Eagles - Cowboys Game Score Predictions

mattwill

On 12/7/2023 at 1:48 PM, birdman#12 said:

So much riding on this game.......the division and 1st round bye........comes at a lousy time for the Birds.  

Not to mention the unpredictability of NFCE games.

Not going to predict an outcome......

I think this is pretty spot on in a lot of ways. NFCE games tend to be very unpredictable. It’s definitely a huge huge game no doubt for so many reasons.

I want to say I can’t call this game but I can sadly. Dallas are going to win and they are going to cover.

On 12/6/2023 at 4:11 AM, manz2821 said:

Cowboys 31

Eagles 24

Hurts with atleast one turnover

I missed your score in the update above.  I have it recorded now.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 11:35 PM, Jeep_man said:

No way Eagles winning this, 28- 10 Dallas.... After next week the season will be over....

What a disgusting Line backing and secondary we have, deserve to get trashed...

I missed yours too in the update, but it is recorded now.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:09 PM, b_west3 said:

Dallas - 37

Eagles - 17

I missed yours too, but it is recorded now

On 12/5/2023 at 5:21 PM, MF POON said:

I was way off on the last game as i predicted our defense to have a surprisingly good game. I'll say that they will bounce back this weekend and have a better game, and we pull out a close one 31 to 27

Recorded

I think the majority of the eagles problems are coaching related.  

Johnson is 12 games into the season and the offense is inconsistent, uncreative, struggles in the red zone and doesn't take advantage of the skill players they have.  I've been saying all year that Johnson is going to cost them some important games and I think the SF game was the start of it.  His situational play calling is atrocious sometimes,.....I don't think they can win with this OC in the playoffs.

We all saw how dynamic the SF offense is.....anybody who has watched the dolphins, cowpies, chiefs, bills and even the lions and jags have seen more movement, shifts, misdirection, variety and creativity than anything the eagles have done.

Defensively, Desai has had to deal with constant defensive backfield & LB injuries and the defensive line not getting enough pressure.  Slay and Bradberry are not having good years, and the LB depth is not good.  That being said, he seems too slow to make adjustments during the game, although overcoming a lot of injuries and lack of depth is tough to do.

Sirianni preaches to the players to always look forward and get better every day, every game.  He needs to apply that to his coordinators.....especially Johnson......Sirianni needs to step in more with the playcalling or find somebody who can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I dont get it. They always make a game plan before every game. Why does no one look at it and say "hey, our plays are crap with zero creativity? We need more?"

The bottom line is Siriani is ok with it. Thats why nothing changes. At some point u need to start blaming the guy really in charge.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 4:30 AM, weko said:

Take Dallas and give the 3 points.  Our D will get shredded again.  How is it possible that it won't?

I see a lot of positive things happening through Eagles running the ball. By the 4th Q we take a lead and win by a Touchdown..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

I see a lot of positive things happening through Eagles running the ball. By the 4th Q we take a lead and win by a Touchdown..

They will try a few runs and then just quit on it if RBs arent ripping off big chunks. Thats how this coaching staff thinks.

So many ppl picking the Cowboys, rightfully so, myself included...

I think we're just preparing ourselves for the inevitable disappointment of getting destroyed again and having to deal with Niners fans, Cowboys fans and national media 2 weeks in a row. 

Although we're 10-2, this is a pivotal game for Siri. If he doesn't have this team prepared and gets outcoached by McCarthy, things are going to get ugly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

So many ppl picking the Cowboys, rightfully so, myself included...

I think we're just preparing ourselves for the inevitable disappointment of getting destroyed again and having to deal with Niners fans, Cowboys fans and national media 2 weeks in a row. 

Although we're 10-2, this is a pivotal game for Siri. If he doesn't have this team prepared and gets outcoached by McCarthy, things are going to get ugly. 

If we lose heavy in this one then I think rightly there will be panic. Nobody should call for Sirianni’s job but there should be a lot of questions about this team. And ultimately a heavy loss here and we can forget about any SB run.

Play it close, lose in a close game and whilst hugely disappointing that’s not the end of the world. A heavy defeat and it would be. 

13 hours ago, mattwill said:

Saturday Morning Predictions Update

52 predictions recorded thus far.  31 for an Eagles win and 21 for a Cowboys win.  The Average Predicted Score continues to be a tight Eagles 28 Cowboys 29.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 128 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

We got 100 predictions submitted last week, lets see if we can get to 100 again.

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you. 

1668204791_Screenshot2023-12-09at5_53_30AM.png.fd13beabc3bd99091754acca38c6f5ea.png
1597280316_Screenshot2023-12-09at5_53_49AM.png.cecf362de1571f23e7c829c6f11de6d7.png
1469952359_Screenshot2023-12-09at5_54_12AM.png.4d2ca649ee700422358aac1d471a920d.png

@mattwill

you have my prediction backwards 

Cowboys - 36

Eagles - 30

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2023 at 5:41 PM, birdman#12 said:

I think the majority of the eagles problems are coaching related.  

