HBO Max

Gannan

I think I only watched the first trailer so my expectations were pretty low

Don't know how many times I literally said what the F lol

The assistant to the generals had a very giggly top too

Just finished watching The Suicide Squad.  I didn't see the first one from 2016 so can't make a comparison.  This was pretty good.  A bit over the top and campy at times, but had funny moments throughout the film and the pace was right out of the gate and never stopped until the end.

2 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Just finished watching The Suicide Squad.  I didn't see the first one from 2016 so can't make a comparison.  This was pretty good.  A bit over the top and campy at times, but had funny moments throughout the film and the pace was right out of the gate and never stopped until the end.

I used the word "ghostbustery" lol 

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Moth monster man which I think episode 3 of the series was phenomenal. And they had two mooninites episodes within the first ten or so. Dates back to like 2003 (freshman year college) but that sheet was great for 10 min episodes of solid content 

the first 10 minutes of Super Birthday Snake's(S1E1) machine gun like dialogue is beyond reproach.

The Last One (S2E24) is possibly the best episode of the whole series. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

the first 10 minutes of Super Birthday Snake's(S1E1) machine gun like dialogue is beyond reproach.

The Last One (S2E24) is possibly the best episode of the whole series. 

I always liked the first 2 episodes more after watching more of the show, because you have so much familiarity with the main trio and Carl. But the first 2 episodes brand new are such a weird/bizarre adjustment that it wasn't until episode 3 that the show pulled me in.

Similarly, South Park (tbf I was in middle school) didn't "hook" me until Cartman made a welfare joke about Kenny with regards to buying him a toy for Cartman's birthday party. Maybe a few eps into that show?

DC fans: we don't need to copy the MCU.

DC:  5 actors and director from MCU, cast a wrestler like the MCU, soundtrack inspired by MCU GOTG and sciencey thing named Yodenheim where Loki is from in the MCU.

• Haha 1

1 hour in, crap so far. If the original was an F this is a D-. I was hoping for better. I'm bored.

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

1 hour in, crap so far. If the original was an F this is a D-. I was hoping for better. I'm bored.

It picks up IMO. I agree it had down moments in first half but overall I enjoyed it 

On 8/5/2021 at 10:46 PM, Mike030270 said:

IThe assistant to the generals had a very giggly top too

I just got to that part and lol'd, literally out loud.

My wife snickered. :lol:

On 8/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, Mike030270 said:

I think I only watched the first trailer so my expectations were pretty low

Don't know how many times I literally said what the F lol

The assistant to the generals had a very giggly top too

Oh, and even as bad as it was, it was still better than the Snyder Cut IMO.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

This. Movie. Was. Terrible. 

You are full of sheet!

16 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

It was though. Like comically bad.

Dammit now I'll have to block you cause I liked it lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dammit now I'll have to block you cause I liked it lol

Honestly (I know you are joking) only complete puss puss cowards block someone on a message board. It's pretty easy to just scroll by a post IMO. Even if you are being heavily trolled its usually mildly amusing at worst.

I think like 3 or 4 people blocked me so far and all of them are obvious cowards and can't handle a bit of being F'ed with on a message board...sad little people IMO.

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

Honestly (I know you are joking) only complete puss puss cowards block someone on a message board. It's pretty easy to just scroll by a post IMO. Even if you are being heavily trolled its usually mildly amusing at worst.

I think like 3 or 4 people blocked me so far and all of them are obvious cowards and can't handle a bit of being F'ed with on a message board...sad little people IMO.

I agree, I have a few blocked..  mostly people that add nothing to any conversation and are clearly trolling nonstop. 

I did like this move though lol. Not sure why but, I did and by a lot!

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are full of sheet!

I wanted to like it (same with the first one.) It was just awful.

37 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What didn't you like about this one? 

Watching the suicide squad now. It’s OK. Pretty much what I expected. But too long IMO. It’s not that deep of a story to go 2hrs + 

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Same. They are both just too too goofy. It works for Guardians of the Galaxy, but to me it comes off as just cheap humor in both of these movies.  I know everyone makes the "DC is so dark" jokes , but these movies would be better suited dark and edgy IMO.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What didn't you like about this one? 

Easier to answer what I liked which wasn't much.

The soundtrack was ok, similar retro vibe to GOTG which was expected.  The fact that they killed off so many of the squad which actually showed it was a suicide mission, and these expendables can and will die.  Killing the "main" hero (who no one cares about anyway) was at least something different.  The Harley Quinn in a red dress hallway scene was ok.  I mean she had a spear against a small army of guys with machine guns who couldn't shoot her at all, but hey at least it was visually interesting.

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Easier to answer what I liked which wasn't much.

The soundtrack was ok, similar retro vibe to GOTG which was expected.  The fact that they killed off so many of the squad which actually showed it was a suicide mission, and these expendables can and will die.  Killing the "main" hero (who no one cares about anyway) was at least something different.  The Harley Quinn in a red dress hallway scene was ok.  I mean she had a spear against a small army of guys with machine guns who couldn't shoot her at all, but hey at least it was visually interesting.

Agreed with all that and then there’s The scene of bloodsport and peacemaker going side by side killing guys which was a direct rip off of the scene in fast and furious where Hobbs and Shaw ran the gauntlet.  That felt a little cheap.