high.
June 26, 20251 yr 35 minutes ago, Blazehound said:He’s a restricted free agent, so 76ers hold his rights. They could negotiate a sign and trade. In my mind, with Maxey, McCain and VJ, I feel as though he won’t get enough burn, which will hurt his value. Trade while his value is high.I really don't think VJ needs to start right away. Bring him off the bench for D.Or, Grimes or McCain could come off the bench as a scorer and get near starters minutes in that role. Backing up both the 1 and the 2 spot.
June 26, 20251 yr Top target has to be Fleming 6'9" with a 7'5" wingspan who is a really good athlete and showed he can space the floor last year. Don't expect him to create offense for you but a Herb Jones cloneRaynaud, C, really good offensive talent who can space the floor but can he survive on the defensive end Kalkbrenner, C, who has shown he can spread the floor and is an anchor on the defensive end Kam Jones, wing, who doesn't have a position but is just a hooper. Probably won't start for you but can play in playoff situations.Thiero, switchable wing who can defend multiple spots but is a work in progress on the offensive end Either Duke guard left would be awesome but they don't need another guard
June 26, 20251 yr 33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:Top target has to be Fleming6'9" with a 7'5" wingspan who is a really good athlete and showed he can space the floor last year. Don't expect him to create offense for you but a Herb Jones cloneRaynaud, C, really good offensive talent who can space the floor but can he survive on the defensive endKalkbrenner, C, who has shown he can spread the floor and is an anchor on the defensive endKam Jones, wing, who doesn't have a position but is just a hooper. Probably won't start for you but can play in playoff situations.Thiero, switchable wing who can defend multiple spots but is a work in progress on the offensive endEither Duke guard left would be awesome but they don't need another guardYour first 3 plus Thiero were the ones I planned to keep an eye on.
June 26, 20251 yr What's your prediction for the day? Sixers pick in round 2.I'd like to get Maxime Reynaud, C, Stanford.Maybe Adou Thiero, PF, Arkansas.
June 26, 20251 yr Fleming and Thiero should be the top two targets. I would be disappointed if we didn’t nab one of them.
June 26, 20251 yr 6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:Top target has to be Fleming6'9" with a 7'5" wingspan who is a really good athlete and showed he can space the floor last year. Don't expect him to create offense for you but a Herb Jones cloneRaynaud, C, really good offensive talent who can space the floor but can he survive on the defensive endKalkbrenner, C, who has shown he can spread the floor and is an anchor on the defensive endKam Jones, wing, who doesn't have a position but is just a hooper. Probably won't start for you but can play in playoff situations.Thiero, switchable wing who can defend multiple spots but is a work in progress on the offensive endEither Duke guard left would be awesome but they don't need another guardHow interesting would it be to draft Raynaud? The new era could be based on pace and athleticism.
June 26, 20251 yr For those who follow more closely than I do…how is the fit?What’s your ideal lineup for 2026 when VJ is in year 2? 2027? How does one of McCain or Maxey avoid becoming the guard version of Jahlil Okafor…
June 26, 20251 yr 8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:For those who follow more closely than I do…how is the fit?What’s your ideal lineup for 2026 when VJ is in year 2? 2027? How does one of McCain or Maxey avoid becoming the guard version of Jahlil Okafor…The young core for probably at least 1-2 years will be Maxey, McCain, Grimes, VJ, Edwards, Bona and if we draft a good guy in the 2nd, him too.
June 26, 20251 yr Just now, Khani1 said:The young core for probably at least 1-2 years will be Maxey, McCain, Grimes, VJ, Edwards, Bona and if we draft a good guy in the 2nd, him too.That may be the core, but how does that translate into 5 guys on the court? I’m not trying to criticize, just wondering what the ideal lineup is in 2 years.
June 26, 20251 yr Just now, eagle45 said:That may be the core, but how does that translate into 5 guys on the court? I’m not trying to criticize, just wondering what the ideal lineup is in 2 years.Seeing that we are stuck with Embiid and Paul George, the only trade chip we have is Maxey.Morey will tank for the next 4 years.
June 26, 20251 yr 1 minute ago, eagle45 said:That may be the core, but how does that translate into 5 guys on the court? I’m not trying to criticize, just wondering what the ideal lineup is in 2 years.This team will not be a contender for a few years. Need PG and Joel’s contracts to come off the books and let the young guys play for a couple years to gain experience. This year we will have Kelly Oubre, Joel, PG, Eric Gordon, and Drummond on the roster in addition to the guys I mentioned.
June 26, 20251 yr 1 minute ago, CouchKing said:Seeing that we are stuck with Embiid and Paul George, the only trade chip we have is Maxey.Morey will tank for the next 4 years.We will be too good to tank, even with both Joel and PG never seeing the floor.
June 26, 20251 yr 1 minute ago, eagle45 said:That may be the core, but how does that translate into 5 guys on the court? I’m not trying to criticize, just wondering what the ideal lineup is in 2 years.VJ is a guard but should be a low usage player for likely longer than the first 2 years. He doesnt create really for himself, or others. Think of him as a Ben Simmons who will actually shoot from 3 (albeit not very well). Hes a defensive stopper who will be best utilized in the dunker spot, or as a cutter without the ball.He pretty much needs one of Maxey or McCain on the court with him at all times.Hes a guard, but hes not a PG (really none of them are). So he needs a primary ball handler, which is security for those other 2.Grimes is a good, consistent scorer who some solid defense.The most in danger is Oubre. Can be traded at some point for cap relief.
Create an account or sign in to comment