EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Jalyx Hunt spider chart.

image.png.3a05196438515a63e69e14f32f051147.pngimage.thumb.png.dc02b8e516d26f7d4d9a86f2ded44c6f.png

Yeah... that's a nice spider.   Needs to get stronger... and maybe add a little weight.  And learn technique.   Likely a stash on the bottom of the roster red shirt candidate.  He might even suffer a season ending hangnail in training camp.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

They aren't going to cut a 3rd rounder so you'd have to imagine this ends Patrick Johnson's run with the team and the Oren Burks and Julian Okwara signings don't mean much now.

DE/Edge is going to be BG, Sweat, Huff, Hunt, Smith and Baun.

Inside will be Dean, White and BVS

Burks is going to make the team for special teams alone, if nothing else. Patrick Johnson doesnt belong at all. Okwara probably wont make it. 

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Jalyx Hunt spider chart.

image.png.3a05196438515a63e69e14f32f051147.pngimage.thumb.png.dc02b8e516d26f7d4d9a86f2ded44c6f.png

We got Brian Burns after trading down a bunch! Nice!

• Haha 1

Hunt is 6-4 247. How much weight do people think he needs to put on? 20 lbs? DeVonta Smith did that in 3 months. He'll be a monster by TC once he's in the Eagles facility! 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They aren't going to cut a 3rd rounder so you'd have to imagine this ends Patrick Johnson's run with the team and the Oren Burks and Julian Okwara signings don't mean much now.

I could see Hunt going to IR for a redshirt year. He needs to hit the weights.

• Like 1

Just now, TEW said:

He’s top 8% all time in RAS.

Definitely better than "merely good”.

Top 7%

Berman said on their draft show he doesn’t think Hunt will play until 2026.

• Haha 2

Howie been on fire so far, so have to trust if Fangio pushed for Hunt he's giving his new DC what he wants. Mitchell & DeJawn are great picks so it's great draft so far regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Jalyx Hunt spider chart.

I expect that bench press to increase 

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Baun might be a LB that they might use as a rush edge from time to time.  

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Berman said on their draft show he doesn’t think Hunt will play until 2026.

Hope I’m wrong but that feels very davion Taylor-esque type pick. 

Just now, TEW said:

I could see Hunt going to IR for a redshirt year. He needs to hit the weights.

No. He needs to practice. A redshirt year would be a disaster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

All if takes is 5-10 minutes of research to see that Daniel Jeremiah had him as his 64th ranked prospect and a lot of people had him as a top 100 pick so calling it a reach is just stupid, lazy, and factually incorrect.

It's weird how upset people get about strangers not liking a pick. Who cares why they do or don't like someone? Let them be wrong if you think that's the case

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hope I’m wrong but that feels very davion Taylor-esque type pick. 

Taylor was projected to be a 5th round pick. Hunt was a 3rd-4th round projection.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Burks is going to make the team for special teams alone, if nothing else. Patrick Johnson doesnt belong at all. Okwara probably wont make it. 

I thought Johnson was a really solid ST player teams player too. It will be interesting how teams build their core ST units with the new kickoff rules this year. I'm sure that will have teams making some different bottom of the roster decisions. 

For those calling Hunt old, he just turned 23. That’s older for normal drafts. That’s not bad at all for the Covid years. 

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

Taylor was projected to be a 5th round pick. Hunt was a 3rd-4th round projection.

I meant in terms of he was unlikely to see the field for a year maybe two. In Taylor’s case he never really made it at all 

• Like 1

Just now, devpool said:

It's weird how upset people get about strangers not liking a pick. Who cares why they do or don't like someone? Let them be wrong if you think that's the case

No it's just annoying when people like you whine for the sake of whining when you have no clue what you are talking about.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eagles new edge is actually Andrew Bernard, but he saw something he shouldn't have, and they put him into witness protection at Houston Christian, with a name change.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952z93lmki259bl8nq2q9f

Baby Wahwah is going to open some eyes in camp.

• Haha 1

Just now, ManuManu said:

For those calling Hunt old, he just turned 23. That’s older for normal drafts. That’s not bad at all for the Covid years. 

And on the flipside, DeJean just turned 21.

Just now, T-1000 said:

No it's just annoying when people like you whine for the sake of whining when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Literally said it's fine that they took that swing but go off

Hey late 3rd round picks and beyond my expectations are lowered anyway. We got two beasts and I'm ecstatic.

• Like 1

Howie.

"He has freaky tools in his body."