EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

Michelle Tafoya calling Sudfeld Sunberg is the ultimate shade and I’m here for it 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

And now the only team in the division we might beat next year (Giants) is going to come at us a little extra hard.  Might help the 2022 pick.

I think Dallas will still be bad. McCarthy is like Doug without the emotional intelligence. 

Just a reminder... 3.4 yards per attempt passing. 4.3 yards per carry running the ball.

That's not 'playing well'... 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

An off-ball LB at 6 doesn’t sound great to me. 

I think he’s going to be a good player but completely agree it would be a waste here and probably most teams 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Just a reminder... 3.4 yards per attempt passing. 4.3 yards per carry running the ball.

But it is an indicator he’s a great passer and not run first QB 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Jalen Hurts without his #1 RB, #1 TE, #1 WR, all OTs....
He started slow, but played much better as the game went along. 

Give Hurts all of 2021. If he sucks, fire Howie/Doug/Hurts and start fresh in 2022. 

3 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

That was embarrassing to the point where if I’m Lurie it just changed the Tuesday meeting. A bad look for the franchise and it will leave a bad taste in some players mouths. It’s disrespectful of the commitment they give to their life’s work. Going forward it in 4th down, fine. Hamstringing the offense in the mist embarrassing and public way is not worth 3 draft spots. Shameful how it turned out. Very poorly done, Doug. 

Pretty sure they discussed giving Sudfeld some playing time prior to the game...so I don't think anyone was surprised when he went in..especially since Hurts had missed the TD pass and wasn't playing that well. 

3 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Lol it just started for the blog my man 

For some yeah sure. But right now it’s going to be too much speculation for me. There’s so much that still has to happen. Even though it’s obvious he will, the best prospect in this draft still hasn’t declared yet. I’ll wait until the senior bowl/combine/first few days of FA is over when draft picture is far more clear.

Let me throw my hat in the ring now for the anti Parsons and anti Devonta Smith crowd.

Top 6 is no place for a 6' 170lb receiver with average speed.  Top 6 is also no place for a 4-3 LB on a team that will be undergoing a defensive scheme change.

If we had a real GM, trade down and accumulate picks.  Under the circumstances, I don't know.  F it.  Yeah, just draft the best player from the local team to save your job.  Whatever

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I hate that his performance and effort was garbage this year. Still love him for making one of the biggest plays in eagles history with the td reception and fourth down conversion on that drive. But it really ended poorly due to his own lack of effort 

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Aw man.  That's tough to see. 

Eagles post game live is so brutal.

I can't believe they're whining about this.

What is it about announcers and commentators who don't understand why this benefits the team? They're here ripping the Eagles. Please. They'd be the first ones to complain when they miss out on a blue chip player in 4 months.

Seth Joyner: "I've never been more ashamed to be acquainted with the Eagles"

I’d almost have rather won so we had a worse draft pick so whoever Howie was gonna pick would get selected by another team And we’d have to settle for whoever would actually be good

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

I'm sorry, this made me laugh out loud.

Congrats Washington NoNames.   You have no future at QB, just cut the first round pick from a couple years ago, and will be selecting #19.  

Let me know when you have a team name again.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Looking forward to Colts Bills 

Potentially all three of those matchups the underdog could win and i wouldn’t be surprised. Like if the colts, ravens and browns win would you really be shocked? 

Just now, eagle45 said:

Let me throw my hat in the ring now for the anti Parsons and anti Devonta Smith crowd.

Top 6 is no place for a 6' 170lb receiver with average speed.  Top 6 is also no place for a 4-3 LB on a team that will be undergoing a defensive scheme change.

If we had a real GM, trade down and accumulate picks.  Under the circumstances, I don't know.  F it.  Yeah, just draft the best player from the local team to save your job.  Whatever

It's a more than fair thought process on Smith, but when you look back on the 2021 draft class five or so years down the line, Smith will stand out.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Jalen Hurts without his #1 RB, #1 TE, #1 WR, all OTs....
He started slow, but played much better as the game went along. 

Give Hurts all of 2021. If he sucks, fire Howie/Doug/Hurts and start fresh in 2022. 

Hurts sucks and is a horrible passer.

But that's fine.  Give him 2021 for all I care.

I'd have been prepared to give Sudfeld 2021 if they could have gotten value for Hurts and Wentz.  But now they've completely torched the trade value for both of them.  So might as well let Hurts' legs carry us to a top 5 pick in 2022.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

And now the only team in the division we might beat next year (Giants) is going to come at us a little extra hard.  Might help the 2022 pick.

I don’t know how the football Gods work, but they didn’t earn any favors after pulling what they did tonight. I’ve been watching football for a while, and I haven’t seen an outright tank job like that in a long time. Teams laying down and getting blown out, sure. But nothing like that when the game was still in reach. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup

Archived