Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s also been reported that Jalen has been hurt too. I don’t know for how long. It’s not all on Johnson. Jalen shared some of the blame too and we can’t expect Jalen to throw for 300 and rush for a 100 with no turnovers and three total tds every game. Johnson hasn’t been great, but he’s getting better. Jalen has to cut down on his turnovers. 

For sure. He is making bad decisions but when you see how indecisive he looks at times and how uncomfortable he seems along with the increase in turnovers vs last year and I'd put most of that on Johnson. Outside of one guard spot and RB everyone was here last year, so Hurts should be rolling and if not improving not taking a step back. I can't think of one way he's improved this year vs every other year when he's taken that step forward. I can't think of one way the offense as a whole has looked better either outside of Swift. Maybe Johnson will end up being "ok" as an OC, but his job isn't just to call plays it's to coach them up. Again, he has a Ferrari.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call his play this season elite as this guy said, but posting for the video. 

Hurts IS standing in the pocket making throws. He IS delivering deep passes. He IS delivering throws with accuracy. 

And he doesn't lose confidence after mistakes. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I wouldn't call his play this season elite as this guy said, but posting for the video. 

Hurts IS standing in the pocket making throws. He IS delivering deep passes. He IS delivering throws with accuracy. 

A lot of people were immediately overreacting when he threw the fluke INT off a guys helmet.  But if you watch his demeanor after that, dude wasn’t rattled one bit.  In fact, I had MORE confidence we were going to win after that because he won’t allow himself to be the reason we lose, he used that hiccup as an internal motivator to lead the team to victory.  After that INT you could see him engage the stone cold killer mentality.  

• Like 1

I think Jalen probably has an MCL sprain orange a meniscus issue.  The type of have they put on is a sleeve, with lateral hinges on the inside and outside of the knee.  This is not a brace they would put on if any ACL injury is suspected.  The good news is this heals on its own with basic therapy and treatment.  I’ve heard they did not ice his knee at the half, so there’s probably very little inflammation.  Could be precautionary and he said it did not happen in the game.  Could have been something that happened last week or even in the weight room.  But I don’t think he misses any time unless there’s more trauma to it.  

check the left knee, the brace can be seen pretty well.  

IMG_1385.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

That was such a tight window that the announcer was in the middle of saying it was intercepted until he realized Brown caught it lol

Hurts plays are more tentative this season.  Most noticeable when he takes off to run.  He rarely slided feet-first last season, not so this season.  Less tackles this way.  This may be the team's instruction to prevent injury.  No argument there.  Is he less aggressive this season?  It does look that way.

Hmm, the haters aren't here after a win.  

Being critical is one thing, we are all critical of his mistakes.  But he also never lost confidence, made good reads and throws, maintained leadership and led the team to a big win.

The haters (who see no good in him at all) will be back at the next loss to pounce again.  

• Like 8

All-Time Best Win  %  (Minimum 40 starts)

Otto Graham  .810

Mahomes       .805

Lamonica       .784

Brady             .754

Staubach       .746

L Jackson      .735

Hurts              .707 and rising  (.909 the last 2 years)

P Manning     .702

Garoppolo      .693

J McMahon    .691

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Hurts plays are more tentative this season.  Most noticeable when he takes off to run.  He rarely slided feet-first last season, not so this season.  Less tackles this way.  This may be the team's instruction to prevent injury.  No argument there.  Is he less aggressive this season?  It does look that way.

Now that I know he has been running around on a bum knee (potentially since the Pats game) a lot of my questions have been answered.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:52 PM, uncphillyfan said:

All I see is half ass. 

Where you is?

No - the biggest problem is the right side of the OL.  RG has been a position of strength through the years, and now it is a position of weakness.  The biggest key to Eagle dominance throughout the better part of the last decade has been the offensive line, and more to the point - the right side of the OL.  We've all seen the stats on how important LJ is to the team, and the difference in the team's record when he's playing and when he's not.  But lost in all this is hole at RG.  Jurgens was opening up running lanes, and was the best at that position before he went down.  But he's been out and Operta has shown why he's not a starter.  We forget how good Seumalo and Brooks were when they were starting.

You install a monster at RG and watch Hurts and the rest of the offense to soar to new levels.  For all the chatter out there that Howie's looking to beef up the defense, my guess is that he's on the hunt for help on the right side of the offensive line.  It's that important to the team's ultimate success or failure this season.

• Thanks 1

Brah wut?

MFer is dealing on one knee 

Jalen showing grit, and is never rattled when the game is on the line. So many of y’all really miss those 300 yard late choke games from our quarterbacks in the past. 

15 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Brah wut?

MFer is dealing on one knee 

A bone bruise generates a lot of pain. he'll be better in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Fantastic game from Hurts, the goal line fumble was the only blemish and it sounds like it got knocked out when he was pushed into Dickerson before he could secure the snap. You could see him struggling to walk at times but he gritted it out and was awesome throwing the ball. 

• Like 1

Philly fans are harsher on their own players than other teams.  There are QBs around the league making mistakes, having bad games and playing through injury.  Fans will call them gutsy, gritty, tough, overcoming adversity, leader, etc.

Then Jalen overcomes mistakes, adversity, injury and WINS and while I think most fans support him there are still those that are so critical of him.  He's had too many turnovers this year, yes.  But when he steps on the field you can also be confident he will lead and bounce back to find ways to win.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Philly fans are harsher on their own players than other teams. 

How would you know? 

Have you lived all the other NFL team cities and heard their fans criticism of their teams?

I was in Arizona for 5 years and had a friend from Wisconsin who was a that's  Packer fan and he was no different from Eagles fans, he loved his Packers to death but also was very harsh in his criticism when it was called for.

Typically speaking, it's the fans that barely know football who carry around pom-poms for their teams, real football fans that are knowledgeable of the game speak up when they see sub-par play.

Don't let the MSM tell you how to be a fan.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

, real football fans that are knowledgeable of the game 

Yes @NOTW!! Make sure you listen to Mr Trading For AJ Brown Was A Horrible Move!! He's knowledgeable!

• Haha 3