Johnson is 12 games into the season and the offense is inconsistent, uncreative, struggles in the red zone and doesn't take advantage of the skill players they have.  I've been saying all year that Johnson is going to cost them some important games and I think the SF game was the start of it.  His situational play calling is atrocious sometimes,.....I don't think they can win with this OC in the playoffs.

We all saw how dynamic the SF offense is.....anybody who has watched the dolphins, cowpies, chiefs, bills and even the lions and jags have seen more movement, shifts, misdirection, variety and creativity than anything the eagles have done.

Defensively, Desai has had to deal with constant defensive backfield & LB injuries and the defensive line not getting enough pressure.  Slay and Bradberry are not having good years, and the LB depth is not good.  That being said, he seems too slow to make adjustments during the game, although overcoming a lot of injuries and lack of depth is tough to do.

Sirianni preaches to the players to always look forward and get better every day, every game.  He needs to apply that to his coordinators.....especially Johnson......Sirianni needs to step in more with the playcalling or find somebody who can.

Good post. The offense has put up some pretty good numbers, but with the talent out there, Johnson should be better and the play calls are definitely forumlaic and questionable at times. I do think Desai gets too much of a pass though. I'm not expecting a top 5 or even a top 10 unit with all the issues at LB and secondary, but he still has a pair of good corners and a very good D-Line.. 

I always had this as a loss, regardless of what happened last week. I think the board is going to be pretty unbearable for the next week or so. Things will get better after this, I still think Eagles take division, but I think there is currently fundamental issues with both coordinators. Hopefully this is the catalyst for some form of change.

Cowboys 31 - Eagles 17 - Eagles do all they can to take away Lamb, but Cooks and Ferguson have big days and Prescott scores on the ground. Goedert scores on his return for the Eagles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 7:12 AM, Talkingbirds said:

@mattwill

Eagles 22 Cowboys 21. Eagles score late and go for 2 for the win.  Bland gets a early pick 6.

So you see this defense holding them to 14 points?  Delusional 

19 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

So you see this defense holding them to 14 points?  Homer !

FYP and Dallas sucks !

59 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

FYP and Dallas sucks !

If only they sucked bad enough for realistic fans to have any confidence in tonight's results. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sunday 4pm Predictions Update

83 predictions recorded thus far.  45 for an Eagles win and 38 for a Cowboys win.  The Average Predicted Score continues to be a tight Eagles 28 Cowboys 29.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 128 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

We got 100 predictions submitted last week, lets see if we can get to 100 again.

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you. 

1718146787_Screenshot2023-12-10at1_21_20PM.png.5b726b8665d8f73a35248e9cb713fca3.png
1602662279_Screenshot2023-12-10at1_21_51PM.png.b01c302c98deb5d84fd86e37f1b9fce1.png
1612375262_Screenshot2023-12-10at1_22_14PM.png.fb7f0cdab9606c2e1c4d443e7f7699ae.png
815807903_Screenshot2023-12-10at1_22_27PM.png.84c031d456d818e7bd1acc38c146e6b2.png

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.21.35 PM.png

The following past prediction posters have yet to submit a prediction this week.  Come one, come all. Note, if I missed anyone, please repost and accept my apologies. Last Sunday took its toll on this old man.

@Agent23
@Aspiritfall
@bakura
@birdman#12
@DaEagles4Life
@DEagle7
@EazyEaglez
@GoEagles614
@Heavywchamp
@jsdarkstar 
@LacesOut
@Libtard nation
@NYEagle
@NJWolverEagle11
@NothingClever
@seengreen
@VaBeach_Eagle

Ant the following three past posters hav place themselves on IR.  No update on their injury status is available or whether they will come off of IR before the season ends.

@Eagles_ftw
@NCTANK
@twistr

Just now, mattwill said:

The following past prediction posters have yet to submit a prediction this week.  Come one, come all. Note, if I missed anyone, please repost and accept my apologies. Last Sunday took its toll on this old man.

@Agent23
@Aspiritfall
@bakura
@birdman#12
@DaEagles4Life
@DEagle7
@EazyEaglez
@GoEagles614
@Heavywchamp
@jsdarkstar 
@LacesOut
@Libtard nation
@NYEagle
@NJWolverEagle11
@NothingClever
@seengreen
@VaBeach_Eagle

Ant the following three past posters hav place themselves on IR.  No update on their injury status is available or whether they will come off of IR before the season ends.

@Eagles_ftw
@NCTANK
@twistr

I haven't gotten close once, @mattwill

I was going to abstain but since you called me out....

Eagles 41

Dallas 27

Bonus Reddick with 2+ sacks

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

I haven't gotten close once, @mattwill

I was going to abstain but since you called me out....

Eagles 41

Dallas 27

Bonus Reddick with 2+ sacks

It is all in fun!  Close is for horseshoes.