Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

38 minutes ago, Procus said:

Firing is the easy part. Who will be his replacement - and will he do any better?

His drafting was pretty darn good. But it wasnt nearly enough to overcome the fraud that he is with all other decisions involved in running the team. Im not concerned about replacing him at all.

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 422.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t have brought back Nick nurse. I would let Bob Myers pick his own head coach. Frankly nurse should be fired because 4 out of the 7 losses in the playoffs were by 30+ points. as a head coach should not be getting blown out by 30+ points in 4 playoff games. Add on game one of the entire playoffs you managed to get blown out by 30 and you also ran Maxey into the ground in the regular season by not distributing minutes for McCain properly which helped lead to the trade

The one tiny argument for Nurse is that he has been given a shiddy hand from day 1 with this roster. Come for Embiid/Harden/Maxey and end up with just Maxey pretty much.

Trade for George, then you dont have George either. Hyperextended knee.

The roster never really came together. And thats mainly on Daryl.

Since the FO is stupid, they must believe Nurse can do a better job with some stability. Now, how to get him that roster stability? No idea how and when thatll come.

Theres also the possibility that they just feel bad about firing Nurse a few days after his brother died....

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

His drafting was pretty darn good. But it wasnt nearly enough to overcome the fraud that he is with all other decisions involved in running the team. Im not concerned about replacing him at all.

He was fired for those massive bad contracts he handed out. The McCain trade came from ownership.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

The one tiny argument for Nurse is that he has been given a shiddy hand from day 1 with this roster. Come for Embiid/Harden/Maxey and end up with just Maxey pretty much.

Trade for George, then you dont have George either. Hyperextended knee.

The roster never really came together. And thats mainly on Daryl.

Since the FO is stupid, they must believe Nurse can do a better job with some stability. Now, how to get him that roster stability? No idea how and when thatll come.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Theres also the possibility that they just feel bad about firing Nurse a few days after his brother died....

I really think it comes down to that Celtic series. I think if they would’ve lost in five that he was also gone. But the fact that the team rallied and beat them, I think saved his job. I just wouldn’t have brought him back unless Bob Myers was all about bringing him back. I would’ve let him go and let Bob Myers pick his own head coach. Frankly, it bothers me when you lose in the playoffs by 30+ in nearly 40% of your playoff games. I get his roster construction wasn’t great, but there’s other teams with not great roster constructions not accumulating 4 30+ losses

1 minute ago, Procus said:

He was fired for those massive bad contracts he handed out. The McCain trade came from ownership.

It may not have, really. For all we know ownership told him to get below the tax. Trading McCain was a choice, but not the only option he had to get below the tax. It as a poor choice. And bad value to make it even worse.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really think it comes down to that Celtic series. I think if they would’ve lost in five that he was also gone. But the fact that the team rallied and beat them, I think saved his job. I just wouldn’t have brought him back unless Bob Myers was all about bringing him back. I would’ve let him go and let Bob Myers pick his own head coach. Frankly, it bothers me when you lose in the playoffs by 30+ in nearly 40% of your playoff games. I get his roster construction wasn’t great, but there’s other teams with not great roster constructions not accumulating 4 30+ losses

Yeah they lose in embarrassing fashion.

I still think that the team should be better prepared to play in games without Embiid also. Its not as though its a shock when he is not on the court. Yet when he is out, the team often looks lost because their whole offense is out the window.

That was abundantly clear last year when their supposed timeline included him missing the season opener because he was injured from playing in the olympics. Yet...they were completely unprepared for it even though it was supposed to be the plan all along.

They havent gotten any better.

I get that it is hard to be on again off again all the time. Is he playing, is he not. But they dont look like theres any plan.

I think thats inexcusable. But, apparently the team says its excused.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah they lose in embarrassing fashion.

I still think that the team should be better prepared to play in games without Embiid also. Its not as though its a shock when he is not on the court. Yet when he is out, the team often looks lost because their whole offense is out the window.

That was abundantly clear last year when their supposed timeline included him missing the season opener because he was injured from playing in the olympics. Yet...they were completely unprepared for it even though it was supposed to be the plan all along.

They havent gotten any better.

I get that it is hard to be on again off again all the time. Is he playing, is he not. But they dont look like theres any plan.

I think thats inexcusable. But, apparently the team says its excused.

Yup. I’ve felt this way for a while, whenever the sixers fire him, he’s going to get another 2 maybe even 3 jobs after that. Going to live off kawhi winning him a title like doc lived off the Celtics constructing that Allen, KG and Pierce with rondo roster and then is mediocre the rest of his career

  • Author

IMG_8840.jpeg

Rumor: considered a longshot of course, but a trade possibility for Embiid is Sacramento swapping embiid for Sabonis.

I wonder if we will bring in a GM who is big on player development. And maybe dictates to the coach to play young guys.

Feels like the 6ers are high on Dalen Terry. Consider that they paid a buyout to bring Cam Payne back to the league from overseas, and released him to sign Terry to a real contract.

You'd think that indicates Terry is a guy they intend to keep around for a bit.

I feel like him and Beauchamp are players who can help a team if allowed to grow in a role, similarly to Champagnie, and Haywood Highsmith.

Will we do anything to sign Grimes, Oubre, or Drummond?

Modest 2 year deals? Nothing? Longer for Grimes?

11 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

what’s billy king up to these days?

Probably a good ole boy, old timer GM gonna get a payday from the sixers on a 4-5 year deal.

Great! They fired Morey! Now just fire the coach, Embiid, George
and YOURSELF and the 76ers are on the road to recovery!!

  • Author
23 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Great! They fired Morey! Now just fire the coach, Embiid, George
and YOURSELF and the 76ers are on the road to recovery!!

morey’s bad contracts will hurt this team for years. if the new gm can move pg or joel without giving up valuable picks, I’ll be shocked.

so, morey got fired? out of a cannon, right?

  • Author
2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t think his "selling high” comments after the trade helped his case.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well of course they approved it. It got them below the tax.

  • Author

ugh…not some dum-dum college dropout former player.

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

" Shams says the Sixers’ new hire to replace Daryl Morey "will partner with Bob Myers.” "

New GM will be his sock puppet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.