Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

14 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He hasn't regressed, you were just waiting for us to lose on a bad game to post this nonsense

Through six games his numbers are down across the board in basically every category. He absolutely has.

Yesterday was a stinker as he's been good for a solid chunk of the year, but he has definitely regressed from his season last year.

• Like 1

Just now, rrfierce said:

He has, but how much is due to the poor OC?

Probably a good amount. I've said this before though, Brian Johnson isn't making him leave a clean pocket, make stupid throws and miss wide open players. 

That said he's doing him no favors by having him drop back to throw 45 times and have slow developing plays when it's clear that it isn't working.

• Like 1

Jesus to the Christ is this thread for real???? The stats he put up are misleading and two of those ints weren't his fault....overreact much???

What am I doing?? This is TATE so off to see something else......

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Jesus to the Christ is this thread for real???? The stats he put up are misleading and two of those ints weren't his fault....overreact much???

What am I doing?? This is TATE so off to see something else......

Again, he's down across the board in almost every statistical way.

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Again, he's down across the board in almost every statistical way.

His ball security and decision making have been bad. Yea I get it, 2 ints weren't his fault yesterday. The last one was fn awful as was the one in the endzone last week

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

His ball security and decision making have been bad. Yea I get it, 2 ints weren't his fault yesterday. The last one was fn awful as was the one in the endzone last week

I'm starting to think people in here don't actually watch the games. He is very clearly not as good as he was last season through six games.

That goes for the majority of the team as well, to be fair.

16 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I thought the one where he had his arm was a little on him as well. The DE turns on Driscoll back inside as he tries to push him outside, but Hurts is also shuffling and took 4-5 seconds to throw knowing that there was someone coming. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mat said:

I thought the one where he had his arm was a little on him as well. The DE turns on Driscoll back inside as he tries to push him outside, but Hurts is also shuffling and took 4-5 seconds to throw knowing that there was someone coming. 

Thank you, because I said the same thing and people were losing their minds. He had five seconds to just hop in the pocket. 

That's a long time regardless of who's at RT, but he has to know to try and get the ball out faster with Lane out. Not exactly hard to figure out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Thank you, because I said the same thing and people were losing their minds. He had five seconds to just hop in the pocket. 

That's a long time regardless of who's at RT, but he has to know to try and get the ball out faster with Lane out. Not exactly hard to figure out.

It's still a combination of things and the interception wasn't 100% on him. Driscoll gets beat back inside as Hurts shuffles and thinks the rusher is being pushed behind him. Gainwell should have chipped the rusher instead of just running straight into the flat. Had they not called a slow developing pass play that would also help things when your right tackle is struggling to block guys 1 on 1. But 4 seconds is still a good chunk of time to have the ball and get rid of it

2 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Hurts already has more INT's than the whole of last season.

TD - INT rate is 7-7

He is on track for about the same amount of rushing TD's as he had last year. Passing TD's are down from 22 to about 17.5 over 15 games (matching last years games total). Interceptions are way up. He isn't playing as well as last year, but he was top 2 in the MVP award last season so it's a pretty high standard. He is outperforming a bunch of his peers that are in the same bracket and he can definitely improve. 

40 minutes ago, Mat said:

I went back to that and watched it. You're right. Held it for too long

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

When did he bail for no reason?  When he had protection he was stood in the pocket for 6 seconds at a time.  The pass protection was either 7 seconds of concrete protection or a collapsing mess within a second and a half, they're so up and down it's not funny.

I actually saw him try and move up into a couple of collapsing pockets before avoiding sacks to get out, plus he took a couple of hits standing in an empty backfield to deliver a ball after protection broke down.

He did it multiple times where he's got a decent pocket then panic bails out..It needs to stop 

9 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Nobody here was harder on him than me. He has regressed but I don't agree he is done or another Dak just yet. He kept them in the game with his legs all game. Was that cause he missed open people? Others can comment on that aftet they watch the film this week.

That had to wear him out amd fatigue can cause a lot of mistakes. He also didn't trust his protection for good reason after Lane went out. 

Also, the Chiefs didn't score many more points against the Jets than they did today. I mean it's a good thing their top CBs were out, but still. They have good players and a good system.

He had a bad last few drives. Horrible. He caused them to lose throwing a dumb ball with the lead. He isn't done. 

Jets have an elite defense and really should be 4-2 but somehow gave the Pats their only win of the season even with Zach Wilson as QB.  

Hate to say it...

This "best O line in football" has not been good in pass protection.

Run blocking they are dominant.  Pass blocking hasn't always been there this entire season.  Too many times Hurts is running for his life.  That makes him not trust them and he's moving out of the pocket.  Re-watch the highlights and notice how often the D line breaking through IMMEDIATELY and Hurts running away for his life.  There were also times yesterday where he was patient and stood in the pocket and was almost hit.  

Brian Johnson is also doing a pretty bad job at calling the plays.  

And yes, some of it is on Hurts. He has made some great plays, mixed with some forced throws and hero ball, and too many runs.  There are also too many designed QB runs.  They have a dominant running game they should be running the ball heavily.

