Big Brother 24** Godspeed, Poloma

JBENT87

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

It’s been used in survivor before. The goal is to secure one of two things. Get rid of the minority group ASAP so game play can pick back up or Give the minority a fighting chance to reopen the game. 

Yea, I just don' think it works as well for Big Brother. There is going to be extremely limited opportunities to plot anything secretly and also limits strategy. I like that they are trying to make it interesting overall, just think it's going to be a boring week.

45 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, I just don' think it works as well for Big Brother. There is going to be extremely limited opportunities to plot anything secretly and also limits strategy. I like that they are trying to make it interesting overall, just think it's going to be a boring week.

I think you might be surprised. As a feeds follower, the way things fell could not have been better for potentially interesting strategy.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone else completely turned off by the the way Taylor acted about the London trip?

I think we started to see her true colors for the first time. And while those snowflakes that got themselves kicked out are still disgusting people, I think Taylor might really sick too. Looking very petty, vengeful and vindictive.

The forty-somethings that ganged up on her are still gross, but I can see why she was the house outcast in the first couple weeks. She definitely has some spoiled only-child vibes going on. Like she's a little bit socially awkward mixed with the pageant girl attitude of having a huge ego and thinking she's hot ish. Makes for a pretty obnoxious personality that I'm sure rubbed a lot of people the wrong way early on. 

15 minutes ago, Kz! said:

The forty-somethings that ganged up on her are still gross, but I can see why she was the house outcast in the first couple weeks. She definitely has some spoiled only-child vibes going on. Like she's a little bit socially awkward mixed with the pageant girl attitude of having a huge ego and thinking she's hot ish. Makes for a pretty obnoxious personality that I'm sure rubbed a lot of people the wrong way early on. 

Yep. Those people were the scum of the earth. But we didnt see that side of Taylor early on. Shes gross too. 

Jasmine is the worst player ever. I had high hopes that Terrance might make a game changing move this week but looks like that ain't happening.
So things stay on track and the Leftovers will go through the motions of picking off the idiots and then battle each other for the $$.

Boring predictable season. Only thing that might be fun to watch is when Terrance follows Kyle into the jury house and realizes he outsmarted himself.

Hopefully next year there will be more competitors and fewer floating cretins. 

10 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

Jasmine is the worst player ever. I had high hopes that Terrance might make a game changing move this week but looks like that ain't happening.
So things stay on track and the Leftovers will go through the motions of picking off the idiots and then battle each other for the $$.

Boring predictable season. Only thing that might be fun to watch is when Terrance follows Kyle into the jury house and realizes he outsmarted himself.

Hopefully next year there will be more competitors and fewer floating cretins. 

I think you may have fallen prey to the edit.  

Spoiler

Kyle is not going home even though he's on the block.  This move was to protect Turner. Force Alyssa to vote for Joseph so that at worst it ends in a Tie and Terrance casts the final vote.

• Like 2

Taylor wanted Kyle to get rid of Alyssa. Look how she likes it when her boo gets kicked out. 

Good for her. She deserved that.

• Like 1

Producers got the shakeup they wanted by changing game. 

Curious to see how this shakes out

Also that conversation between Dumb and Dumber was mind bogglingly awful. This is why I can never go on this show. If I was there I wouldn’t be very kind about their stupidity with geography. 

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

Producers got the shakeup they wanted by changing game. 

Curious to see how this shakes out

Also that conversation between Dumb and Dumber was mind bogglingly awful. This is why I can never go on this show. If I was there I wouldn’t be very kind about their stupidity with geography. 

Didn't he say he wasn't good at geometry at the end of the conversation?

Talk out there about

Spoiler

Kyle possibly self evicting because it's making the rounds in the house he wanted to prevent a "cookout" alliance and take out Monte, Joseph, Jasmine, Taylor, Terrance 

31 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Talk out there about

Hide contents

Kyle possibly self evicting because it's making the rounds in the house he wanted to prevent a "cookout" alliance and take out Monte, Joseph, Jasmine, Taylor, Terrance 

Crazy...

