Big Brother 24** Godspeed, Poloma

JBENT87

13 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Celebrity Big Brother starts tonight.  Anyone else watch this?

I watched. There were a couple solid seasons that came out of this / BB Over The Top - lumping them together as BB spinoff seasons. But the Tom Green season was good I thought. Ron Artest was pretty entertaining but marrying themselves to that gimmick (Ricky Williams, now Lamar Odom) is kinda lazy. I wonder how much they need to cut from these seasons, with moments of these entitled "celebrities" going postal and wanting their phones/certain products/etc. But yeah this cast definitely isn't overly likable early on. But nothing else on the DVR right now so I'll watch. 

17 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I watched. There were a couple solid seasons that came out of this / BB Over The Top - lumping them together as BB spinoff seasons. But the Tom Green season was good I thought. Ron Artest was pretty entertaining but marrying themselves to that gimmick (Ricky Williams, now Lamar Odom) is kinda lazy. I wonder how much they need to cut from these seasons, with moments of these entitled "celebrities" going postal and wanting their phones/certain products/etc. But yeah this cast definitely isn't overly likable early on. But nothing else on the DVR right now so I'll watch. 

I liked the Tom Green season too.  I’m not sure if there’s someone to root for in this season.  I do like that it seems that the majority of the players are fans of the show.  Makes them seem more invested in playing.  The Todd Bridges was a random person in the house.  I actually played baseball against him when I lived in LA for a few years (a little over 10 years ago).

I'd watch Celeb BB if I knew Chris Kattan would be in there as monkey-boy Mango wreaking havoc on the house.

Watched the first episode tonight. 

It's more entertaining with an attractive cast, and this season certainly lacks that. 

It would be more entertaining with better than z list celebrities,  and this season lacks that as well. 

But I guess it's a shorter quicker season? So maybe I'll be able to stick it out.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

WOW! The comments from the jury in the live vote on Celeb Big brother were FROSTY!

I didn’t see the Live Feeds, but apparently there was a lot that happened, which is why people commented the way they did.

Just now, RPeeteRules said:

I didn’t see the Live Feeds, but apparently there was a lot that happened, which is why people commented the way they did.

I dont know what happened with todd/todrick but my wife was just reading up on it. Apparently Todrick pretty much discredited NSYNC guys work, and body shamed Shana. Meloncamp lady started it off with a real salty comment though and Im not sure what happened there either. But she was hot and looked really good tonight. Big mistake voting her out so early.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

New season started.  Do they normally start on a Wednesday, then not show another episode until Sunday?  I don’t remember. 

1 hour ago, RPeeteRules said:

New season started.  Do they normally start on a Wednesday, then not show another episode until Sunday?  I don’t remember. 

Depends on whether it’s a two night premier or not, but it usually has to do with coverage. In the past they were in the house for a week before the premier so they had plenty of content to air. Given they switched to a live opener during covid, this gives them an extra day of footage for the Sunday show. 

• Like 1

Looks like a sexy summer in the BB house. Good cast and cool production design.

Paloma's going to blow up the girl's alliance if she plays too hard. 
And she couldn't have picked a dumber ride or die in Alyssa. 

I'm rooting for Ameerah.

I am really hoping we have a messy game. If we have another big alliance with small side deals situation, I may be done with this show.  

58 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Hide contents

Seems like Paloma may have self evicted or something like that. [\spoiler]

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Big Brother is racist again.

When I was hoping for a messy game, this is not what I meant.  What kind of monkey paw is this message board.

• Haha 1

For the first time in a long time, the producers did what was fair rather than what would make the best TV. Good on them. Glad they treated Paloma as the eviction this week. 

last season was all about a black person winning. this season #mentalhealth.

This show is jumping the shark. 

OMFG with the Fing tears. Bunch of pusses. I get being concerned, but you’ve know her 3 days. and before Paloma went nuts, she was a total B

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, homerpat said:

OMFG with the Fing tears. Bunch of pusses. I get being concerned, but you’ve know her 3 days. and before Paloma went nuts, she was a total B

I also thought it was way over the top. I was guessing something happened that wasn’t shown to justify a reaction like that. 

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I also thought it was way over the top. I was guessing something happened that wasn’t shown to justify a reaction like that. 

Honestly unless she died in the house and they all witnessed it, I see no reason for it. IDK. maybe I’m just cold hearted, but while I can get choked up, I barely ever cry over anything. 

• Like 1

With regards to the Paloma situation, apparently that was only a small (and honestly flattering) representation of her.  Apparently, several houseguests were getting visibly concerned on the feeds by how erratic Paloma was getting.  So I do think, as over the top the reaction was, that it was probably genuine.  

As for this week, I cannot wait until Jasmine is out of power.  Her move is actually good, but I just cannot stand the over-exaggerated country routine.  It's just really cringey. 

On 7/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

With regards to the Paloma situation, apparently that was only a small (and honestly flattering) representation of her.  Apparently, several houseguests were getting visibly concerned on the feeds by how erratic Paloma was getting.  So I do think, as over the top the reaction was, that it was probably genuine.  

As for this week, I cannot wait until Jasmine is out of power.  Her move is actually good, but I just cannot stand the over-exaggerated country routine.  It's just really cringey. 

Yeah, she only has a slight southern drawl when she's interacting normally with people, but when she gets in the diary room she goes way over the top with it. 

• Like 2

Guess it wouldn't kill me to update the title here. 

The Diary Room confessionals are worse than ever this season. I don't think there's been an original thought yet with every house guest seemingly just regurgitating what production wants them to say. The zingers and commentary is so overproduced, I just can't recall it ever being as cringe as it is this specific season. Jasmine's country girl shtick included. 

• Like 2

I liked the veto challenge this week. A nice twist on traditional back and forth challenge. I just wish the bb twists were as creative and well thought out as the challenges. 

Rumors in the house is we may finally be done with the secret large alliance bs and there are now two large alliances about to go to war with each other. Man I hope that is true!

No spoilers, but this week's episodes are going to be AMAZING!

• Thanks 1