May 24May 24 Sixers could just hire Jameer Nelson and be done with it.There are probably many folks that would sign up for the sheet sandwich situation that is the Sixers President.I would sign up because I have no problem inheriting a sheet roster and working as a puppet for Bob Myers.Even that sheet sandwich would be good enough for me (a nobody) and many aspiring sports managers.Jameer Nelson can't do worse than Morey. So, give him a 4 or 5 year deal to straighten it out.Most of that time will be encumbered by the Embiid and PG contracts.Here is a great article by Nicolas Kyle Pring.76ers may not need to look far for their next team presidentI don't understand why the author has a picture of Morey when the article is mostly about Jameer Nelson and somewhat about Bob Myers.What is with the laziness / lack of editorial judgement in not finding an appropriate picture for the article?Here is a picture that Bleacher Report posted with their article 3 days ago. Good work, BR.
May 26May 26 Watching the eastern conference, the Knicks are clearly the best team in the conference. Still think both Okc and spurs are better but spurs/Okc blood bath might give the Knicks a better shot as they got to sweep the last 2 rounds.However, I also think the Eastern conference is not nearly as good as the west and been overrated all year. The fact that the Celtics were the two seed and Jayson Tatum played 16 games all year puts it into perspective. I never really thought the Pistons were a good number 1 seed. They kind of reminded me of the 2020-21 Sixers. Where they had one really great player (Cunningham) and then a bunch of guys who exceeded expectations in the regular season and in the playoffs their flaws were exposed. It’s why Orlando had a chance to win that series in a game 7. Any team with harden isn’t winning anything. He’s a loser and Cleveland struggled with a so-so raptors team. Sixers have no depth and Embiid can’t stay healthy (as he got banged up playing in 4 Celtics games). Atlanta is a fringe playoff team. I’d add pacers not having Haliburton all year kind of eliminated one of the top 4 teams in the east.
May 26May 26 Interesting thought: how does the upcoming draft changes affect the value of the 1st Round Picks we got in the various trades Morey made?
May 26May 26 Author Just now, iladelphxx said:Interesting thought: how does the upcoming draft changes affect the value of the 1st Round Picks we got in the various trades Morey made?better chance of them being a top 3 pick, I would think.
May 29May 29 1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:So then, was Elton Brand fired too? Or whats the deal with him? I wouldnt mind him being fired. He has survived through numerous failed front offices here.So many questions...In the new setup, what actually is the role of Gansey as POBO, and Jameer as GM then? And what input will Myers still have?
May 29May 29 How much child support will this woman be earning? She was apparently Bryce Young's ex. I wonder how many athletes she has made kids with.
May 29May 29 ready for another summer of LeBron? Apparently, other than the Lakers and Cavs, the 6ers are among 4 other "Favorites" to land LeBron.
May 29May 29 6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:So then, was Elton Brand fired too? Or whats the deal with him? I wouldnt mind him being fired. He has survived through numerous failed front offices here.So many questions...In the new setup, what actually is the role of Gansey as POBO, and Jameer as GM then? And what input will Myers still have?I think Gansey will be in the Morey role making decisions and Nelson becomes the new brand. Myers I’m guessing is the guy that they have to run things through to get final OK as i assume Harris trusts Myers. Frankly, the whole Nelson narrative kind of feels like what it felt like when Elton Brand got hired by the Sixers. a lot of tweets about him being very smart and an up and comer that could eventually be a really good personnel guy.
May 29May 29 3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I think Gansey will be in the Morey role making decisions and Nelson becomes the new brand. Myers I’m guessing is the guy that they have to run things through to get final OK as i assume Harris trusts Myers. Frankly, the whole Nelson narrative kind of feels like what it felt like when Elton Brand got hired by the Sixers. a lot of tweets about him being very smart and an up and comer that could eventually be a really good personnel guy.Yeah. I dont even know what Brand does, and what that means for Nelson moving in to that role.Brand seemed to hit a wall when he ran things with Brett Brown and allowed Orlando to name their price taking back Simmons instead of Terrance Ross.He shrunk back to a figurehead here and doesnt seem to have developed any new responsibilities. Im not sure if we fire him, that he will find a job.If Im Jameer, I pass on taking on his figurehead rule. Hell, its not even an attractive job for Gansey if he has to answer to someone. For Jameer, its even worse.
May 29May 29 9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:Yeah. I dont even know what Brand does, and what that means for Nelson moving in to that role.Brand seemed to hit a wall when he ran things with Brett Brown and allowed Orlando to name their price taking back Simmons instead of Terrance Ross.He shrunk back to a figurehead here and doesnt seem to have developed any new responsibilities. Im not sure if we fire him, that he will find a job.If Im Jameer, I pass on taking on his figurehead rule.Hell, its not even an attractive job for Gansey if he has to answer to someone. For Jameer, its even worse.Imo I kind of think the next couple seasons the Sixers are working around the margins to make the team better or compete. To me they’re kind of stuck in that place until Paul George’s contract becomes movable which it does closer to the deadline this year because it becomes an expiring contract in the 2027–28 off-season. As well as Embiid‘s contracts comes off the book after the 2028–29 season. At that point in time I would not be shocked if there is a shake up in the front office again because at that point you’re gonna have your picks, some young talent infused with drafting and cap space to work with to maneuver the roster in the way you want to. The problem is the next three years is building til that moment. I could see Nelson taking that role thinking he might be the guy that supplants Gansey in 2029.
June 2Jun 2 On 5/31/2026 at 1:55 PM, HazletonEagle said:Leads the post season in 3s made.This further shows the Sixers cannot evaluate talent.
June 2Jun 2 35 minutes ago, CouchKing said:This further shows the Sixers cannot evaluate talent.They seem to draft it and then not develop it. I thought that would change once Rico Hines was brought on staff. But Nurse still seems to prevent development.
Create an account or sign in to comment