Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Clode!  He's got a brace tonight.  Elliott  makes the big save and the Flyers reward him.

[Insert Giroux sucks comment here]

Be nice to come back all the way from 3-0 down after just 4 minutes of play and win this thing.

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Giroux again! Possibly Laughton 

Yup.  That bounced off Laughton and in.  G with the assist instead of the goal.

We got the lead!

G gets his 2nd of the game this time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devpool said:

GIROUX SUCKS!!!

Yup that’s what people were saying. Wait last week I said he and coots needed to start scoring goals got told no he doesn’t. Meanwhile him scoring a goal changed the momentum of the game. And then won it. But you are right he and coots didn’t  need to score goals... meanwhile about to win 3 of 4 games cause he and coots have 5 goals in that span lol and 3 tonight lol

• Like 1

Pens TO lets our guys catch their breath.  C'mon, lads.  Finish this off.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup that’s what people were saying.

Funny how these people are mysteriously absent from the thread tonight after the comeback began :rolleyes:

Great comeback win vs the hated dbag Pens.  F you, Crotchby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Funny how these people are mysteriously absent from the thread tonight after the comeback began :rolleyes:

Was I absent? I feel like I was posting in here the entire time. And exactly what I said last week needed to happen for them to get to where they wanted to go which was coots and giroux need to start scoring goals. They scored three tonight and that is why they were able to win that game. It’s exactly what I said last week they needed from them to get where they want to go 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was I absent? I feel like I was posting in here the entire time.

Nah, and I haven't really seen you riding the "Giroux sucks" train. Maybe I missed something, though.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why bother?   He’s a child.  

F em all!  But F him twice.  

It’s the principle that they are 3-1-0 in the last four and won a game like tonight because coots and giroux started scoring goals. which is what they need in order to beat the teams like Boston and Tampa which is what i stated they needed to do 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Nah, I haven't really seen you being on the "Giroux sucks" train. Maybe I missed something, though.

I don’t think he sucks. I’ve never said he sucks. I would’ve dealt him prior when the flyers took a step back after his 102 point season because i don’t believe by the time this team became a true title contender he’d be as helpful as the prospect you’d have got and spaced cleared (personally don’t think this roster is capable of beating Tampa or Boston or even Toronto with how they are playing in a 7 game series).

However i did say last week that he and coot need to start scoring goals for the flyers to get where they want to go. If the Flyers are going to beat the better teams in this league those two have to be the guys that scoring goals more consistently and you can’t just rely on secondary and tertiary guys to carry you in those types of games. You need them to start scoring goals. And they did exactly that tonight and it’s why they won. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t think he sucks. I’ve never said he sucks. I would’ve dealt him prior when the flyers took a step back after his 102 point season because i don’t believe by the time this team became a true title contender he’d be as helpful as the prospect you’d have got and spaced cleared (personally don’t think this roster is capable of beating Tampa or Boston or even Toronto with how they are playing in a 7 game series).

However i did say last week that he and coot need to start scoring goals for the flyers to get where they want to go. If the Flyers are going to beat the better teams in this league those two have to be the guys that scoring goals more consistently and you can’t just rely on secondary and tertiary guys to carry you in those types of games. You need them to start scoring goals. And they did exactly that tonight and it’s why they won. 

That's a fair take, but I think we get a little too lost in the numbers with G when he's not scoring. He's highly respected by his teammates and has huge motivational power over them. Listen to how these guys talk about him in the PC last night. Losing Giroux would be taking away a spark that has repeatedly galvanized this team. As players age and their offensive prowess wanes, they can still be hugely important to a team's overall success if for nothing more than inspirational power.

11 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

and that's what they are paid to do carry the young players and not the young players carrying them. fabby is a great player but just relying on him is recipe for disaster. the d needs more veteran leadership, these young players on d look lost, it's like they dont know what to do with the puck, at least passing it to vet they know what to do.

25 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Anyone seeing a glitch on NBCSN at 1pm tomorrow.  ESPN is showing the Flyers game is on NBCSN but I see soccer scheduled for 1pm tomorrow?  NBC isn’t showing it on the schedule either.  I want to record it since I’ll be golfing tomorrow. 

NBC Sports App shows Flyers-Pens at 12, I'm guessing that's the start of the national pregame, though, and puck drop will be at 1 on NBCSN.

We really need a top goalie

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s what everything on the internet is saying.  But my channel guid (direct tv) isn’t saying that.  I asked my buddy who lives in Pa and his channel guide is saying the game is on Comcast 

Ditch Directv. Was great in the 90s now not so much 

Not a particularly great 1st period for the Flyers

10 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Not a particularly great 1st period for the Flyers

The PK was killer. And not scoring on our PP was also killer. I thought the Flyers looked like the better team at even strength. 

• Like 1

So much for using that last game as a springboard. 🙄 If this team doesn't get another top 4 veteran dman, they aren't going any further than the 2nd round.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, that sucks.

Hoping they win tomorrow. Would really suck to lose 3 of 4 games 

• Like 1