Taylor made a racially motivated move in her HOH refusing to put up Jasmine.

Kyle has a legit concern after last season,  as well as Taylor openly admitting to acting based on race.

Now the white guy is going to take heat like he's some racist. Such BS.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Crazy...

Kyle has a legit concern after last season,  as well as Taylor openly admitting to acting based on race.

I think it's complicated. He brought it up weeks ago when Indy was still in and was warned by Michael/Brittany and even supposedly production warned him to not pursue it. But he has been. And he's taking it too far by saying they should take them all out now just so they can't form a cookout type alliance. It's a dicey line but you can't pitch "let just take out anyone that's a minority" especially when there are people like Indy and Jasmine who openly had problems with Taylor and clearly weren't working with her in an alliance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Crazy...

If you followed the feeds it was a little more than that. He was basically rebuffed on why there wasn’t a cookout this year. For example Monte Joseph and Taylor voted out  and in fact advocated for the removal of Ameerah (black) and Nicole (Latina) from the game, or the fact that Terrence and Taylor were on the block repeatedly and usually as a target.  These should have Immediately made Kyle at least question whether there was merit to his Cookout 2.0.  Monte specifically had gone out of his way demonstrating his allegiance to the Leftovers not the other minority players. Yet despite all of this, Kyle continued to press the issue and proposed an alliance of Kyle Brittany Turner Alyssa and Michael (aka all the white people) specifically to combat a non-existent minority alliance.

Now do I think Kyle is racist? No. But I do think he made a terrible read on the situation and failed to really think through his proposed solution. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think it's complicated. He brought it up weeks ago when Indy was still in and was warned by Michael/Brittany and even supposedly production warned him to not pursue it. But he has been. And he's taking it too far by saying they should take them all out now just so they can't form a cookout type alliance. It's a dicey line but you can't pitch "let just take out anyone that's a minority" especially when there are people like Indy and Jasmine who openly had problems with Taylor and clearly weren't working with her in an alliance. 

4 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

If you followed the feeds it was a little more than that. He was basically rebuffed on why there wasn’t a cookout this year. For example Monte Joseph and Taylor voted out  and in fact advocated for the removal of Ameerah (black) and Nicole (Latina) from the game, or the fact that Terrence and Taylor were on the block repeatedly and usually as a target.  These should have Immediately made Kyle at least question whether there was merit to his Cookout 2.0.  Monte specifically had gone out of his way demonstrating his allegiance to the Leftovers not the other minority players. Yet despite all of this, Kyle continued to press the issue and proposed an alliance of Kyle Brittany Turner Alyssa and Michael (aka all the white people) specifically to combat a non-existent minority alliance.

Now do I think Kyle is racist? No. But I do think he made a terrible read on the situation and failed to really think through his proposed solution. 

It would seem,  at any point the remaining black contestants can say,  look at us, let's go to the end together.  It's getting late.  We still have 4. Let's go for it. Actions on previous weeks don't preclude them from forming an alliance now or on the future. 

That's paranoid thinking,  but no longer completely without merit after last season. Which is still fresh on everyone's minds. It was just last season. 

If he wants to pick a few off to ensure they don't have numbers for the end game,  he should be able to. It might be misguided and hurt him in the end.  But that's his prerogative. 

If he doesn't want to take productions word for it- they only care about the PC aspect and he has a game to worry about. I don't blame him there either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Didn't he say he wasn't good at geometry at the end of the conversation?

He sure did. It was horrific

I gotta think the geometry line was obviously tongue in cheek. But I'm not sure they don't actually know where London and Paris are. I read somewhere that on the feeds, Jasmine legitimately thought London was somewhere in the US. 

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

I gotta think the geometry line was obviously tongue in cheek. But I'm not sure they don't actually know where London and Paris are. I read somewhere that on the feeds, Jasmine legitimately thought London was somewhere in the US. 

The Geometry line feels like something the producers would have fed to him in the diary room.  "Say this - it'll be funny"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The Geometry line feels like something the producers would have fed to him in the diary room.  "Say this - it'll be funny"

Oh for sure, but even so, that conversation was an embarrassment. i’d be mortified if I came off that stupid. 

