EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was planning on playing with it too. Lets pray Jalen's is not as serious

Yeah, that’s concerning. I did google "playing through a torn labrum” and found out Anthony Davis has had one for three years, George Kittle as well. DeMarcus Lawrence played through it. 

There’s hope. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Yes, all those teams should consider trading a high-round pick for the right to pay a running back $15M a year. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yes, all those teams should consider trading a high-round pick for the right to pay a running back $15M a year. 

It was a joke.  Obviously the dude is good and everyone would be better having him.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It was a joke.  Obviously the dude is good and everyone would be better having him.

I know that’s Field Yates’ schtick (he’s a pretty funny follow actually), but that’s the thing, would a team be better having him and paying him $15M?

Interesting, so Tyrell Williams tore the labrum in his other shoulder and played effectively through it before having offseason surgery. This one was the opposite shoulder. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Only thing I could find was he tore his labrum in college but played his senior season in 2014. Not sure what else or what's so extensive unless he had setbacks.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2020/08/31/fox-nfl-broadcasting-teams-2020

Fox announced its full roster of NFL broadcast teams for the 2020 season on Monday, and here's what it looks like:

• Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews and Mike Pereira
• Kevin Burkhardt, Daryl "Moose” Johnston and Pam Oliver
• Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth and Lindsay Czarniak
• Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma and Shannon Spake
• Kevin Kugler, Chris Spielman and Laura Okmin
• Chris Myers, Greg Jennings, Brock Huard and Jennifer Hale

Additional play-by-play announcers: Dick Stockton, Tim Brando, Joe Davis and Brandon Gaudin

• Additional analysts: Brady Quinn, Matt Millen and Robert Smith

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I agree i liked the reagor pick as well though lots of pundits argued he went to high.

I agree that Howie has been all over the place when it comes to his drafts.

Which i think in part has to do with different GMs and what coaches want and it seems that changes as the league evolves and changes as well.

I think the most successful franchises are those that know exactly what they want then identify those players that fit what they want to do and put them in a position to succeed in what they identified they wanted and thought they could do. Teams like steelers and Pats have been really good at identifying players that can do what they need them to do then putting them in position to do that. They dont often draft players that dont fit what theyre doing though there are exceptions.

Sometimes injuries happen and players are put in position to do things that they werent exactly drafted to do but too many times seems howie is drafting a guy out of value or sparq score without considering whether that guy even can do what one has identified as needing a player to do.

Example Chris Gocong. ( though not a howie run draft)Like the player like the talent like the value of the pick dont like that he doesnt fit a 43 defense and was a square peg in jj defense. He fit a 34 defense to a T and so eagles brass either misidentified what he could do or were asking him to do something he hadnt been identified as able to do.

So yeah i agree Howie needs to be less scattered and more specific and focused with his drafts

He seems to be better at UDFA then actual drafts and better at trades and even FA but not so much drafting.

To this day the Gocong draft pick drives me crazy.  I still think if the Steelers or Ravens drafted him he would have been a Pro Bowl OLB in a 3-4.  The guy was wired ad built to rush the passer in the 3-4 and the Eagles drafted him to cover tight ends.  What the heck were they thinking.  Then there's the Patriots game where he was put in a position to rush the passer and he played like we all thought he could.

47 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’d pay him $2M on a one-year deal.  Sanders gets dinged somewhat frequently, and Clement has a spotty injury history as well

46 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Not sure if this has been discussed but apparently Doug is anticipating Sanders, Lane, Hargrave, and Barnett to be ready for game 1. That would be a pleasant surprise given this teams history with injuries lingering. 

Surprise?  Its the thing keeping me from being a nervous wreck. 

36 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

We don't know how Mailata will go when the bullets are real - we know Pryor has the history of playing but that gives us his limitations too.  At the back of the coaching staffs head will be, we sucked it up last year at DE and it went ok, at some point, we have to trust our picks on OL too.  We can't band aid the team forever.

That short run down of Pryors work in the Sea and NYG games gives me a better feeling about him, especially since he will be playing next to Lane Johnson and not Vatiai.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not sure if it's just me but... Football is less than 2 weeks away and it doesn't feel it. By this time of year usually I'm like a kid before Christmas but this year? I don't know I'm just not feeling it. 

Maybe I'm still a little skeptical that football will happen? Even though so close to kick off it certainly seems like it will. 

Maybe I'm thinking COVID is going to play a huge part in the season and so this season just doesn't mean all that much. 

Or maybe I'm just thinking this Eagles team is going to be pretty damn bad and so I'm not as geared up for football? I know that's a really negative mindset but I just can't see anything but a struggle for this team. The injuries have already started. The OL is now a mess. The LBs and secondary already had a ton of issues and questions. 

I just can't see it being a very fun year for us as Eagles fans.

I'm with you.  I'm also not excited to have social justice messages everywhere we look on the screen.  I'm sorry for those who disagree but I just don't need to see it on every player, coach, end zone as well as hearing stories throughout the game all while players still kneel.

I'm not skeptical at all.  The season is going to happen.  My excitement just isn't there.

39 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Good luck. 

I think somebody would fork over a 1st round pick for him.  I don’t think he’s as good as most people do, but I do like a RB who can run between the tackles and catch.

Pretty sure the Saints will get him signed, though 

53 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Massive red flag for anyone that wants to bring him in 

Not really. Just means the league thought 4m was too much 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

I think somebody would fork over a 1st round pick for him.  I don’t think he’s as good as most people do, but I do like a RB who can run between the tackles and catch.

Pretty sure the Saints will get him signed, though 

After this announcement? 

42 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, that’s concerning. I did google "playing through a torn labrum” and found out Anthony Davis has had one for three years, George Kittle as well. DeMarcus Lawrence played through it. 

There’s hope. 

It’s amazing how teams still over value the RB position.  It’s one thing to pay a guy good money at the position, who’s earned it, etc....it’s another to expect a team to give up a King’s ransom for one AND to pay him.

But you never know...a team might bite. 

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

It’s amazing how teams still over value the RB position.  It’s one thing to pay a guy good money at the position, who’s earned it, etc....it’s another to expect a team to give up a King’s ransom for one AND to pay him.

But you never know...a team might bite. 

Agree with what you're saying, however I think Kamara is a serious offensive weapon, not just a running back.  His salary should be interesting to see.  Joe Mixon got what, $48 million for 4 years?  How do he and Kamara compare on a production level?

The Saints should absolutely trade Kamara.  

When Sanders has 1 year left on his deal, I'll be arguing the same thing with everyone.  That's the value in the RB position.  Draft a good one, use them for 3-4 years, trade them for a pick 1 round higher than you drafted them.  Repeat.  

I don't care if Sanders rushes for over 1,000 yards and goes to the pro-bowl in each of the next 2 seasons.  Trade him for a first in the 2022 draft if he does.  And if he's a tick below that level but still really good, trade him for a 2nd.

Of course, we have a GM that can't draft.  So we sometimes need to hang on to every player we do get who can play for a bit longer than ideal. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I'm sure it'll be fine.  

Howie, always the negotiator, should use that in trade talks in the future.  

Well, I can't draft.  So that 2nd round pick you are offering me really has 3rd round value.  You'll need to offer a first to give me second round value for my player.

One thing about Reagor that may or may not have been mentioned... he needs to be taken off the punt return team. No use risking him there. 

39 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Not really. Just means the league thought 4m was too much 

A 30 year old Latavius Murray is almost making that. If teams aren't willing to fork out a little more for a 25 year old guy, there's issues

Archived