Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

1 minute ago, toughfighter83 said:

i cant blame fletch for this because when hextall was gm we had the cap space 2018 and ror and dougie was available and i wanted hextall to get these guys instead he didnt and blew money on jvr which was a mind blogging move because we needed a second line center and another defenseman and that really hurt us and didnt fire hak when trotz was available like nothing against av but he had a chance to get this team a ring when everything was there and for some reason he sat on it and made fletch clean his mess up.

if hextall made those moves this team would probably be better right now and fletch wouldnt have to get hayes and nisky and nothing against those players either and probably be in a better cap situation too.

That maybe true doesn’t mean fletcher is a great GM. His track record with Minnesota was solid not great. He was a GM there for 9 years. The furthest they got was the second round. Made the playoffs 6 of 9 years but lost in the first round 4 of the 6 years. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That maybe true doesn’t mean fletcher is a great GM. His track record with Minnesota was solid not great. He was a GM there for 9 years. The furthest they got was the second round. Made the playoffs 6 of 9 years but lost in the first round 4 of the 6 years. 

well, it's the same problem here as it is there goaltending plus always playing the kings and blackhawks wasnt an easy road either.

fact is we cant judge him on this season, you have to give him at least 3 years before we judge on whether he was successful or not. another note as least he's admitting his mistakes and knows what to fix, like hextall never did. all we can do is wait and see what he does.

52 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

well, it's the same problem here as it is there goaltending plus always playing the kings and blackhawks wasnt an easy road either.

fact is we cant judge him on this season, you have to give him at least 3 years before we judge on whether he was successful or not. another note as least he's admitting his mistakes and knows what to fix, like hextall never did. all we can do is wait and see what he does.

Their goaltending was a problem because of the drafting and developing and moves he made with the wild. He had nearly a decade to figure it out. So he lost in the first round 4 times. The stars, blues and jets were three of them. So he didn’t even get to the kings or blackhawks in his last 3 first round exits. 

I was making a point of of when he was hired i wasn’t impressed. He also hadn’t shown he knows how to fix it just cause you can admit mistakes and know what to fix does not mean he executes it well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was making a point of of when he was hired i wasn’t impressed. He also hadn’t shown he knows how to fix it just cause you can admit mistakes and know what to fix does not mean he executes it well

You weren't alone. It felt like a really underwhelming hiring at the time.

• Like 1

Just got home and see they are already down 4-1 after just 1 period to the Caps.  Getting out-shot 18-9 as well.  So, no need to even watch this game tonight.  Hopefully the Phightins can get the split.

Seems as if the Flyers have ended their season early 

I think they need a full blown rebuild consisting of management, coaching and players. The organization is broken.

Fire Fletcher, AV and trade away veteran players, accrual draft picks and young talent and then commence a rebuild. Fire the Phantoms coaching staff as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blazehound said:

I think they need a full blown rebuild consisting of management, coaching and players. The organization is broken.

Fire Fletcher, AV and trade away veteran players, accrual draft picks and young talent and then commence a rebuild. Fire the Phantoms coaching staff as well.

I think a complete rebuild at this point it’s too late. It needed to really be done after G’s 102 point season when they fell apart then next year. That’s really when it should’ve started. At this point i think you need to trade the veterans but unfortunately they locked themselves into voracek and hayes. i doubt anyone wants those contracts with how many years and money left on them. I dont think they are close. I’d try my best to deal JVR, g, voracek and even hayes tbh. I think with hayes if i could get out too early would be better than trying to get out too late. He’s only 28 which is in his prime. I think if you waited 3 more years when hes 31 even though he’d have two years left he’d be harder to trade. I tend to see him not aging well. 

this team frustrates the h out of me, like they wait until we are completely out of it and now they want to compete like seriously?  every player has to evaluated this summer and find out who wants to play and who doesnt, i dont care who goes right now, i want a team of players next year that want to win and not watching this dr. jeckel and mr.hide team again.

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

this team frustrates the h out of me, like they wait until we are completely out of it and now they want to compete like seriously?  every player has to evaluated this summer and find out who wants to play and who doesnt, i dont care who goes right now, i want a team of players next year that want to win and not watching this dr. jeckel and mr.hide team again.

Eh they tend to always play well against Pittsburgh over the last two years. They are 4-2 against them this year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carter hart done for the year with a Mcl sprain. I wonder how long he had this and they tried to let him play with it 

We did it we were eliminated from playoff contention!!!! 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

JFC

The Flyers are the first team in the four major sports for an entire decade to alternate years they make and miss the playoffs. 

#selltheteam

If we played the penguins every game we’d be a playoff team. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Nice to see some effort out there with no playoffs on the line. I guess.

They Fing own the penguins. They are 5-2 this year against them. It’s like the only team they show up for. 

10 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Nice to see some effort out there with no playoffs on the line. I guess.

Nevermind.

8 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Nevermind.

Make that 5-3 this year. Still playoff worthy lol