Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

2 minutes ago, devpool said:

TK started very slowly and quietly has had a pretty solid couple of weeks as of late. 18 points in 20 games.

Fair enough. Though I would say Giroux has had just as good of a season, if not a better one.

I never would have guessed that. 

Oh, great.  The shootout.  Ick.

Once JJ said that was the guy's first SO attempt this season I knew he'd score. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Once JJ said that was the guy's first SO attempt this season I knew he'd score. 

I know the grass isn’t always greener, but JJ is really starting to wear on me.

39 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I know the grass isn’t always greener, but JJ is really starting to wear on me.

A lot of people think this and I don't really get why. Is there something specific about him that you don't like?

I think he's a great play by play guy, he isn't an extreme homer and he makes the game exciting. Paired with Jonesy i think they're a top broadcasting pair

• Like 1

I was kind of annoyed the way they kept whining about the major penalty in the first period for the entire game. They can get a bit too homer-ish for my liking, but in general, JJ is just a great announcer who calls the game well and imparts a high level of excitement to the commentary. Kind of old school. We're spoiled.

Yea it was annoying but I get why they did it, especially since it wasn't called the other way later in the game. Minor for boarding, sure. A game misconduct was horrible officiating. Not that Morin wins us that game but a shortened bench hurts.

Time to watch the official end of the season today

• Like 1

Provorov down, writhing. Took a puck to the knee.

Half of Bergeron points have come against the flyers lmao. Pathetic. Down 1-0 after yet another turnover in their own zone 

• Like 1

This PP is looking like the usual flyers PP. Can't do anything, no shots on goal 

Not a single shot on goal on that PP which is now a 4 on 4 because Patrick tripped up a bruin in the o zone. 

The most annoying part about this team is that everything they try to do, works against them all the time. All the cute passes they try to do never works for them, but every game against every team those same passes end up in the back of our net. This last bruins goal is exactly that. 

A puck leaving the zone dies literally right at the blue line and starts the bruins cycle, that puck would have gone an inch over the blue line for the flyers making it offsides. Nothing goes right for this team this year.

Nice to have an early game like this meaning I got to watch it.  Good win.  Still have a shot.

• Like 1