Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

2 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Got paid and now all he can do is fumble and throw picks.  

And make throws, and bounce back, and not lose confidence, and ...

Win games.

• Like 9

Hurts is becoming an issue and a worry but at the same time he’s still able to lead this team to wins. The stats aren’t always pretty or great but you can’t argue that he leads this team to a lot of wins. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

And make throws, and bounce back, and not lose confidence, and ...

Win games.

All While applying through an apparent injury.  

So many have been wondering whyJalen has been dropping really early to avoid hits looking like he’s trying to avoid injury, but apparently he is already injured and likely he has been from sometime. We didn’t know, because this guy is a warrior and never complains. This in a way probably will be good for Jalen, because he’s going to need to keep figuring it out likely without using his legs much. I believe challenging year for him will make him much better in the future. Despite all of that he’s still out there winning. Same clowns who are out there crying about wanting Jalen gone while he keeps winning  were begging Wentz to stay while he kept losing. Jalen needs to figure out how to cut down these turnovers albeit some of them have been kind of fluky. Overall he’s leading the Eagles to victories when other people led them to losses. He steps up mostly when the game is on the line when other guys in the past when the game was on the line choked. Time to man up people. Jalen is going nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great win...Hurts gutted it out with an apparent knee injury.  He is having a weird season.  One the one hand, his inability to quickly progress through his reads thus locking into his first read has led to a lot of the turnovers.  He now sits at 10 TO (Ridder has the most with 11) and had two costly turnovers last night.  The defense really bailed the offense out and limited the damage done.  But on the other hand, outside of Mahomes, is there any other QB that can be as dynamic and dangerous?  He is frustrating to watch this season.  Miami has a middle of the pack defense when healthy, and last night they were without key starters on the back end (sounds familiar).  The off-schedule plays (like the big one to AJ late in the game) are the plays that stand out.  I would also add that the offensive line has not been as good as we've been accustomed to and maybe showing signs of age.  Ultimately, whether its Hurts, O line, OC, or all three, things have to improve for this team to compete in the playoffs against the better defenses.  

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So now they’ve told us he’s hurt do we know what he’s dealing with?

He played the second half with a knee brace.  I will be interested in hearing Siri's presser today. 

• Like 2

I still believe in Hurts. He outdueled Tua whilst hurt.

The only things that worry me are his knee and Brian Johnson.

15 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

He is having a weird season

I think this sums it up. I think the truth is there are more positives than negatives. He’s not playing at the level he did last year but I also think realistically that was never going to be likely. He’s still leading this team, he’s still calm under pressure and he’s still making huge plays at crucial times.

But he is missing guys, he is taking more risks with his throws and obviously he’s turning the ball over too much.

I think if he can fix those turnovers and just limit them then the outlook on him will be rather different. Easier said than done of course.

6 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I still believe in Hurts. He outdueled Tua whilst hurt.

The only things that worry me are his knee and Brian Johnson.

Yeah if he’s been dealing with a knee injury since the Rams game those designed QB draws in the red zone are even more questionable. 

15 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

He played the second half with a knee brace.  I will be interested in hearing Siri's presser today. 

Let’s hope it’s nothing too serious and not something that’s going to get worse the longer he plays. 2 more games and then a week off so hopefully he can manage that.

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So now they’ve told us he’s hurt do we know what he’s dealing with?

All we know is something with the knee. When it came up Jalen didn’t offer up much. I think he’s getting an MRI. 

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think this sums it up. I think the truth is there are more positives than negatives. He’s not playing at the level he did last year but I also think realistically that was never going to be likely. He’s still leading this team, he’s still calm under pressure and he’s still making huge plays at crucial times.

But he is missing guys, he is taking more risks with his throws and obviously he’s turning the ball over too much.

I think if he can fix those turnovers and just limit them then the outlook on him will be rather different. Easier said than done of course.

He hasn't looked comfortable all year and has regressed in his decision making. Johnson is to blame because he is not bringing the best out of him and putting him into a better position to succeed. His passes were high, he stares people down, slow to throw, stupid fumbles,and makes bad decisions. He honestly should have had at least one other pick last night but they got lucky. He got the win and deserves credit for making some good ones when it counted. 

I posted that I stood by him last week in here when people were trashing him. Johnson is the issue. 

40 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

He hasn't looked comfortable all year and has regressed in his decision making. Johnson is to blame because he is not bringing the best out of him and putting him into a better position to succeed. His passes were high, he stares people down, slow to throw, stupid fumbles,and makes bad decisions. He honestly should have had at least one other pick last night but they got lucky. He got the win and deserves credit for making some good ones when it counted. 

