Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Well, there was a guy with the last name of Grimes on a facebook group. 2 days ago said Quentin Grimes is back and we will hear about it soon. In the same post said theyd waive Council. And should re-sign Simmons on a vet min.

I guess we will see if this is our Gaylord Focker of the 6ers.

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 423k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

On 7/25/2025 at 7:37 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Well, there was a guy with the last name of Grimes on a facebook group. 2 days ago said Quentin Grimes is back and we will hear about it soon. In the same post said theyd waive Council. And should re-sign Simmons on a vet min.

I guess we will see if this is our Gaylord Focker of the 6ers.

I saw a rumor online somewhere that Grimes will be signed in August for a strong number to a shorter deal. Not very specific, but something positive.

I posted that we should trade PG for LeBron and sign Ben Simmons.

Don't see LA trading LeBron. And, the Ben Simmons breakup was a little acrimonious / messy.

So, neither of these things will happen.

Just thinking there might be another move or two to be made, like trading Oubre and Drummond, signing a minimum level or MLE free agent perhaps.

If not, I guess we're good to go, for now.

PG and Embiid injuries are still the major issue holding back the team.

If Embiid retires, he walks away from guaranteed money? I doubt he retires.

If he doesn't play for a whole year (last game he played in was Feb 22, 2025), Sixers can declare him medically unable to play.

I think they would still be on the hook for the guaranteed money or a negotiated buyout or insurance would pay out if they have it, but it would no longer count against the cap.

Is this what we're watching play out?

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

If Embiid retires, he walks away from guaranteed money? I doubt he retires.

If he doesn't play for a whole year (last game he played in was Feb 22, 2025), Sixers can declare him medically unable to play.

I think they would still be on the hook for the guaranteed money or a negotiated buyout or insurance would pay out if they have it, but it would no longer count against the cap.

Is this what we're watching play out?

I thought provisions were written into his contract that would void the guarantees upon a catastrophic injury?

5 hours ago, Blazehound said:

I thought provisions were written into his contract that would void the guarantees upon a catastrophic injury?

His initial extension had an injury clause in it. He has had 2 extensions after that one and I'm not sure if that clause is still there. Never been reported again.

Marcus Morris arrested over the weekend in Florida on fraud charges.

Kuminga was offered 2/40. Giddey is said to be 10M a year apart on a deal. Both players were asking for 30/yr. Sounds like theyre both being offered 20/yr. I imagine the situation is the same for Grimes.

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Kuminga was offered 2/40. Giddey is said to be 10M a year apart on a deal. Both players were asking for 30/yr. Sounds like theyre both being offered 20/yr. I imagine the situation is the same for Grimes.

Hmm. Collusion?

I would pay Grimes $21-22mil for 4 years just to be different, make him happier than the other players and piss off the other GMs.

I dont think collusion. I just think that with the cap structure, every team is pretty much in the same boat. Every team is capped out, and they have a certain amount they can offer until they hit the tax, or the 1st apron, or the 2nd apron. That is whats creating the friction between players asking for a number, and teams not being able to meet them there.

Yeah, but, if 3 teams come out and say $20mil on the nose, it looks funny to me.

And, in the shopping around for sign and trade deals, teams are probably sharing what they think they will sign the player for, which probably needs to be approved by the acquiring team.

I don't think there will be any sign and trades.

And, I expect the Sixers to take their sweet time signing Grimes.

Gotta fit that business in with sipping pina coladas at Trader Vic's down the shore in Avalon.

On a side note, we should sign this Castleton guy for the G League team.

Former Sixers Big Man Cut Loose By Raptors

  • Author

Grimes is a good scorer on a bad team…I don’t know if he’ll ever be more than that.

54 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Grimes is a good scorer on a bad team…I don’t know if he’ll ever be more than that.

bad team. That's what we are.

Sounds like he fits right in then.

I don't know what he'll be, but he's better value than we're gonna get out of Embiid.

Maxey working

image.png

absolutely crazy asking price, as Kuminga continues to decline their 2/45 offer.

Warriors Looking For Unprotected...
No image preview

Warriors Looking For Unprotected First-Round Pick Plus 'G...

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

absolutely crazy asking price, as Kuminga continues to decline their 2/45 offer.

Warriors Looking For Unprotected...
No image preview

Warriors Looking For Unprotected First-Round Pick Plus 'G...

Perfect example why the NBA is turning off a lot of casual fans, myself included.

22 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Perfect example why the NBA is turning off a lot of casual fans, myself included.

This is actually an interesting story line, though maybe a little drawn out at this point.

Not a turn off for me. Others are already signed for much more than Kuminga is being offered.

Warriors should be offering a generous and long contract. Not 2 at $45. Should be 4 at $90. Looks like they don't want to keep Kuminga.

It's actually in their interest to have talent on their team in 4 years from now. Who knows where they will be?

What turns me off is things like:

-Sixers selling season tickets, box seats, and advertising as though Embiid and PG are going to play and compete this year. This is a big fraud.

-Fans lining up to buy tickets to see All Stars come to town only for the stars to sit out. Another fraud. Big let down called load management.

-Players picking their destination to form Big 3's. I'm looking at you LeBron and Shaq, Prob others.

-LA always gets the stars. Goodness, doesn't the basketball court tilt in their favor constantly?

Okay, Daryl Morey and Elton Brand. Let's go.

It's August. Get to work.

The MLB Trade Deadline News cycle will wind down in a day or so.

Players report to their new teams. Big press conferences.

And, then it's your turn.

Here's your schedule.

Sign Grimes by next Friday.

Grimes comes to town for his press conference the following Monday.

Plenty of time to gather players around the Sixers facility to welcome him aboard.

Maybe even an opportunity to sell some Sixers jerseys.

So when does this waste of a season begin?

10 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

So when does this waste of a season begin?

Training camp starts around Sept 25.

Season starts around Oct 21.

The Sacramento Kings have offered Jonathan Kuminga a three-year, $63 million contract in restricted free agency with the Golden State Warriors acquiring Malik Monk and a future first round pick. The Warriors would have to unload salary in order to stay below the first apron, which would likely mean a trade of Moses Moody or Buddy Hield.

Sources say the pick is the primary sticking point with the Warriors wanting it unprotected. Sacramento is offering their 2030 first round pick with a lottery protection. If the pick doesn't convert, the Warriors would get the least favorable of the kings or San Antonio Spurs' first round pick in 2031.

The Kings view Kuminga as a young talent that can play power forward and allow Keegan Murray to shift to small forward.

Talks between the Warriors and Phoenix Suns haven't progressed to a serious point.

  • Author

IMG_8080.jpeg

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

IMG_8080.jpeg

What a bunch of morons

I said it back when Daryl gave his press conference. He was asked about Embiid being ready. And Daryl said yes. And followed it up that something like "thats my best estimation". I knew when he added the qualifier, that he knew he was lying to everyone by saying yes.

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

IMG_8080.jpeg

76ers are cooked for the rest of this decade

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.