• Like 2

Brian Johnson was promoted too fast to OC. He's a failure at that job. Hurts is regressing under his leadership and play calling. With all these called runs for Hurts, it's just a matter of time until the injury bug bites. Also what's with not having all receiver beyond the sticks on a 4th and long must have conversion? He's a moron until he proves otherwise.

• Like 1

Btw, Mahomes vs the Jets, barely beating them 23-20 (The Jets aren't a bad team)

18/30, 60% completion, 203 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Sack

Hurts vs the Jets:

28/45, 62.2% completion, 280 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (one was tipped off receiver not his fault), 2 Sack

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swoop said:

Probably a good amount. I've said this before though, Brian Johnson isn't making him leave a clean pocket, make stupid throws and miss wide open players. 

That said he's doing him no favors by having him drop back to throw 45 times and have slow developing plays when it's clear that it isn't working.

OC & Siri. Both are culpable. Siri probably moreso than the OC because he's signing off on everything and at times changing plays. I don't care what people say this is a run first offense. I know we have great WRs and TEs and QB and all that but this team gets in amazing rhythm when the OL is allowed to be dominant instead of retreating in a passive way to protect the QB 40+ times. Dropping back that many times you would have thunk the Eagles were trailing all game. Makes the windows too small and the margin for error far greater and allows the opposing DL to tee off on the QB pass rushing every play. Every freaking year we have to have a game like this to remind these fools. Just glad Hurts didn't get hurt like in the Chicago game with those called QB draws. We have 4 capable backs man use em.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Btw, Mahomes vs the Jets, barely beating them 23-20 (The Jets aren't a bad team)

18/30, 60% completion, 203 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Sack

Hurts vs the Jets:

28/45, 62.2% completion, 280 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (one was tipped off receiver not his fault), 2 Sack

Mahomes also threw another one that they called a bs pass interference. The Jets secondary Hurts faced today was far worse than the Mahomes one with three guys out including Sauce

1 minute ago, Mat said:

Mahomes also threw another one that they called a bs pass interference. The Jets secondary Hurts faced today was far worse than the Mahomes one with three guys out including Sauce

That's the line of thinking that lost them the game. Oh you can just pass all day on these dudes no need to run the starters are out... smh. Fell into the trap once again. Still a well coached NFL team out there that can't be taken lightly. Still need a mix so that DL doesn't have fun pass rushing our QB all game. Then you're starting HOF RT goes out and you don't adjust the play calling. Pure disrespect and they deserved that L with that approach. I don't know if they were calling themselves preserving the tread on the RBs and OL or what. Ok... rant over. On to Miami. Not going to over analyze this L we see it every year when the coaches lose their way only to get smacked back into reality. The identity of this team starts up front. Let them guys Eat and then everyone else can Eat.

• Like 2

Play calling can be a huge part of an offense's performance.  It also can affect a QB's efficiency.  

Johnson's playcalling and use of the skill players has been lousy and the creativity is lacking.

But the thing I've been saying since Hurts got here is his slow development in his speed of his progressions.  Having 2 very good WRS can cover that shortcoming most of the time, but there are times when you really need to get to the 3rd and 4th read.  

Hurts hasn't regressed, he just hasn't developed that facet of his game fast enough......and he needs to.

Brian Johnson has had 6 games to get this offense going.....and it's been wildly inconsistent.  And yesterday was idiotic with Hurt passing 45 times and the RBs getting 14 runs.  WTF?

To completely abandon the run game was inexcusable.  The eagles can't continue with his poor play calling......

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mat said:

So Hurts had 280 yards and a good completion percentage.  Brian Johnson failed in play calling, and they barely ran the ball early.  They still should balance with more runs.  Also in pass protection the O line has not been good.  Sometimes Hurts has plenty of protection, but far too often the pocket collapses immediately and he's running for his life.  It got worse when Lane was injured.  The right side had 2 backups on Opeta and Driscoll (who sucks).

That's when they should have let the O line run block and let Swift do his thing.  They also have not done a good job running screens.  More RB screens to help with the blitz and when the O line pass protection is lacking especially 2 backups on the right side.

A lot of that is coaching.  And Siri has to take responsibility as well in game planning and if the OC isn't performing he needs to hold him accountable.

Meanwhile, the Eagles also had a lot of injuries in the secondary plus Carter, Williams was hurt in game then came back, then Lane of course.  That field is awful.

Brian Johnson has to stop the QB designed runs.  Run the ball down their throats with Swift then mix in other RBs.  Don't all of a sudden switch to Gainwell or Scott for an entire series.  Feed Swift.  Let the O line run block.  

Use more screens and short passes to set up short yardage on 3rd downs.  Be more methodical.  Get more creative.  Spread the ball around.  Use some tricks and deception in looks and formations, motion, etc.  No creativity.

He's relying on Hurts running around and playing street ball to find AJ Brown and Smith and hoping they make plays. Often, they do. But OC is severely lacking.

• Like 2