Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So far …the big downfield plays has been the strength.

Not really...that's the WRs making the adjustments.... his strength is nailing that slant and short cross like its a handoff... very excellent throwing that ball in a small window.  

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not all brilliance paying guys early…when you are backing up the Brinks truck to do it.

But you don't back up the " salary cap brinks truck"  that's a separate truck.  Ive been trying to explain it to you for years. 

Didn't Smith get 3 years 75 mil extension...after the 5th year option... which means until 2028.

Yet total cap hits are $61 million from 2024 to 2028.    

Different brink trucks... pay the player ,with a separate brink truck,  do it early to make them happy.

Keep the cap hit brink truck from being used... by paying the player early.

And I've been trying to explain how it starts the cycle....start after year 3, then you can keep restructuring early on a quality player.   Keeps saving cap.   You miss one...and it doesn't matter. 

Jerruh is on opposite cycle...he can't seem to break it.

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not really...that's the WRs making the adjustments.... his strength is nailing that slant and short cross like its a handoff... very excellent throwing that ball in a small window.  

He’s been the making the explosive plays maker. But I can agree that he could totally be the short and intermediate timing accurate passer. Really what I hope is the main point of emphasis this offseason. We all know Hurts will work his butt off to accomplish whichever tasks are presented to him this offseason.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’s been the making the explosive plays maker. But I can agree that he could totally be the short and intermediate timing accurate passer. Really what I hope is the main point of emphasis this offseason. We all know Hurts will work his butt off to accomplish whichever tasks are presented to him this offseason.

Ham, use your eyes... when the slant is on the money in tight coverage, thats the QB.  When they hit a jump ball or a long underthrown pass where the WR is ahead of the DB.. thats the WR making that play.  Stop with 2022 new definition of explosive plays.  

Just now, joemas6 said:

Ham, use your eyes... when the slant is on the money in tight coverage, thats the QB.  When they hit a jump ball or a long underthrown pass where the WR is ahead of the DB.. thats the WR making that play.  Stop with 2022 new definition of explosive plays.  

We can come all back to go back and forth all summer and next season on all this. You’ll have to put a pin in this. It’s draft time right now. Plenty enough going on to be discussed.

Hahaha could Nabers look any less thrilled to be a Giant?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hahaha could Nabers look any less thrilled to be a Giant?

or the airports in New YAHK

Don't know about moving back, we have 3 - 5th's. Pretty ballsy not going up last night. Thought it was over when the OL run started as we know HR and his linemen, although it works to an extent. HR's growing, think he's listening to others even more - including Siri's old roommate! If there's someone who can challenge for a starting position ( doesn't have to be at a position of need, but it helps! ) then by all means go get him.

Will be totally amazed - and happy - if we grab a LB tonight or early tomorrow

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I know it isn’t draft related but gotta believe we’ll bring back Zach Cunningham at some point. He was our best LB last season. Still sitting on the streets.

I really am digging the grey Eagles draft hat

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Do cartwheels if it’s Cooper or Wilson

Players will be permitted to wear Guardian Caps during games now

Kelly Green!

I don’t know why they haven’t changed helmets on the outside yet. Pretty obvious there will be less injuries if the hard helmet isn’t contacting others. Guess they still are spending millions on science to figure this easy obvious fact out.

Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

Malachi Corley, WR

Jackson Powers-Johnson, C

Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington

Adisa Isaac, EDGE, Penn State

Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan

A wish list for tonight. Haven't gone into OL much yet

All the S still lined up. I do perceive it as a need. Especially with Sidney Brown recovering. A FS type would be most ideal.

The board is still very strong. 50 and 53 just can’t help but be excited for what talent can still be acquired at this spot.

HR going twice at secondary - be still my beating heart!

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

HR going twice at secondary - be still my beating heart!

Yeah..,I’ve gone completely overboard even thinking about it. But we were 31st in pass coverage. Forced Rosie once…but no way he double dips. Lets get ready to welcome trench help.

One Oline and one Dline pick if he doesn’t trade. Put that in the bank. Its already done.

Move up for DeJean,then go have a beer

That would be bye bye Bradberry. Like DeJean and thought that's who we were going to wind up w/ last night. Plays all over

Chargers had to put the words draft room in the draft room. So people actually get lost going to take a pee?