• Like 1

Man, theyre totally pitching Kyle as a racist. Horrible...

And to hold on to that for weeks and just use it because you feel you may be going home is also low.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, HazletonEagle said:

The woke posse is on the move. I still think Monte will go this week. Turner seems pretty smart and he'll have to realize that sticking with the 4 leftovers won't get him to the end. Better to break up Monte and Taylor while he has the chance. And Kyle won't get any of the woke crew's votes if he makes the final two.

And yes, Taylor's move was patently race-based, if not racist. She was protecting her race. So was Kyle. And after last season, he had more reason than she did.
Is BB going to let one side slide on this issue going forward in every season?

Based on the movie selection, this might be BB's LGBTetc season and they might rig things in his favor going forward. He probably deserves to win anyway, but he is an opportunistic slimeball as is his female flunkie.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I think you may have fallen prey to the edit.  

You're right. They got me. And Terrance is slicker than I thought. I hope he doesn't buy the cook-out "scandal." But it's hard to believe he won't.

As much as I hate where this seems to be headed, the game is not as predictable as it seemed two weeks ago.

• Like 1

I think Kyle had a valid reason for his concern.  I also think being in the house often makes people more paranoid than they should be.  After last week where Jasmine and Joseph were voted off, I think his concern should subsided.  I’m surprised that Michael and Brittany didn’t react saying that he’s probably wrong in his thinking, but understand why he could think the way he’s thinking, then mention that they can keep an eye out to see if the game is playing that way.

It didn’t end up happening, but we see it in other games where one group of people starts to think that a different group of are creating an alliance, so they have to create one against them.  This happens with males vs females where one gender will notice that they are close to losing the majority, so they talk about having to vote off the minority to ensure they stay the majority.

9 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

I think Kyle had a valid reason for his concern.  I also think being in the house often makes people more paranoid than they should be.  After last week where Jasmine and Joseph were voted off, I think his concern should subsided.  I’m surprised that Michael and Brittany didn’t react saying that he’s probably wrong in his thinking, but understand why he could think the way he’s thinking, then mention that they can keep an eye out to see if the game is playing that way.

It didn’t end up happening, but we see it in other games where one group of people starts to think that a different group of are creating an alliance, so they have to create one against them.  This happens with males vs females where one gender will notice that they are close to losing the majority, so they talk about having to vote off the minority to ensure they stay the majority.

I mean the first target of the leftovers was Ameerah, a black woman. They also voted out Nicole (Latina), Indy (Latina). Frankly if Jasmine wasn’t hurt she probably gets voted out before Indy. 

We don’t see it on the episode, but Monte makes very clear that he would not be upset at all if there WAS actually a cookout. The problem for him wasn’t Kyle thinking or considering it. It was the fact that it was so obviously false and Kyle continuing to act as if it existed anyway.  That is the issue. 

• Like 3

BB 23: The Cookout was formed specifically because of race and targeted other houseguests for eviction specifically because of their race. This was near universally applauded and they are considered brilliant contestants.

BB 24: White guy suggests this could possibly happen again. He's smeared as a racist, may end up self-evicting in shame, and it's possible this could have life-altering implications for him outside of the house. 

Monte was 100% correct when he said that this is America in 2022. :lol: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Yeah, the more I think about it this is a disaster and could have lingering effects on some of these shows.  If these people aren't going to be able to form side alliances without being labeled as racist/sexist anymore by the social media/live feed followers then the show is going to suffer. The paranoia is part of the show/experience. Even when it makes people uncomfortable. 

I could see live feeds being gone entirely after this season. Easier to edit things out/not air them entirely then muzzle the contestants as they stick their foot in the mouths live and the clip gets passed around the internet showing problematic conversations like this. 

Feel how you want about it, but this comes back to the Cookout. CBS leaning into that, as the casting going forward was now always going to be 50% minorities anyway was overkill, and it's having lasting effects. 

• Like 2