HBO Max

Gannan

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Easier to answer what I liked which wasn't much.

The soundtrack was ok, similar retro vibe to GOTG which was expected.  The fact that they killed off so many of the squad which actually showed it was a suicide mission, and these expendables can and will die.  Killing the "main" hero (who no one cares about anyway) was at least something different.  The Harley Quinn in a red dress hallway scene was ok.  I mean she had a spear against a small army of guys with machine guns who couldn't shoot her at all, but hey at least it was visually interesting.

Maybe you will get a better opinion 

I liked Suicide Squad for what it was and is I think is the only DC movie I can say that about. 

Watching "Within" on and off during free time. "Starlight" the cute as hell blonde from The Boys is the protagonist, playing a high school student who moves into a creepy sorta haunted house with her parents in this (spoiler: apparently the former residents are still in the house living in the crawl space/walls of the house. I'm probably 25% of the way into the movie and you already know thats the case, so I don't really feel like its a real spoiler, F off).

Anyway, yeah it is weird as crap seeing this actress in this role as she looks exactly the same. When I first turned this on and seeing the move in etc, I just thought she was the third wheel to the other couple, and she was moving in with these two bc her husband got hit by a bus or something. Then 15 -20 mins in you see her fire up her laptop and this hipster young kid pops up as her boyfriend asking about the new house. Was such a mindF. 

2 hours ago, devpool said:

I fell asleep about 30 minutes in yesterday, gonna try again tonight

Suicide Squad? I'd try watching it as soon as you wake up and drink several hundred mgs of caffeine. Maybe a few lines of coke. Otherwise you are just going to keep falling asleep.

Finally finished watching Suicide Squad.  I had started it last weekend, but got interrupted by a 25th Anniversary trip.  Anyway, I liked it well enough, thought it was pretty fun, and pretty funny, which were improvements over the other one.  It wasn't the best superhero movie, but I don't think it was supposed to be.  Pretty sure the negotiations with Gunn went something like this:

DC: We hear that Marvel fired you

Gunn: Yeah, said I'm a pervert, possibly a pedophile

DC: We don't care, please come make a movie for us 

Gunn: OK, but I want to remake The Suicide Squad

DC: We just spent a bunch of money doing that one...

Gunn: And I want to use some of the same actors, and I want to make it R rated, with tons of graphic violence, and gore, and f bombs...

DC: :unsure: 

Gunn: And I want to make the primary antagonist a giant alien starfish

DC: Fine, fine, just please make a movie for us, and maybe try to recruit some Marvel actors? PLEASE!

seinfeld-kramer.gif

Is the new suicide squad the only 90%+ rotten tomatoes DCEU movie? I’m guessing the first two Bale Batman’s might be the only other 90% films?

22 minutes ago, DBW said:

So who is gonna die on white lotus?  

The gay manager and d-bag honeymoon guy is mad because he didn’t get any refunds/comps for his vacation 

I finished Suicide Squad today, it was ok. I hated the starfish thing, like I get the whole movie was meant to be dumb but they didn't try at all there. I thought King Shark would be cooler based on what I read and he was really lame

10 hours ago, devpool said:

I finished Suicide Squad today, it was ok. I hated the starfish thing, like I get the whole movie was meant to be dumb but they didn't try at all there. I thought King Shark would be cooler based on what I read and he was really lame

Did you like Groot?  A creature who doesn't say much and seems dumb and is voiced by an actor with a deep, mumbling, gravely voice?  Well let me introduce you to King Shark.

20 hours ago, devpool said:

He’s so much better in Harley Quinn cartoon. Had some moments in SS, but agreed not up to his reputation. 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, Mike030270 said:

This was a good one too lol

Hide contents

28114cf5454ef4fc0fd9b667b10b0cbd3d5f84d3

442cb13ad9693e4b42d44ce1f1c3c7e38daca385

f7d1aa42b3486b0e6dd155a79c0268e5fa83d7b8

85cb1c5c62fb78bedff16ba240fe3c7dc5d38aa4

76b82f721fdefd967a286854db37d7bd8a4eef3d

4de1752188ffec6ec294171cc19be78e597a6216

fda827b29a12bdfbc601595e91b7da1ccbaabcd5

734b4a846d71eef94a926b6d6762e471e3bff547

I wasn’t expecting this but Polka dot man scenes were some of the best scenes lol

On 8/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, Gern Blanston said:

Been watching the "100 Foot Wave" Doc the past 2 nights - pretty good...

I'll have to check this out.  Wasn't familiar with the big wave area off the coast of Portugal.  The biggest one I knew of was Maverick's, which is off the coast of CA a little south of the San Fran area.  A young 16yo named Jay Moriarity was caught on camera in one of the biggest wipeouts ever and that pic was featured on the cover of Surfer Magazine.  He became a big wave legend and tragically died just 6 years later in a free dive accident off the Madives in the Indian Ocean.  I wasn't familiar with the surfer featured in this film, but do know Laird Hamilton who also is in the film.  The big wave riders were a whole separate group from the tour and soul surfers who traveled the World.  Takes real courage to surf such big waves with all that water that could come down on you and leave you helpless.  Big time surfers have drowned in lesser conditions, like Mark Foo.  All it takes is the board hitting your head or your leash getting caught on rocks/reef and you're done. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:25 PM, NOTW said:

Anyone watch the show Gomorrah?  

Best recent Italian mob series and longest running. If you haven’t but are going to watch some of the other ones, I would watch in this order Suburra, ZeroZeroZero and last Gomorra so you are not let down by the others. They ( Suburra and ZZZ ) are pretty good but pale in comparison. There is a catch of needing subtitles for Gomorra and Suburra and a lot of ZZZ

I think I know where James Gunn got the idea for the giant alien monster in The Suicide Squad.

20210814_112343.jpg

White Lotus finale is already tonight. I’m still not sure how to explain the plot at all. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

White Lotus finale is already tonight. I’m still not sure how to explain the plot at all. 

Just finished as well. I honestly don’t think there was a plot. I just got into a fight with my wife about it.  Now I’m changing a diaper and warming up some breast milk. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Just finished as well. I honestly don’t think there was a plot. I just got into a fight with my wife about it.  Now I’m changing a diaper and warming up some breast milk. 

Yea. I liked the acting, cinematography and everything else about it. But it was kinda a mini-series about nothing. 

Also, congrats! 

• Thanks 1