Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Welp.  That’s that.  Can’t blame Hart for that.  Great passing.  JFC.  I hate losing to this team almost as much as the Cowboys 

Frankly I don’t think their defense is nearly good enough to win a cup. I don’t think they’re legitimate contenders because I think if you put them against teams like Tampa Bay, Boston and some of those teams in a seven game series they’re not gonna win a seven game series against them. their defense isn’t good enough. Losing niskanen hurt by even with niskanen i didn’t think they were good enough.

I like provorov, sanheim and Myers but i don’t think any of them are legit no. 1 defensemen. Maybe at some point they become that as they advance and mature but i don’t see any of them as a pietrangelo, Duncan Keith, doughty. I’m not sure any of them ever become that great. I understand Flyers fans like to think their prospects are going to be that but just because you’re good does not mean they become great. Go look at the last 10 Stanley Cup winners besides the Penguins who only had Kris Letang and they made up for it by having the best player on the planet all of them have had that type of number one defenseman. I don’t see the flyers having that. 

• Like 2

Lol the flyers can't hit an open net from the face off dot and of course that guy hits it from center ice 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly I don’t think their defense is nearly good enough to win a cup. I don’t think they’re legitimate contenders because I think if you put them against teams like Tampa Bay, Boston and some of those teams in a seven game series they’re not gonna win a seven game series against them. their defense isn’t good enough. Losing niskanen hurt by even with niskanen i didn’t think they were good enough.

I like provorov, sanheim and Myers but i don’t think any of them are legit no. 1 defensemen. Maybe at some point they become that as they advance and mature but i don’t see any of them as a pietrangelo, Duncan Keith, doughty. I’m not sure any of them ever become that great. I understand Flyers fans like to think their prospects are going to be there but just because you’re good does not mean they’re great   Go look at the last 10 Stanley Cup winners besides the Penguins who only had Kris Letang and they made up for it by having the best player on the planet all of them have had that type of number one defenseman. I don’t see the flyers having that. 

Provorov isn't that #1 shut down defensemen.  If he has a good partner who is also a #2, he can thrive.  Our defense needs a lot of work.  I think the trade for Ekhlom and then extend him isn't the worst idea.  I know you said one of Myers or Sanhiem would be exposed during the next expansion draft but you deal with that as it gets closer.  You could use one of them in a package to trade for a goal scorer.

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Provorov isn't that #1 shut down defensemen.  If he has a good partner who is also a #2, he can thrive.  Our defense needs a lot of work.  I think the trade for Ekhlom and then extend him isn't the worst idea.  I know you said one of Myers or Sanhiem would be exposed during the next expansion draft but you deal with that as it gets closer.  You could use one of them in a package to trade for a goal scorer.

I wouldn’t make that move simply because I don’t think that puts them over the top of Tampa Bay or Boston. To me the Flyers are just not ready yet to be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. I think they’re good and I think they’re in that tier right after Boston, Tampa Bay and teams like that who are legitimate contenders. This team isn’t ready yet.  I’d rather til next year. I just don’t think this year they are ready to compete with Boston or tampa. 

let’s just be honest with ourselves the Flyers record really isn’t indicative of how they play this year. There’s a lot of games where you come out of it saying wow they won but that was not very impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t make that move simply because I don’t think that puts them over the top of Tampa Bay or Boston. To me the Flyers are just not ready yet to be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. I think they’re good and I think they’re in that tier right after Boston, Tampa Bay and teams like that who are legitimate contenders. This team isn’t ready yet.  I’d rather til next year. I just don’t think this year they are ready to compete with Boston or tampa. 

let’s just be honest with ourselves the Flyers record really isn’t indicative of how they play this year. There’s a lot of games where you come out of it saying wow they won but that was not very impressive. 

They need a top pair defensemen regardless. He is only 30 so he should have 3 good years left. You can use Myers in the trade package if you are worried about having  too many players exposed for the expansion draft. 

From the athletic 

1.  Mattias Ekholm, Predators: Ekholm might be the most attractive all-around player available right now. Ekholm is a 30-year-old, top-four defenseman who is signed for both this year and next at an attractive salary-cap number ($3.75 million), which gives you two potential playoff runs. "He’s a pretty well-rounded defenseman who is a No. 2-3 on a lot of teams,” said an executive. "The contract is great. … If you’re in your window and you can add that quality of a player for $3.75 million, have that for two years while you’re in your window, that’s huge value.”

A big consideration is that any team acquiring Ekholm would almost certainly have to find a fit for him on their expansion-draft protected list, and that’s a complication for NHL teams with reasonable blue line depth. Any team landing Ekholm might have to make a second trade with Seattle if they want to hang onto him beyond this season.

