Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

On 7/7/2025 at 10:43 PM, rambo said:

My guess is his thumb falls off within the week.

6 hours ago, Khani1 said:

VJ 2027combe

Just saying whistle

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 423k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Can this team play without Embiid? If Embiid can't go.

Will Paul George be injured again? Is he done? Is he faking it? can he still play?

Will Paul George play without Embiid?

Is VJ Edgecombe out for the year with a thumb injury?

Will McCain be back this year?

I think Drummond is still hurt too, probably.

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Can this team play without Embiid? If Embiid can't go.

Will Paul George be injured again? Is he done? Is he faking it? can he still play?

Will Paul George play without Embiid?

Is VJ Edgecombe out for the year with a thumb injury?

Will McCain be back this year?

I think Drummond is still hurt too, probably.

No, because they don't have another NBA quality center on the roster.

Yes. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

Yes. If healthy. Big if.

No. But I don't think they were honest about the severity. I suspect it was dislocated.

Yes.

He doesn't even matter.

I always think itd be fun to go to vegas this time of year and get cheap tickets to watch exciting rookies play summer league. Then again, the 6ers make be second guess it.

This is actually pretty tough

image.png

I wish this guy was a center. This is all I want in a center. Rebounding and put backs. Not a ball stopping turnover machine. I wish he was more than 6'8''. He looks like what Drummond would ideally be.

So, Morey's interview seemed a little bit shaky when speaking on if Embiid would be ready in time for camp. Morey didnt just say yes. He said yes and followed it up with "that would be my best anticipation." Thats not a solid answer. That was a qualifier that left it open to question.

Now there are reports he hasnt begun any on court activities.

The Sixers‘ superstar big man underwent the procedure in April, making it the second operation on the troublesome meniscus injury in the past 12 months.

The hope was that by having the surgery early, Embiid would be ready for the start of the 2025-26 season. However, according to a report from The Athletic’s Tony Jones, Embiid is yet to begin on-court basketball activities.

"It’s been almost a year and a half since the knee injury he suffered at Golden State derailed him for most of the 2024-25 season, and Morey says Embiid is ‘on track’ to be healthy for training camp, the start of the preseason and the start of the regular season,” Jones wrote. "League sources tell The Athletic that Embiid still hasn’t returned to on-court basketball activities. That said, Morey and the front office remain optimistic that Embiid will be on the floor for the season opener.”

Typically with a menisectomy, you are talking weeks, not months to get back to playing.

I dont know exactly what Joel had done in April, but considering he had the menisectomy during the season, Im not sure there would be anything in there to be repaired in April, as the old injury would have been cut out during his initial surgery.

So, this makes no sense.

Theres a point in this video where McCain says, "I kept asking them whats my plan for summer league and they never responded."

One can only imagine he is talking about the 6ers. And...wtf????????

image.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wish I could remember the interview I saw where PG said he rushed back from the knee injury he had to be on the court. I feel like he might have indicated he could have had surgery back then but didnt.

Now, the team will pretend like this is a new issue when he gets surgery weeks before camp.

They are not telling us the injury. Assume a meniscus. But a major detail is whether it was repaired or removed. Thats a difference of weeks, or 6+ months for recovery. We just get, "will be reevaluated". F this team.

Ok. John Clark says it was a clean out. No major ligaments. So, meniscus. Clean out not repair. So thats good. Still bet it isnt actually a new thing.

A source familiar with the injury to Paul George says the surgery today was basically an arthroscopic cleanup and did not involve injuring any of the major ligaments. I’m told he was injured during a recent basketball workout. He will rehab and be reevaluated at the start of training camp in over several months. The Sixers must be having nightmares with injury after injury.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ok. John Clark says it was a clean out. No major ligaments. So, meniscus. Clean out not repair. So thats good. Still bet it isnt actually a new thing.

A source familiar with the injury to Paul George says the surgery today was basically an arthroscopic cleanup and did not involve injuring any of the major ligaments. I’m told he was injured during a recent basketball workout. He will rehab and be reevaluated at the start of training camp in over several months. The Sixers must be having nightmares with injury after injury.

If he starts, his role is relegated to stand in the corner and shoot 3’s, defend and rebound.

In Bizarro World, these guys have won multiple championships together

file_000000006f5861f5b869d521e51a1e7d.png

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I wish I could remember the interview I saw where PG said he rushed back from the knee injury he had to be on the court. I feel like he might have indicated he could have had surgery back then but didnt.

Now, the team will pretend like this is a new issue when he gets surgery weeks before camp.

They are not telling us the injury. Assume a meniscus. But a major detail is whether it was repaired or removed. Thats a difference of weeks, or 6+ months for recovery. We just get, "will be reevaluated". F this team.

The Sixers are the biggest pack of charlatans and liars regarding injuries.

Season ticket holders should sue them for fraudulent misrepresentation of product.

In the same week, it went from Morey anticipating healthy players to start training camp to very likely Embiid and Paul George not starting the season.

14 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ok. John Clark says it was a clean out. No major ligaments. So, meniscus. Clean out not repair. So thats good. Still bet it isnt actually a new thing.

A source familiar with the injury to Paul George says the surgery today was basically an arthroscopic cleanup and did not involve injuring any of the major ligaments. I’m told he was injured during a recent basketball workout. He will rehab and be reevaluated at the start of training camp in over several months. The Sixers must be having nightmares with injury after injury.

A surgery is still a surgery for a guy on the back half of his career ain't great no matter how it is spun by those idiots

15 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

A surgery is still a surgery for a guy on the back half of his career ain't great no matter how it is spun by those idiots

That medical staff is horrible as well

Let's go, Daryl. Let's get on the Grimes contract.

At the rate they are going with injuries, the Sixers will need to pay Grimes more and more.

Update:

I don't know why I keep looking for news about the Sixers signing Grimes.

I need to lower my expectations overall for Morey.

Maybe we will sign Grimes late in September, or not at all.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Never doubted his talent, did doubt his commitment early on to his body/conditioning......have always doubted him being able to deliver a championship not so much because of ability (Or health) but more his overall demeanor.

WEEKS AFTER the locker room altercation in November, the Sixers held a closed-door meeting to address the team's calamitous 2-11 start.

Details of the meeting leaked the following day. Maxey, whom Embiid considers one of his best friends, confronted Embiid about being late for team events and dragging the morale of the group down.

Embiid told a reporter, "Whoever leaked that is a real piece of s---." He reportedly vowed to find the source.

"I know who leaked it," Embiid tells me during a late-night phone call after the season ends.

"You do?"

"Yeah, but I'm not going to -- the past is the past," Embiid says. "The one thing I'll say is, it's hard being around people that do those sorts of stuff.

"That goes back to the trust thing. Once you cross that -- you can't expect me to be part of a team meeting again. That's just not going to happen."

"The way you're talking, it sounds like this person is still around," I say.

"I don't know," he says.

"Come on, Joel, you know who's on your team right now," I say, laughing.

"Free agency just started," he says. "I don't know what's going on."

"So there's a chance this person may not be around next season," I say.

"No," he says. "There's a chance they're still around

Gordon, Lowry, Drummond?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.