EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, John_C said:

One down, four more to go.  Most important outcome is get these losses in the books.

Start Wentz then 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I don't know the context of his answer, but I'm assuming that someone asked him for his take on who should start and he correctly answered with that. It's not Mills's duty to give an answer on that. 

Probably just that. I just hate all the smoke around Howie has pull on who plays 

1 hour ago, Casey @ Bat said:

So I was watching the Raiders Jets game today. First Agholar gets behind the defense with 15 seconds left and I couldn’t believe it. Then Ruggs does and scores  winning TD with 5 seconds.

I don’t want to suggest that they threw the game cuz I don’t believe it. But, man that was odd. And they somehow keep the #1 pick.😕

You can count on this team screwing the pooch by winning two or three more games knocking us out of the top ten. Dallas will tank and get Sewell and Washington will pick in front of  us and get Parsons. We will take another WR who still won't be better than any of the previous receivers we lost out on...

2 hours ago, Casey @ Bat said:

This has become laughable to me. This is not a minimum wage job. It’s one of 32 jobs at the highest level of football. With a ridiculously rabid fan base. 
They have a talented F’d up QB. There will be several qualified candidates willing to cut a nut off for this job. 
YES this is a highly desirable job. 

Is it desirable because you said so? They have no talent, little patience and a piss poor GM. It is not desirable. 

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

They have a good owner and a qb most regard as franchise level

yes its an attractive gig

Giants are going to own this division for years to come. Their defense is unstoppable and Joe Judge just won @ Seattle! I pray it is the defensive coordinator being the reason for their success and someone takes him and then Judge looks bad, kind of like what happened to us when Reich left and Doug was by himself. 

Here's my issue with Jeff Lurie, as things stand right now:

He has demonstrated a clear tendency to play favorites with non-football guys in the FO (Joe Banner, Howie Roseman), both of whom have undermined the head football coaches.  Banner vs. AR, Howie vs AR, Howie vs Chip, Howie vs Doug.

So that's 4 times that Lurie's personal BFF's who came into this place with no football qualifications have engaged in power struggles with the head coach.

At some point, that's on Lurie.  He got rid of Banner after he burnt enough bridges and had his hand forced.  We'll see if he does the same with Roseman.

13 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

They have a good owner and a qb most regard as franchise level

yes its an attractive gig

And if he’s benched for Hurts...?

24 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Is it desirable because you said so? They have no talent, little patience and a piss poor GM. It is not desirable. 

So nobody will want the job? There is some talent, the owner has shown patience. A lot more than fans. 
Has nothing to do with me saying so and every bit of things I mentioned in previous post. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

People will assume mismanagement and that they can get it fixed. Buy low

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I don't think it's a death sentence for Wentz if he's benched and it doesn't mean that they're moving on from him in the offseason. Doug is in survival mode now trying to save his job, so if he thinks starting Hurts for the final four games in the hope that he lights it up is the last chip to save his job or save face, then he'll do it. If they move on from Doug in the offseason and bring in a new coach, he'll be the one taking that job based off of it he wants Wentz or Hurts to be his guy. Wentz has proven that he can be an elite quarterback in this league. He's obviously struggled this year, but it's in there somewhere. Hurts was not a blue-chip college QB and I doubt a new coach would hitch his wagon to him. The notion among many in the league is that Wentz is in a broken situation. If a new coach coming in thinks he can fix him, he's his guy.  

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

People will assume mismanagement and that they can get it fixed. Buy low

Ok. And would that opportunity be more attractive than LA with Herbert on a rookie deal or the Jets or Jags with the best QB prospect since Luck?

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I don't think it's a death sentence for Wentz if he's benched and it doesn't mean that they're moving on from him in the offseason. Doug is in survival mode now trying to save his job, so if he thinks starting Hurts for the final four games in the hope that he lights it up is the last chip to save his job or save face, then he'll do it. If they move on from Doug in the offseason and bring in a new coach, he'll be the one taking that job based off of it he wants Wentz or Hurts to be his guy. Wentz has proven that he can be an elite quarterback in this league. He's obviously struggled this year, but it's in there somewhere. Hurts was not a blue-chip college QB and I doubt a new coach would hitch his wagon to him. The notion among many in the league is that Wentz is in a broken situation. If a new coach coming in thinks he can fix him, he's his guy.  

This isn’t just a Doug decision. We know that. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

This isn’t just a Doug decision. We know that. 

Roseman is in the same boat that Doug is in. Trying to save face and his job. His last chip to play is Hurts. 

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Roseman is in the same boat that Doug is in. Trying to save face and his job. His last chip to play is Hurts. 

Is he though? Reports seem to indicate otherwise. 

Benching Wentz is also a Lurie decision, I should add. 

27 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Giants are going to own this division for years to come. Their defense is unstoppable and Joe Judge just won @ Seattle! I pray it is the defensive coordinator being the reason for their success and someone takes him and then Judge looks bad, kind of like what happened to us when Reich left and Doug was by himself. 

Hawks were 4-4 last season at home

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Hawks were 4-4 last season at home

Giants beat them with a nobody QB and held Russell Wilson to 12 points. I'm scared. Really only 10 as 2 came off a safety.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

We don't know that truthfully. Maybe he'll answer it at the end of the season during his PC but for know it's just a rumor

1 hour ago, blindside said:

What the hell happened to Carson. I simply don’t understand how badly he has regressed. From MVP front runner, to a deer in headlights. It’s clearly a mental block. He needs a change of scenery. But this is a disaster 

His mechanics have been way off all season, he's missing reads, reactions are slower....could still be dealing with issues from the concussion.  And who knows, maybe he's had another concussion since then that may have been overlooked. 

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I don't think any of us know that for sure. And if that is the case, I think it has more to do with Lurie seeing enough of this season and not wanting to risk Wentz's health for 2021. If it comes down to Doug or Wentz, I think Lurie chooses Wentz with a new coach. 

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

His mechanics have been way off all season, he's missing reads, reactions are slower....could still be dealing with issues from the concussion.  And who knows, maybe he's had another concussion since then that may have been overlooked. 

Can we stop with this theory? It's asinine. 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'll likely find my way back, but I won't be happy about it.   I do have other hobbies.   And I can move into those... I took up smoking meats this summer... and instead of smoking in time for the game, I can just smoke the meat during the game and eat it outdoors as long as the weather holds.  Maybe put the radio on... maybe not.  

You’ll be back to your summer gig next summer.  Don’t hinge it all on Howie.  

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I feel bad for Fulgham. He was bound to come back down to earth after the run that he had so it isn't surprising, but the lack of snaps and targets ever since Jeffery came back is discouraging. He did everything you would want a guy in his situation to do and he showed that he could be a contributor to this offense and impact games. It's just a crappy thing to do to a guy like that in favor of a guy who most knew was going to have zero to little impact on the offense. And if I were a player on the team seeing that, it would piss me off. 

I don't know.  I was on the Fulgham bandwagon even when he slowed down.  But what was he doing on that pass from Hurts that bounced off his chest, with his hands flaying all over the place?  He looked like the kid with the brick hands in a backyard football game on that play. 

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

I don't know.  I was on the Fulgham bandwagon even when he slowed down.  But what was he doing on that pass from Hurts that bounced off his chest, with his hands flaying all over the place?  He looked like the kid with the brick hands in a backyard football game on that play. 

Bad drop, but receivers drop passes and it's magnified for him because he had, what, one target all game? I think some of these guys need targets and to get into a rhythm. It's the same thing with Sanders, which has been the most baffling thing to me all season. His errors stand out like a sore thumb because he's only getting 5-10 touches a game when he should be in the 20 range. 

Archived