EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Was there a brain eating virus that went through that I am unaware of?

I don't think people are any dumber now then ever. Dumb people have just gotten a lot more confident and loud. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You guys see who's on the next season of Dancing With The Stars?!

Carole F-ing Baskin.......that's who..

RIP her partner 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You guys see who's on the next season of Dancing With The Stars?!

Carole F-ing Baskin.......that's who..

Take this to FYE. 

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

The agent in all likelihood was McLane’s source. 

But, no, there isn’t anything on the record. 

I agree the usual suspect is the agent but McLane specifically said the agent didn’t respond.  Except McLane’s article said he reached out to the agent and no response. "Peters’ agent, Vincent Taylor, didn’t respond to a request for comment.“.

He used the phrase "NFL source”. Not Eagles, not Peters, not his agent.  Heck this could have been McLane chatting with Jeremiah (an NFL Network employee thus an NFL source) and McLane saying something like I would suspect JP would want a raise to move back to LT, Jeremiah agreeing and McLane thinking that’s a good thing to write about and will get people talking and mentioning him. Heck "NFL source” is so vague it could be some low level person at a competing team trying to sew discord for all that we know.  

Then all the other reporters and Florio reference the McLane story.  So no one else has referenced a source other than McLane. (Only McLane has that source?)

I prefer to think it is the little voices in McLane’s head.  

6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I don't think people are any dumber now then ever. Dumb people have just gotten a lot more confident and loud. 

I believe you're entirely correct:

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I hope it’s because they need to find out if Pryor or Mailata can handle swing tackle duties if necessary, and Peters can move there whenever. 

Exactly.  Supposedly both took snaps at LT with the ones. Driscoll took snaps at RT too. 

48 minutes ago, greend said:

Maybe nothing to you, that doesn't mean that you are the authority on what people should get upset about. Moving on...........................

Since when? 

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

They need all the reps they can get, Mailata especially. 

Yup

peters is a known quantity there

i dont doubt he wants more money to do it. He has always been about his money

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Especially given he missed the first two weeks of this TC due to COVID. 

First two weeks was conditioning for the most part. He said he participated with everything online. Sounds like he was exposed not actually sick. 

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I agree the usual suspect is the agent but McLane specifically said the agent didn’t respond.  Except McLane’s article said he reached out to the agent and no response. "Peters’ agent, Vincent Taylor, didn’t respond to a request for comment.“.

He used the phrase "NFL source”. Not Eagles, not Peters, not his agent.  Heck this could have been McLane chatting with Jeremiah (an NFL Network employee thus an NFL source) and McLane saying something like I would suspect JP would want a raise to move back to LT, Jeremiah agreeing and McLane thinking that’s a good thing to write about and will get people talking and mentioning him. Heck "NFL source” is so vague it could be some low level person at a competing team trying to sew discord for all that we know.  

Then all the other reporters and Florio reference the McLane story.  So no one else has referenced a source other than McLane. (Only McLane has that source?)

I prefer to think it is the little voices in McLane’s head.  

I have zero doubt someone told him that and he’s not making it up.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Don;t see who to keep is tough so Im guessing that comment means who do you start at each spot (FS, SS, Big Nickel slot/LB swap)

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I don’t think he is lying that someone somehow employed in the NFL discussed it with him.  I just doubt that discussion was from the level of knowledge JP, his agent and Howie’s team have.  And McLane has pushed this sort of story before where nothing came of it, so I do doubt the credibility or accuracy of his sources at times. I do think he holds a grudge for his press box removal. 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Take this to RNR....Thanks.  

That’s meant for trash talking opposing teams. Do you even go here?

18 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Was he talking about Bradley’s missed tackles on Sunday?

10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Don;t see who to keep is tough so Im guessing that comment means who do you start at each spot (FS, SS, Big Nickel slot/LB swap)

Top 4 are basically locks. Arnold seemed to have a good camp. Still have Epps, Ford and Jacquet/Riley were occasionally mentioned in camp notes 

Guest justrelax
22 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

And I  have a lot, so we average out to...?

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Take this to RNR....Thanks.  

C’mon, you know you’re like most of us wondering how Bill and Ted III works without Carlin.

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I take that to mean he would keep five but he only has four spots.  Wallace was taking the lower level reps in practice. 

31 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yup

peters is a known quantity there

i dont doubt he wants more money to do it. He has always been about his money

I'm about my money too.  Love my money.  Want my money to be more money

Archived