Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Two terrible penalties. Morin boards a guy and jvr gets aggressive with a guy lying on the ice. No discipline.

As usual, special teams fails the flyers and is the reason they are down 1-0. Islanders had 3 shots on net in the first.

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

As usual, special teams fails the flyers and is the reason they are down 1-0. Islanders had 3 shots on net in the first.

I feel like they are finding ways to lose games. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I feel like they are finding ways to lose games. 

Really special teams have been an issue for a while. It's weird that under lavy it was almost automatic, you felt good when they got a power play. Since he left it's been really spotty. It's exhausting.

PK last year (for the most part) was solid, aggressive. Now they've gone back to just sitting back, and lo and behold they're terrible. I will never understand it. You see on your own power plays that an aggressive penalty kill is disruptive and annoying, yet when you're killing penalties you sit back and let teams do whatever they want. Infuriating.

And there's the dagger. Yet another failed clear leads to a guy alone in the slot which leads to a goal. 2-0 with no hope of them finding any offense. 

They enter the zone and immediately turn the puck over and it heads the other way. Every dump in recovered by the islanders and set out of the zone. Constantly missing the net entirely. Missed passes, blind passes to no one. This team is so hard to watch. 

I hate this islanders team because they have one Fing good line, the barzal line. And yet the flyers can't do anything against the other 3 lines. 

Myers goes into the boards shoulder first and went right into the locker room. Hopefully just a stinger 

Hart stones barzal but provorov tripped eberle in the process 

9 minutes ago, devpool said:

I hate this islanders team because they have one Fing good line, the barzal line. And yet the flyers can't do anything against the other 3 lines. 

Honestly I’m just irritated that it’s been this way since the habs series where they struggle for large stretches to get it out of the zone. 

Old giroux has come to play, gave up the opportunity to pass and kept it for a SOG.

Myers is back

• Haha 1

Barzal is the only one to score in the shootout, flyers lose. Hart was great. Hopefully he is back to normal going forward 

I can't believe they're even technically still in this thing.

Got the win but sucks giving the bruins a point. Really only gained one point 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Got the win but sucks giving the bruins a point. Really only gained one point 

First time beating the Bruins this season.  Thanks for falling on your ass, Bergeron.

Still 3 points behind them and they have 2 games in hand as well.  Going to be a really tough task to finish ahead of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

First time beating the Bruins this season.  Thanks for falling on your ass, Bergeron.

Still 3 points behind them and they have 2 games in hand as well.  Going to be a really tough task to finish ahead of them.

Tonight is a near must win, especially in regulation.

5 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Tonight is a near must win, especially in regulation.

Yea i think I saw the bruins have like 6 games against Buffalo, which is basically at least 5 guaranteed wins for them so we really need to win each of these last games in regulation against them

I tuned in about halfway trough the first, Laughton had a breakaway that completely missed and left the zone which led to a 2 on 1 for Boston that was saved. Back down the ice and two flyers shots again completely missed the net. They've had chances but they're just flat out missing