I posted that I stood by him last week in here when people were trashing him. Johnson is the issue. 

Johnson is adjusting as an NFL play caller. It takes time. Statistically his numbers are nearly identical to last year. The only thing that’s up is the turnovers and the red zone efficiency has been poor. They’re 5-1 and not 1-5. They just handily beat a SB contender, but the season isn’t done. I’d rather they are firing on all cylinders in January/February than now anyway. They have to cut down on the turnovers and clean up the red zone play calling and we will see more 30plus scoring games.

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Johnson is adjusting as an NFL play caller. It takes time. Statistically his numbers are nearly identical to last year. The only thing that’s up is the turnovers and the red zone efficiency has been poor. They’re 5-1 and not 1-5. They just handily beat a SB contender, but the season isn’t done. I’d rather they are firing on all cylinders in January/February than now anyway. They have to cut down on the turnovers and clean up the red zone play calling and we will see more 30plus scoring games.

I see your point, but we are seven games in and I don't remember a lot of the good OCs in the league having their MVP caliber QBs regress or look as uncomfortable as Hurts has this year. It's one thing if he was just starting to work with Hurts, but he was here last year. He should have familiarity with the offense and a feel for what puts Hurts (and the offense as a whole) in the best position to succeed. He should have seen what Shane did to get him going when he was a bit off. It's a fine line between being genuinely happy they won and saying that won't be good enough to win a Super Bowl, which if we are being honest is the only thing that should make us happy this year. With the talent they have and as well as Hurts played last year I expect more from the OC. Can you imagine what some of the better ones in the league could do with Jalen, that OL, and Brown/Smith/DG? We'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

All we know is something with the knee. When it came up Jalen didn’t offer up much. I think he’s getting an MRI. 

Doesn’t sound overly positive if he’s having an MRI…

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I see your point, but we are seven games in and I don't remember a lot of the good OCs in the league having their MVP caliber QBs regress or look as uncomfortable as Hurts has this year. It's one thing if he was just starting to work with Hurts, but he was here last year. He should have familiarity with the offense and a feel for what puts Hurts (and the offense as a whole) in the best position to succeed. He should have seen what Shane did to get him going when he was a bit off. It's a fine line between being genuinely happy they won and saying that won't be good enough to win a Super Bowl, which if we are being honest is the only thing that should make us happy this year. With the talent they have and as well as Hurts played last year I expect more from the OC. Can you imagine what some of the better ones in the league could do with Jalen, that OL, and Brown/Smith/DG? We'll see what happens.

It’s also been reported that Jalen has been hurt too. I don’t know for how long. It’s not all on Johnson. Jalen shared some of the blame too and we can’t expect Jalen to throw for 300 and rush for a 100 with no turnovers and three total tds every game. Johnson hasn’t been great, but he’s getting better. Jalen has to cut down on his turnovers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Doesn’t sound overly positive if he’s having an MRI…

That doesn’t mean he can’t play on it though. Mostly a precautionary thing. It was concerning that he had to put on a brace. Overall we want Jalen to become a better passer. He and the Eagles offense will need to adjust. Start by dumping that empty back draw play in the red zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

Ultimately, whether its Hurts, O line, OC, or all three, things have to improve for this team to compete in the playoffs against the better defenses.  

Yes. The 49ers are very good defensively. If they get into the playoffs with a healthy QB this year they will be much tougher to defeat.

If I were to rank those 3 issues, in order:

1. OC - Something isn't clicking. The play calls and players are not in sync. Hurts doesn't look comfortable running the offense. They're a little shaky. I expected there would be some wrinkles in the transition to new OC Johnson early in the season. Putting up 31 on SNF against the Dolphins is better. But it's Week 7 already, they should have progressed more than what they are now.  Let's hope they turned a corner.

2. Hurts - Honestly he's been up and down. There are times he is magnificent. The first half of the Dolphins game was great, minus the fumble (again, up and down). Then there's the end of the Jets game where he couldn't close it out when the Eagles needed to lean on him. He's inconsistent.

3. OL - Yeah, they are getting a bit older. But it's still one of the best units in the NFL. 

The passing game has something wrong with it. I dunno if it's the route combinations, something. The top WRs in the league get open at least a few times a game for every team, but every catch for our two top 10 guys get seems contested, there is never an easy pitch and catch. It just seems way off.