Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well it's a bit tricky now because those OT/G's are mostly gone now. I suppose we could take the risk he falls that far,but why would we if it's a need. he';s not starting right off,but if he has the raw talent maybe we should not wait

I’m still sitting on the three G/C targets I really like. 

I'm trying to work Powers-Johnson in here somewhere LOL

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m still sitting on the three G/C targets I really like. 

But Mahogany can compete at RG right away/relieve Lane and possibly take over in a year or 2. I really would like to avoid having to draft a RT and tossing him into the fire later

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The pure G's can wait until 3 in my view(which means nothing at all),but I feel the need to BU Lane with as many propects as we can to fund the true BU future starter. maybe that guy is not in this draft but.....

Got Steen day two last draft. Could wait until next draft for that as well. Not like free agency doesn’t exist either.

We could ignore LB again,take Powers-Johnson at 50,still move back at 53 for Mahogany

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Or.... follow me here... just pay Dak and everyone else after 3 years...when you have team leverage.    Really that's the mistake...waiting. 

Its the combination that has been the most brutal

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We could ignore LB again,take Powers-Johnson at 50,still move back at 53 for Mahogany

Now you have pretty much covered the BU/ depth scenario for the moment(I mean if they work out)

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Word is its the Siri influence on Howie/Lurie

Siri sure smacked Rosie’s butt after the pick in the War Room.

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Moore has been talked about with his vertical passing game. Perception wise anyway. I really hope he brings those crossers, pick plays, slants, outs and hooks. I would concentrate this offseason on Hurts with all these timing route combinations. Quick hitting passing game. 1-2-3 it’s out.

I think so...you have to play to your passers strength ... the shorter the route the better.  Get the YAC.... but the vertical routes can absolutely open up space for that short crossing pattern... really up to Hurts here.   Plus... and I think it's key.  Establish the run early. 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Got Steen day two last draft. Could wait until next draft for that as well. Not like free agency doesn’t exist either.

I'm not really a Steen fan. I suppose I need to see more,but right now he's not a guy I could trust if we have a post season injury

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I think so...you have to play to your passers strength ... the shorter the route the better.  Get the YAC.... but the vertical routes can absolutely open up space for that short crossing pattern... really up to Hurts here.   Plus... and I think it's key.  Establish the run early. 

Have always been in favor of play action vs RPO

Cooper at LB at 50? move back from 53 to late 1-take mahogany+ and get a slot at 120(plus whatever pick from moving back)

Cooper, Jenkins, Sinnett…if we grab two of the three at 50/53..,I’m good …drop the mic

I'm not really a Steen fan. I suppose I need to see more,but right now he's not s guy I could trust if we have a post season injury

Understandable from A fan point I’d agree little to know information on him but again I’d Stout is saying he is the guy I’d believe in Stout 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Cooper, Jenkins, Sinnett…if we grab two of the three at 50/53..,I’m good …drop the mic

We brought no TE's in for visits

Could you imagine if he slipped to 50?

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Understandable from A fan point I’d agree little to know information on him but again I’d Stout is saying he is the guy I’d believe in Stout 

Well what is he supposed to say ":this guy sucks and we need someone else"? LOL But Stoutland is excellent. he could be even better if we provide better talent

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Him And DeJean ship has sailed on I think

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Could you imagine if he slipped to 50?

Well Dejean fell out of 1,so who knows LOL

We brought no TE's in for visits

Have we only drafted guys we had in for visits? I really didn’t know this why I’m asking 

DeJean is now DeJected

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Have we only drafted guys we had in for visits? I really didn’t know this why I’m asking 

Not all but 67% we do,so a TE is not out of the question by any means. We could have found one we liked at the combine or pro day

Well what is he supposed to say ":this guy sucks and we need someone else"? LOL But Stoutland is excellent. he could be even better if we provide better talent

I mean I don’t think Stout is going to come out and back a guy as a starter if he doesn’t believe it just the way I’ve perceived him. I don’t think he would bad mouth Steen but that far from an endorsing him as the starter as well 

I would say just eyeballing it that line guys ARE who we have visits with

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Its the combination that has been the most brutal

There is no " don't set up your guy to succeed " idea here...otherwise we don't do it for Hurts in 2022.  

Just pay the guy early....use Wentz as the example...pay early and you can easily get out of the deal.  Wait.. you overpay and never can recover.  Howie is doing that this offseason with everyone... yet cap hits are all low using the max amount of years to spread things out .. and then also beating the market spike. 

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean I don’t think Stout is going to come out and back a guy as a starter if he doesn’t believe it just the way I’ve perceived him. I don’t think he would bad mouth Steen but that far from an endorsing him as the starter as well 

Well he has to like him because there is no one else at the present time