Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I hope they bring back Darren Pang along with Clement and others.  

Clement was still doing some Flyers broadcasts earlier this year, wasn't he? NBC/Comcast contract probably wouldn't allow him to do ESPN games.

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is Thorne stilling doing games for MSG?

I'm not sure if he's doing hockey for MSG, but I do know that he was calling baseball for I believe the Orioles on MASN last  time I came across him.

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

BTW, where is that guy who got all pissy when I called Hart overrated.  Kinda quiet lately, isn't he?

Hart is an enigma. Too early to judge the guy overall, but he's definitely a disappointment right now. Coming into the season, I'd say the hype was justified, even though there were some ominous signs about his development during the playoffs last year. Is he overrated currently? I think it's hard to say, because most fans would probably tell you right now that he's not good enough, so they'd be properly rating him. It's a difficult year with the pandemic ongoing, and it's not unusual for a young goalie to hit a slump along the way even in normal times, so I'm hopeful he can get it turned around. Maybe he needs a new coach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Clement was still doing some Flyers broadcasts earlier this year, wasn't he? NBC/Comcast contract probably wouldn't allow him to do ESPN games.

Clement retired this year

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Clement retired this year

Good for him! I'll miss his old-school perspective.

• Like 1

Lol still living in 4for4's head. I haven't seen any of the past 3 games, unlike him and the other guy I don't blindly look at the box score after a loss and say the team sucks.

We should trade Hart away since he's so terrible, not like giving up on a young goalie has ever burned us before. Also not like Hart dragged this team to game 7 in the second round of the playoffs either. Yeah, kid is totally overrated. So sad you wasted all that money on center ice and you still have no idea what you're talking about. He's having a bad stretch, coming off the heels of a great season.

But keep hoping he sucks so you can be right, it's your shtick after all  gotta stick to it!

8 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm not sure if he's doing hockey for MSG, but I do know that he was calling baseball for I believe the Orioles on MASN last  time I came across him.

Hart is an enigma. Too early to judge the guy overall, but he's definitely a disappointment right now. Coming into the season, I'd say the hype was justified, even though there were some ominous signs about his development during the playoffs last year. Is he overrated currently? I think it's hard to say, because most fans would probably tell you right now that he's not good enough, so they'd be properly rating him. It's a difficult year with the pandemic ongoing, and it's not unusual for a young goalie to hit a slump along the way even in normal times, so I'm hopeful he can get it turned around. Maybe he needs a new coach.

Stop using logic or reason, Hart sucks!

• Like 1

Can't even recall the last Flyers fight I saw.  Nice to see.  Love the reaction from the Flyers.  Let's see if this provides any kind of spark for the rest of the game.  At least cut down on the TOs.

Taryn is looking especially nice tonight.

• Like 2

Assuming a forward blew coverage there, provorov had the guy charging the net and Carlson came in with no one around 

this defense is s###, anyone that thinks we are winning a cup with this d needs their heads examined, it's an ahl defense that's what it is. defense needs an overhaul like carolina overhauled their d.

Ain't over yet.  They get the next one in the next 10 minutes and we got us a hockey game.  Still, seems they allow opportunities after they score a goal.  Need to clamp down on that.

'Stache goal.  It's a hockey game again.  Plenty of time to tie it up. 

And ah, ish!  A penalty.

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

4 on 4 again, wonder what happened with giroux and kuznetsov

The way JJ and Jonesy were talking it sounded like we were going to be shorthanded.

Power Play!  Do something with it.  Keep it simple.  Bodies in front, pucks on the net.

Well that sucked.  THREE frigging sling shots to enter the zone on that PP.  :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, devpool said:

Hayes had a Fing HORRIBLE game. Holy ish was he terrible tonight 

He tries to do too much with the puck.  Holds onto it too long instead of making a pass. 

46 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

He tries to do too much with the puck.  Holds onto it too long instead of making a pass. 

Yea I will grant him that it sometimes works, but way more often than not he turns it over. He also had several absolutely bone headed passes, one of which i believe was on a power play and nearly led to a breakaway. He was good last year, and I think numbers wise he is about the same as last year but man it just doesn't seem like it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

The anti-Giroux 

For the life of me I cannot understand how a professional hockey team uses the slingshot entry.