2.  Jack Eichel, Sabres: In terms of this being a realistic trade deadline deal, this is way too high for Eichel. But in terms of star power, and a player who could change teams at some point, there’s nobody better. If it happens at all, this is likely a summer trade. Eichel’s no-trade doesn’t kick in until after the 2021-22 season so there’s no immediate rush here, only a window of time in which the Sabres retain leverage. The Sabres are struggling again and the questions about Eichel’s future have resurfaced and there is some compelling logic to seeing him end up with the Rangers, a team that has attractive young assets that could be packaged in return.

"I think at the end of the day, Jack Eichel is going to end up a New York Ranger,” predicted one executive. "I just don’t know when that’s going to be.”

But not everybody is convinced the Rangers should be the front-runner if Eichel hits the market. One source pointed out that they don’t have the high-end center it would take for an Eichel trade to make sense for the Sabres. Instead, he thought the Kings were a better match.

"LA is a team that people should be looking long and hard with (Quinton) Byfield, (Alex) Turcotte and plenty of other pieces,” he said. "And does Buffalo really want to play against this guy a bunch every year or do they want him in the Western Conference?”

Another fun debate centers around what it might take to acquire a franchise center like Eichel. "I would give up a lot for him. Talent-wise, he’s a top 10 forward in the league,” said another executive. "If they want to trade him, they are going to get a lot for him

8 hours ago, Khani1 said:

They need a top pair defensemen regardless. He is only 30 so he should have 3 good years left. You can use Myers in the trade package if you are worried about having  too many players exposed for the expansion draft. 

i think our d is bigger problem than just one guy, i think it's everyone on d and isnt that good and alot of fans that are hyped over this d core doesnt want to believe it. i even questioned their d last year that i think it needs a major overhaul. like trade some forwards for d and some d and picks for d.

that's how we were good before 2012, they were focused on younger forwards and more experienced d and that's what the hurricanes have right now more experienced d and younger forwards.

This team sucks phat schlong.

This isn’t on Elliot.

it’s like blaming the one guy on the beach for not stoping the invasion force. 

Flyers might get swept in these three games by the penguins without crosby. Wow 

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

what a joke

Honestly they really shouldn’t make a big move. They aren’t ready 

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Crosby is playing and assisted on the 2nd goal.  

I’m not home just saw the score and yahoo says the second goal was unassisted. So swept and didn’t have him for one game. 

Get home from work and check the score before going to watch a stream and see we're already down 3-1 after the 1st.  Are they really playing that bad that I should do something else instead of watching? 

Wahhh, Giroux sucks, wahhhh, trade him!

• Haha 1

Insane that Patrick kane is on pace for 82 points this season in 56 games. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok 3rd goal.  Whatever.  He’s playing.  

I wasn’t saying about you. Yahoo doesn’t even have crosby have an assist. It’s why i thought he just wasn’t playing due to the covid issue. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wasn’t saying about you. Yahoo doesn’t even have crosby have an assist. It’s why i thought he just wasn’t playing due to the covid issue. 

NHL.com doesn't have him with an assist, either.

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

:fishing:  Good luck. 

Wasn’t anything about the discussion yesterday. Was looking at the top point scorers in the NHL on yahoo. It’s just insane he’s having that type of season at 32/33. He would be on pace fore 121 points if they were gonna play 82 games. McDavid is on pace for 90. McDavid if they played 82 is on pace for 131. We haven’t seen numbers like that in a while. Edmonton has him and draisaitl on pace for 78. JVR is on pace for 72. Hats off to JVR having a resurgence 

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wasn’t anything about the discussion yesterday. Was looking at the top point scorers in the NHL. It’s just insane he’s having that type of season at 32/33. He would be on pace fore 121 points if they were gonna play 82 games. McDavid is on pace for 90. McDavid if they played 82 is on pace for 131. We haven’t seen numbers like that in a while. Edmonton has him and draisaitl on pace for 78. JVR is on pace for 72. Hats off to JVR having a resurgence 

Two seasons ago Kucherov had 128 pts with McDavid at 116 (in 78 games).  Other than that you do have to go back over a decade to find a season with a 120+ point scorer with more than 5-6 other players cracking the 100 pt mark.

Let's see if JVR can keep this pace up, or close to it, over the course of the full shortened season.

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Two seasons ago Kucherov had 128 pts with McDavid at 116 (in 78 games).  Other than that you do have to go back over a decade to find a season with a 120+ point scorer with more than 5-6 other players cracking the 100 pt mark.

Let's see if JVR can keep this pace up, or close to it, over the course of the full shortened season.

That’s what my point was it doesn’t happen very often we see players get to 120 points.  I think the last time before Kucherov and McDavid got that high Crosby was the last to get to 120 and that was 2006-07

Big save by Elliott there.  Hopefully the Flyers reward him for that with a tying goal.