Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Trail the Bruins for the last playoff spot by 3. Bruins about to play the Sabres for 2 and we got the islanders for 3. Might find ourselves 7 points back real quick 

Good thing I had to work tonight and didn't see this pathetic display.  How in the F do you lose 9-0 to the stinkin' Rangers?  Where's the accountability on this team?  And if ish like this happened under the previous coaches then you need to look at the players who have been here over that time.  What a freakin' disgrace.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Good thing I had to work tonight and didn't see this pathetic display.  How in the F do you lose 9-0 to the stinkin' Rangers?  Where's the accountability on this team?  And if ish like this happened under the previous coaches then you need to look at the players who have been here over that time.  What a freakin' disgrace.

Yup. Been what a lot of us have been saying for a while. Theyve been this jykell and hyde team dating back to the second to last season lavy was here. they haven’t made the playoffs in back to back years since 2010-11 and 2011-12. They have a playoff season and then the next year they regress. And they have an issue at times where they don’t show up for large stretches of the game and then come on like gangbusters at the end or they come out strong and then don’t play the last two periods. This crap has been going on four different coaches. At some point in time it is your players not the coaching. 

• Like 2

Just a reminder that this team is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast. A lot of these issues start at the very top with a shadowy ownership tasked with holding itself accountable. I'd get used to these kinds of seasons, because more are on the way with these suits in charge.

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. Been what a lot of us have been saying for a while. Theyve been this jykell and hyde team dating back to the second to last season lavy was here. they haven’t made the playoffs in back to back years since 2010-11 and 2011-12. They have a playoff season and then the next year they regress. And they have an issue at times where they don’t show up for large stretches of the game and then come on like gangbusters at the end or they come out strong and then don’t play the last two periods. This crap has been going on four different coaches. At some point in time it is your players not the coaching. 

yup, the talent level on this team was never that good, i have been saying it for years and it shows against the great teams we are playing even against tampa last year, the way we played against tampa was bad, their talent level was way above ours and says everything and i said if we played the lightning in the playoffs it would be an automatic exit, no chance even the rangers are going to be a force they are not going to be a bad team, we need talent in the offseason.

we cant tank for it because the lottery is joke and we could be the sabres for 15 years. we have to find a way to get rid of giroux and jake's contracts and trade for new talent because we have the assets to get them and if we dont, we are going to be an average team not making the playoffs until the talent in our division retires.

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Just a reminder that this team is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast. A lot of these issues start at the very top with a shadowy ownership tasked with holding itself accountable. I'd get used to these kinds of seasons, because more are on the way with these suits in charge.

this started before snider died. They’ve had the issues with playing 60 minutes and some of the issues now they’ve had dating back to 2012-13. Flyers fans don’t want to admit it but the players who have been here through 4 different coaches are the leaders and you still have some of the same issues about showing up and effort for 60 mins. It is on them. When you have 4 different coaches and see some of the same things happen it eventually ain’t the coaches. Like i said previously this team for almost a decade hasn’t had back to back playoff seasons and the year after they make a run they regress every time. At this point I’m done firing coaches, your veteran leadership might not have had cup contender talent but they’ve had enough talent to at least make the playoffs and they continuously do it one year then fall back to mediocre/bad with this lackadaisical and not consistent 60 min effort 

What a depressing time to be a four sport Philly fan. One contender, and three awful teams. Thank god for the Sixers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devpool said:

At least they had the decency to play that game when 90%of the country was blackout drunk

Kind of lucky the sixers were on tv tbh and more people gravitated to that game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Let’s keep it under a touchdown tonight.  

But i got the over 

Holy ish!  They scored!  Lindblom with the rebound goal.  TK with the win along the boards to start the play.  Was wondering how they'd respond to the woodshed asswhooping they took.  Can they keep this up?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Do grown adults really care about St Patrick’s Day?  

I've been a liquor retail manager for a long time and I can honestly answer yes, they do.  ANY excuse to drink loads of people jump all over it.  I'm just disturbed by the seltzer craze right now. 

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I've been a liquor retail manager for a long time and I can honestly answer yes, they do.  ANY excuse to drink loads of people jump all over it.  I'm just disturbed by the seltzer craze right now. 

Went to Boston for st. Patrick’s day when i was 22 what an experience lol 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Went to Boston for st. Patrick’s day when i was 22 what an experience lol 

Had a childhood friend who got a job in NYC so one year went up to go out on St. Paddy's Day, where the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade is the biggest parade in the US.  We were trying to cross the street the parade was coming down, which the cops would stop the parade now and then for a couple minutes to allow people to cross, and while looking down the blocks I was amazed how long that MFer was.  Damn.  The first pub we go to didn't have any Guinness, just Murphy's.  Really?  You're a bar in NYC and you don't have Guinness on St. Paddy's. 

We also went to the 1st and 3rd of the Guinness Fleadhs, musical festivals on Randall's Island.  Mostly Irish musicians, but there were others as well.  Great time.  As one of the attending said near us, "Who's bloody grand idea was it to get a bunch of pasty skinned folk out in the midday Summer Sun drinking loads of alcohol?" 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Will they blow this 2 goal lead? 

It's their recent MO, so seems likely.  This is where they need to turn the screws and take games over.  Are they capable of that?  Considering what they have on the blueline I'd say no.

I'm having a nice, quiet evening at home alone. Made a homecooked meal and enjoying a glass of wine. Do I want to ruin it by turning on the game? Lol.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Will they blow this 2 goal lead? 

Nahhh. They are winning tonight.

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm having a nice, quiet evening at home alone. Made a homecooked meal and enjoting a glass of wine. Do I want to ruin it by turning on the game? Lol.

So far it's safe.  And now it's 3-0.  What did you make for dinner?  I'm going to saute green and Jalapeno peppers with sweet onions in sesame oil with chipotle chili powder and add that to green zucchini squash noodles with tomato sauce and smoked paprika with chicken marinated in wood smoked pepper oil (I got an oil infuser).  I like spices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

So far it's safe.  And now it's 3-0.  What did you make for dinner?  I'm going to saute green and Jalapeno peppers with sweet onions in sesame oil with chipotle chili powder and add that to green zucchini squash noodles with tomato sauce and smoked paprika with chicken marinated in wood smoked pepper oil (I got an oil infuser).  I like spices.

I had a deal on a mealkit for cherry-balsamic pork chops. Paired it with a really cheap Beaujolais. It worked out better than I anticipated.

20210318_200850.thumb.jpg.5c66e1fa066b569e255527bba3215ce2.jpg

• Like 2

Was at dinner for the first 2 periods, don't want to ruin their luck by watching so I'll scoreboard watch for tonight 

• Like 1

Halfway through the 3rd and Flyers have a 27-14 shot advantage.