Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm not really a Steen fan. I suppose I need to see more,but right now he's not a guy I could trust if we have a post season injury

He’s a day two draft pick…with a year of Stout seasoning under his belt. Pretty similar to anything you’d be talking about at this point. Exactly why and what he was drafted for. Jurgens just held on to the job. If coach had rolled with Steen instead of Opeta we’d have a much better idea for sure.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’s a day two draft pick…with a year of Stout seasoning under his belt. Pretty similar to anything you’d be talking about at this point. Exactly why and what he was drafted for. Jurgens just held on to the job. If coach had rolled with Steen instead of Opeta we’d have a much better idea for sure.

Not really sold on Opeta either. I am more cynical than you

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think so...you have to play to your passers strength ... the shorter the route the better.  Get the YAC.... but the vertical routes can absolutely open up space for that short crossing pattern... really up to Hurts here.   Plus... and I think it's key.  Establish the run early. 

So far …the big downfield plays has been the strength.

Powers-Johnson would be awesome under Soutland in my view and better than Steen

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well what is he supposed to say ":this guy sucks and we need someone else"? LOL But Stoutland is excellent. he could be even better if we provide better talent

Stout picked out Mailata and molded him. Can’t think of any coach I give carte blanche too more

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Powers-Johnson would be awesome under Soutland in my view and better than Steen

Maybe a better C than Jurgens even. He's a madman if you can funnel that intensity

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Stout picked out Mailata and molded him. Can’t think of any coach I give carte blanche too more

yeah but as i said who else does he have at this point?

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well he has to like him because there is no one else at the present time

Again no he doesn’t have to like him he can make it work sure but again far cry from endorsing him lol. 
Again Stout can be like hey we need a G does that mean we address it no 

Now if stout like hey Steens my guy he our starter that says a ton in my opinion 

• Like 1

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Again Stout can be like hey we need a G does that mean we address it no 

It means we should.it's a hint he thinks there are better guys to be had

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

There is no " don't set up your guy to succeed " idea here...otherwise we don't do it for Hurts in 2022.  

Just pay the guy early....use Wentz as the example...pay early and you can easily get out of the deal.  Wait.. you overpay and never can recover.  Howie is doing that this offseason with everyone... yet cap hits are all low using the max amount of years to spread things out .. and then also beating the market spike. 

Not all brilliance paying guys early…when you are backing up the Brinks truck to do it.

Steen is "the guy" because there is no one else is all I am saying. maybe he is,but I'd like some competition to prove it

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not all brilliance paying guys early…when you are backing up the Brinks truck to do it.

Then later you need 2 Brinks trucks

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not really sold on Opeta either. I am more cynical than you

He’s gone now…so that doesn’t matter anymore. Just saw Opeta as serviceable. That’s a point many aren’t seeming to consider here. Stout can get serviceable work out along the Oline. Could we get by with Steen under Stout while having a more talented player brought in at another position? Would this make us a better team as a whole?

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe a better C than Jurgens even. He's a madman if you can funnel that intensity

In my eyes much better.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Steen is "the guy" because there is no one else is all I am saying. maybe he is,but I'd like some competition to prove it

Hennessy…but yeah I see your point. Iron sharpens iron.

• Like 1

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Hennessy…but yeah I see your point. Iron sharpens iron.

So say PJ is a better C,then let Jurgens compete at RG. If Jurgens is a better C PJ can compete for the G spot. yeah I really feel Stoutland would love to have more guys to work with

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So say PJ is a better C,then let Jurgens compete at RG. If Jurgens is a better C PJ can compete for the G spot. yeah I really feel Stoutland would love to have more guys to work with

And then we have the depth we lack right now

So the real questions are 1) w/ the run on OL in the 1st, who is left that would be an improvement over Steen and 2) how would that person compare to other getable players at other positions

TBH I know nothing about Hennessey

When Kelce said what he said about Jurgens I felt the question at C was answered, now not so sure

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

So the real questions are 1) w/ the run on OL in the 1st, who is left that would be an improvement over Steen and 2) how would that person compare to other getable players at other positions

I don't think we should ignore an O line pick tonight. Gotta look at Cooper at LB,Mahogany is one of the few T/G's left,but 53 is too high for him

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

When Kelce said what he said about Jurgens I felt the question at C was answered, now not so sure

Kelce also said Dickerson was the guy LOL

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I don't think we should ignore an O line pick tonight. Gotta look at Cooper at LB,Mahogany is one of the few T/G's left,but 53 is too high for him

Still a million ways to go. Board is still stacked as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1

We could go WR Franklin and TE Sinnett…I’d be fine with that…..LB Wilson and DT Jenkins….think Rosie probably trades back today…but would be perfectly fine if we just grab two significant players pretty much play anywhere.